[nintendont] question about DiscEX and DMTools

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OriginalHamster, Dec 16, 2016.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, I recently switch from HDD to SD card to store my Gamecube games, and I would like save the most space on the device, now I've read that some games will present problems when they are shrunk, is current DiscEX able to shrink with wider compatibility? I never used it before because I have plenty of space in my HDD, if there's issues present in games I would prefer keep the full iso, but maybe the trimming now is more advanced... IDK.

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Oh hey it's the Hamster again! Everything you need to know about Nintendont compatibility is on the wiki here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

It shows you which games can or cannot be shrunk, and also shows the shrunken size. Games that save like 100 MB are not really worth shrinking overall. Look on top where it says "Shrunk" and read what it recommends to use for shrinking. Hope that helps, follow SD card user!

Edit: It suggests using a tool called wit? That must be new, I always used DMToolbox.

3. OriginalHamster
    OP

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Yeah, that's what I'm using, it's really straight, it works with nintendont right? Or only Dios Mios?

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    At this point in time, DIOS MIOS and Diivolution are completely out of the question : p
    But yeah the shrinking should work the same way for those loaders. Nintendont is really powerful and still being updated. Thank you FIX94!
    You can pretty much pretend that only Nintendont exists, everything else is obsolete.

Edit: my final setup on my SD card involves two loaders:
    For Wii games: CFG USB Loader (Master Mod)
    For Gamecube games: USB Loader GX (Configured to load Nintendont)
    And use the regular Nintendont, not the Mastermod. Else USB Loader GX will freeze the wii U

This setup is flawless and can load gamecube and wii games, with two different loaders. After a lot of testing, these two loaders worked best for SD card.

Last edited by MattKimura, Dec 17, 2016
    zeldaism likes this.