Mathematical!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I ask something really dumb? Here it goes: can cellphones, notebooks or other wi-fi capable devices detect Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector signal? Can them use it to access internet? How does it work? (Maybe it doesn't but can't hurt to ask! :P)

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Taken from Wikipedia:

Proprietary authentication

One criticism[by whom?] of the Wi-Fi USB Connector is that it uses a proprietary authentication mechanism. Because of this, the Wi-Fi USB Connector works only with approved devices, which at this time is limited to the DS and Wii consoles.[5] This behavior was an intentional design decision on the part of Nintendo, as it prevents outside parties from connecting to the Wi-Fi USB Connector with their computers and accessing the user's Internet connection or computer.
While the Wi-Fi USB Connector can be modified to circumvent this,[3] the modification is beyond the capability of most users and is naturally unsupported by Nintendo.

-----

However after skimping through another Google, I found this. http://www.digifail.com/text/wfchack.shtml
It is a tutorial to hacking your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connecter, I have not read or used it, but it was the first one to pop-up. (I Skimmed right through it).

If any problems or issues come you will know where to go.

Reactions: 1 person

Akotan

Mathematical!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm, time to buy a router then... I found that Nintendo USB Connector hacking when I searched before posting here. And I don't have the guts to try hacking it.
These router aren't so expensive so there's no need to ruin the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap