Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Biggest. Troll. Article EVAR.

You know what, someone translate that page in the source's source. I wonder if it's even real.

Also, gamers these days have become the biggest whiney bitches ever. I'm ashamed to be known as a gamer nowadays. "console iznt besterz?! NU BUY!" What a joke gamers have become.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nobody reply to Centrix. His post doesn't deserve it.
I shall reply regardless, as ignorance is something I am allergic to.
to be fair I really don't see much difference in terms of graphics between 3DS and Vita, hell the 3DS is one hell of a system in terms of graphics and developers are only going to push it further...(...)as far as I can tell 3DS and Vita are fairly close in terms of graphics...
http://andriasang.com/comz54/f1_2011_vita_3ds/
>I don't see any differences either.

we already learned that Vita isn't as powerful as Sony hyped it to be nor will sport PS3 graphics...
[yt]cM280rOq78k[/yt]

>Horrible graphics!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Biggest. Troll. Article EVAR.

You know what, someone translate that page in the source's source. I wonder if it's even real.

Also, gamers these days have become the biggest whiney bitches ever. I'm ashamed to be known as a gamer nowadays. "console iznt besterz?! NU BUY!" What a joke gamers have become.
I was about to tell you off for not reading the article.
Then I read the article.

It's some selective quotes from the Nintendo Q&A. Unfortunately the quotes do not support the content of the article. Nowhere does Iwata-san say anything about the Wii U being less powerful than anything. Hell, the specs for the PS4 and NextBox aren't even revealed yet. These are the quotes they used:
There are a variety of different ways to show the unique appeal of software. What’s important here is not to narrow down what we can do. Rather, we have to create the dynamic range of appeals that the consumers can appreciate. We decided to make a proposal of an additional screen into the Wii U controller because developers could think of a variety of different possibilities here and there of using both a big TV screen and a screen in a player’s hand,
We are aiming to make a system which shall not be forced into competing with the others where the contenders can fight only with massive developer resources and long development times as their weapons. Having said that, however, as I mentioned, it is true that, in some software areas, we need to be engaged in the power games. Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U,
All Iwata-san is saying is that they're using the controller to rise above the competition. He doesn't mention shit about the actual power of the system. In fact, he says that they're going to give everything they can into making Zelda U graphically impressive.

This article is a perfect example of bad journalism. Player1 is a good example of someone who only reads the title of the news he posts and doesn't check sources.

Edit: The GBAtemp text editor actually has the better greentext colours, foxi. Like this. More of an olive green, really.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"console iznt besterz?! NU BUY!" What a joke gamers have become.
those PEOPLE who act like that are not true gamers they are simply known as gfx whores :creep:

and when the ps4, nextbox whatever the fuck their called do finally come out i'm going to be laugning my guts out at all the gfx whores when they realize their precious gfx are not going to be any different than they are now :P

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I really hate the fake rumors like this that get everyone worked up.
We all know that the Wii U is likely not going to be as powerful as the Nextbox and PS4, but it still will have A LOT of power.
The only bad thing this means is that there will be slightly watered down ports, but graphics wont be a big difference between the 3 consoles, try look heavily at difference from a PC game and 360/PS3 game, not much eh?
Oh and i rather not have ports, If i wanted those games I would just get another console for that.

D

Deleted User

I like how people don't understand that even the next gen of gaming consoles are still worst than pcs from 2 years ago.

Graphics don't make a game good, they only enhance the eye candy.

Reactions: 3 people

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I will NEVER buy a console or PC because of the graphics it can produce.
I bought my PC because it has a LOT of RAM and runs stable for my music creation.
I buy games consoles PURELY for games,games and more games.

I will likely buy a WiiU after a year on market purely because a lot of great games will be out on it. And they will be cheap, top quality, FUN.

If I wanted to waste my money and have my gaming experience controlled from purchase to resale I will buy from Sony or Microsoft.

Never do graphics come into it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will NEVER buy a console or PC because of the graphics it can produce.
I bought my PC because it has a LOT of RAM and runs stable for my music creation.
I buy games consoles PURELY for games,games and more games.

I will likely buy a WiiU after a year on market purely because a lot of great games will be out on it. And they will be cheap, top quality, FUN.

