Hacking Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter

Wii_Manic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got A Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter and got it setup up (finally!) but we ended up having to manually add each exception to the routers firewall. The problem is this only applies to one pc (mine). If it could go via proxy it would work for all the PC's and could just use keywords e.g nintendo instead of adding connect.nintendo test.nintendo ect....

Thanks!

SoOoO in Short

Can the Nintendo Wifi USB adapter connect to the internet via a proxy server?

Wii_Manic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry Thought it was obvious! lol

Can the Nintendo Wifi USB adapter connect to the internet via a proxy server?

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately I do not know the answer to that, sorry :/
I used to have a wifi usb dongle but got rid of it as I had so many problems with it :|
just out of curious, why did you buy it if you have a router?
ohmy.gif

Wii_Manic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Router Is WPA-TKIP encription so it dosent work with DS games... Works with my DSi but not the games.... Figure that one out!
wacko.gif

And even if Ninty release an update allowing it, My bro and sis can use it...... For a small daily charge
evil.gif
tongue.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii_Manic said:
Router Is WPA-TKIP encription so it dosent work with DS games... Works with my DSi but not the games.... Figure that one out!
wacko.gif

And even if Ninty release an update allowing it, My bro and sis can use it...... For a small daily charge
evil.gif
tongue.gif
DS games are locked into a mode that only allows the same features the DS did allow - and that includes being limited to WEP encryption.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Fat D said:
Wii_Manic said:
wacko.gif

evil.gif
tongue.gif
DS games are locked into a mode that only allows the same features the DS did allow - and that includes being limited to WEP encryption.

That still doesn't make much sense to me, surely they could have the games just activate the wi-fi connection in the firmware and use the connection given? Unless of course the data has to be encrypted as well... I don't know much about the security protocols.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, from what I know, if the WiFi processor offered more features than the DS games are used to, there might be a malfunction. Also, WiFi chipsets do not usually offer large abstraction and often need a software driver that provides operating firmware to run. As those drivers would be hardcoded in the games (and those games are interfacing with the card on a low level, managing its operations fairly directly), it is the games that have trouble with WPA. Now, I could be wrong in the details, but I am pretty sure that is a limitation.
Also, Nintendo might want to keep the feature restricted to DSi-enhanced and DSi-only titles to prevent its use by homebrewers and flashcard users, as well as encourage licensed developers to adopt DSi enhancement which might in turn drive DSi migration.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting...I would have thought there would be a way to use the DSi's extra processing power to "fool" the game cart into thinking it was dealing with ordinary DS wi-fi. The whole business of WPA being restricted could surely be fixed by having something to do such a thing either in the firmware or once the DSi mode has been hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!