Hacking Nintendont giving a few titles the black screen

mmajunkie77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a few isos are giving me a black screen, and shutting my console completely off.

I have build 5.468 (the most recent, I believe?) Anyway, the USB drive is formatted in fat32, and the root has a "game" folder and all isos in their respective folders. I feel as though I have everything right, seeing as how most of the other games I've tried work perfectly.

The few I'm trying are LoZ: Collector's Edition, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil Code Veronica X. I've tried at least 3 copies each of these specifically. I'm sure there are a few more, but as soon as I boot those, they give me a black screen and shut my console down. It's strange, because the compatibility list checks out, they SHOULD work. Any suggestions or help is always appreciated!

Alex4U

i like pancakes
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably missing MIOS or try to using another USB? Has been a long time since I didn't used Nintendon't, so, last time that happend to me, I just changed the USB and worked. I'd check the Nintendon't options too.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need MIOS for Nintendont.

Make sure your disc images are valid and you don't have any settings forced. The tool in my sig can verify GC images if you don't want to use the function built into Nintendont.

Also, your Nintendont is out of date. The latest is 5.476.

mmajunkie77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreyWolf, I don't have any settings forced. And the tool in your sig, where could I find that?

Also, is it possible that you can provide me a link to the latest build? Thank you again for your time and your help!

EDIT: My mistake, I forgot I could update in app. Did that, but the few games still immediately shut the console down after booting.

Last edited by mmajunkie77,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreyWolf, I don't have any settings forced. And the tool in your sig, where could I find that?

Also, is it possible that you can provide me a link to the latest build? Thank you again for your time and your help!

EDIT: My mistake, I forgot I could update in app. Did that, but the few games still immediately shut the console down after booting.

Click the "GCVerify" link in my signature. You can just drop the ISOs on the application's window. It might take a bit but if they're good images it will say "Found."

mmajunkie77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I cannot find the GCVerify here, but I Googled it and think I came across it. I've downloaded it from "github" but how do I use it? I don't see an application to open

EDIT: Ahhh, I see. I was on mobile, so the sig wasn't showing. I got on my PC and I see now. Sorry about that!

EDIT 2: Yes, GreyWolf, they were good dumps. Cool little app though, I like that alot.

Last edited by mmajunkie77,

DragonBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm using DMToolbox in order to process the ISOs and I notice on some games (Sonic Adventure DX comes in mind) had given me black screen and power down as well. I solved this by using the RAW option instead of the Optimised one on DMToolbox... Do you think that would help your case?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using DMToolbox in order to process the ISOs and I notice on some games (Sonic Adventure DX comes in mind) had given me black screen and power down as well. I solved this by using the RAW option instead of the Optimised one on DMToolbox... Do you think that would help your case?

Don't use anything on the disc images. Just make sure their MD5s are valid and leave them as ISOs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...