If I wanted to waste my money and have my gaming experience controlled from purchase to resale I will buy from Sony or Microsoft.

Never do graphics come into it.

How exactly do Sony or Microsoft "control" you from purchase to resale?

I also buy consoles for great games, which is why I bought a Xbox 360.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theyre going to be too busy porting PS3 and XBox 360 games...

This is the most logical problem I fear the WiiU is going to have. Why would I want to buy a system for games I can already get on my PS3 and Xbox 360? Don't be fooled. Nintendo is playing catch up with the WiiU. I doubt devs will bother adding new and meaningful content to the ports to make buying them again or buying them for the wiiu instead to be worth it. Next Gen I'm only buy one console, Unless Nintendo does something big to surprise me, it will not be the WiiU

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is the most logical problem I fear the WiiU is going to have. Why would I want to buy a system for games I can already get on my PS3 and Xbox 360? Don't be fooled. Nintendo is playing catch up with the WiiU. I doubt devs will bother adding new and meaningful content to the ports to make buying them again or buying them for the wiiu instead to be worth it. Next Gen I'm only buy one console, Unless Nintendo does something big to surprise me, it will not be the WiiU
Pokemon HD.

*An army of Poken00bs storms my room waving their wallets* "WHERE?!?!"

*sigh* >>;

*later that night, watching the news*

"The sales of WiiU exceeded the original sales expectations of a zillion-kajizillion-bazzilion units on day 1 due to the release of Pokemon HD, Zelda HD and Mario HD. All those are yet *another* installments of the exact same games they always were and always will be. Iwata had this to say:"

"We're cool. Oh, Metroid fans? Suck it."

"This was The News From The World, Good Night."

Reactions: 2 people

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Pokemon HD.

*An army of Poken00bs storms my room waving their wallets* "WHERE?!?!"

*sigh* >>;

*later that night, watching the news*

"The sales of WiiU exceeded the original sales expectations of a zillion-kajizillion-bazzilion units on day 1 due to the release of Pokemon HD, Zelda HD and Mario HD. All those are yet *another* installments of the exact same games they always were and always will be. Iwata had this to say:"

"We're cool. Oh, Metroid fans? Suck it."

"This was The News From The World, Good Night."
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what... :unsure:

Anyway, the Wii U will definitely have some third party exclusive titles. Most of the 'ports' will probably also make use of the screen for certain functions such as maps, items etc. just like how it's done on the 3DS. The full online structure has yet to be revealed, so I say wait till E3 before starting further criticism.

Of course, if you diss that fat fuck controller, you can always use a wiimote or a classic controller which has dual analog sticks.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or what... :unsure:
By no means. I like the WiiU's concept. I was just saying that it's a fail-proof boat that will sell the moment they release either of those titles and will become more popular then oxygen the day all three are released.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that if the PS4 was bundled with ethernal salvation and the NextBox was bundled with 100 virgins of your choice, Sony and Microsoft would reach about half the sales of the WiiU.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is Nintendo's trend to always be behind its competitors which are Sony and Microsoft but I still like how Nintendo values gameplay than graphics.So lesson:its not all about graphics.
Oh my goodness, another one.

Nintendo can't CPR their consoles with first party games till the end of time - they need proper third party support, and for that, they need Dev Bait. No better Dev Bait then good specs, homie.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is Nintendo's trend to always be behind its competitors which are Sony and Microsoft but I still like how Nintendo values gameplay than graphics.So lesson:its not all about graphics.

i think their trends is making consoles that sell via new ways to play

Skyzoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
try look heavily at difference from a PC game and 360/PS3 game, not much eh?
have you played an AAA title that's on both pc and console?
Yes and the difference isn't that big, maybe difference in textures and lighting but they aren't major.
in sonic generations it was

Or Batman Arkham City, Rage, Witcher 2 or GTA 4 with mods ... PC Games are graphically better than next gen console since ... one year after xbox360 release date (IMHO)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

i think their trends is making consoles that sell via new ways to play
Yeah, right. Like the SNES. Or the Gameboy. Or the N64. Or the Gamecube...

The only "innovative" things they released so-far were the sucky Power Glove and the WiiMote. That, and maybe the analog stick on the N64, but that was somewhat inevitable anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff