Homebrew Nintendont issues

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,823
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
For some reason some gamecube games have a problem where the main character automatically does an action like in chibi robo chibi moves by himself and some other games like timesplitters it's ok. I'm running the current update so how do I fix this?

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We need more info mate:
  • what type of controller are you using?
  • it happens with the wiimote+chuck?
  • if you're using usb, do you see something strange (inputs from buttons you aren't pressing)?
  • have you changed any setting in nintendont?
  • are you runing from a usb loader? If yes, have you tried the same game straight from nintendont? If no, have you tried loading it from a usb loader?
  • is this a new problem, like the games worked before and this problem started out of nowere?

D

Deleted User

OP
We need more info mate:
  • what type of controller are you using?
  • it happens with the wiimote+chuck?
  • if you're using usb, do you see something strange (inputs from buttons you aren't pressing)?
  • have you changed any setting in nintendont?
  • are you runing from a usb loader? If yes, have you tried the same game straight from nintendont? If no, have you tried loading it from a usb loader?
  • is this a new problem, like the games worked before and this problem started out of nowere?
Gamecube the new smash one actually
Nope it does not happen to the Wii remote
I have a launch model Wii so no need for USB
I changed settings like memory card emulation and forcing widescreen and progressive mode I'm using the wii2hdmi adapter
Yes and yes
No it happened straight away playing these games like I said it's like that for certain games and it doesn't happen on the title screen like for instance games like super Mario sunshine work great

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On second thought it might just be a bad dump but I'm not sure cause two games so far I have encountered this bug. maybe I should try dios mios or something that uses mios? I know dios mios is worse but it uses mios which is on par with Nintendont which mios probably has better fps and is less buggy. But has less features.

Last edited by ,

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gamecube the new smash one actually
Nope it does not happen to the Wii remote
I have a launch model Wii so no need for USB
I changed settings like memory card emulation and forcing widescreen and progressive mode I'm using the wii2hdmi adapter
Yes and yes
No it happened straight away playing these games like I said it's like that for certain games and it doesn't happen on the title screen like for instance games like super Mario sunshine work great

On second thought it might just be a bad dump but I'm not sure cause two games so far I have encountered this bug. maybe I should try dios mios or something that uses mios? I know dios mios is worse but it uses mios which is on par with Nintendont which mios probably has better fps and is less buggy. But has less features.

Strange, mate. I have the Family Edition so I have no experience with GC controllers (that seems to be were lies the problem), since it only happens in some games it's not a problem with the controller itself. I heard you can use dios mios alongside nintendont, maybe use dios for those problematic games and nintendont for the rest.

Anyways, I did a google with this problem and it seems nintendont have a problem with this controller in specific, the first reponse here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/9w58wg/gamecube_controller_with_adapter_drifting_down/ might help you.

EDIT: here's the issue in github in case you're interested: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/625

Last edited by evertonstz,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use a Red Wii (25th Mario Anniversary),as my main Wii. And a Wavebird to play NGC games using Nintendont.

The main thing here is that Wavebird controller must be turned on before starting Nintendont or it will not recognize it correctly.

Other thing is that everytime I start Nintendont, my WiiMote kinda turns off for a little moment (it might de-synchronize as well, but I'm not sure about it). Maybe this little fact is what causes problems with your Smash NGC controller as it is connected through the WiiMote.

D

Deleted User

OP
The fix actually is to enable native control if your on a launch Wii so it's the controller itself hopefully someone will make a mod for the controller to fix the issue as it seems Nintendo might be using different internals maybe I should look into a new gamecube controller that's different like the Wii u one or maybe a Wii version if they ever made one or just an original.

Oh my God I realized how expensive even the Wii u version is boxed and sealed is maybe the internals are the same I'll have to mod the controller
If I want to ensure it works with everything

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The fix actually is to enable native control if your on a launch Wii so it's the controller itself hopefully someone will make a mod for the controller to fix the issue as it seems Nintendo might be using different internals maybe I should look into a new gamecube controller that's different like the Wii u one or maybe a Wii version if they ever made one or just an original.

Oh my God I realized how expensive even the Wii u version is boxed and sealed is maybe the internals are the same I'll have to mod the controller
If I want to ensure it works with everything

Why not get a second hand original gc controller? It'll probably cost less and they sell for nothing (not here in my country tho, lol).

I use a Red Wii (25th Mario Anniversary),as my main Wii. And a Wavebird to play NGC games using Nintendont.

The main thing here is that Wavebird controller must be turned on before starting Nintendont or it will not recognize it correctly.

Other thing is that everytime I start Nintendont, my WiiMote kinda turns off for a little moment (it might de-synchronize as well, but I'm not sure about it). Maybe this little fact is what causes problems with your Smash NGC controller as it is connected through the WiiMote.

He's using the native port to connect the GC controller.

Last edited by evertonstz,
D

Deleted User

OP
I can confirm that native controller turned on for the problematic games is the fix. Sorry for necroing but don't get an original controller unless your using it for other purposes. I just tested the fix now because I finally got around to play with the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: