Nintendo Switch

jakeem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry for the random cutoffs. "Maybe" I should be using something more trustworthy than Windows Movie Maker 2.6.
Haha this is funny I did ask a dumb question but it was a good idea

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Haha this is funny I did ask a dumb question but it was a good idea
But it’s was a joke I Obviously know it won’t work why would I put it up here in the first place

jakeem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut him some slack... remember when you all started out as non techy?[/QUOTE

Cut him some slack... remember when you all started out as non techy?
Thanks. I don’t really care what other people think they act like just because I’m a newcomer and they are bigger that me they could just throw me aside but it was a good Idea. I’m using my brain and thinking of ways to exploit the switch not wasting time on someone else that might be finish in years.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks. I don’t really care what other people think they act like just because I’m a newcomer and they are bigger that me they could just throw me aside but it was a good Idea. I’m using my brain and thinking of ways to exploit the switch not wasting time on someone else that might be finish in years.
I was once a new person in the scene too. Never did anything like this. Your mistake was suggesting an idea without fully understanding what you were even talking about. What you should have done is just read and participated in other threads so you gain an understanding of how everything works before trying to give ideas.

D

Deleted User

here's the problem:

you didn't do research.

Your idea was that we could exploit the Switch by using Google Translate.

Problem A:
I don't think there is a way to run code through Google Translate. If I am wrong please prove it.
Problem B:
If there were a way to run code through Google Translate, wouldn't it have been patched out? Running code through Google Translate could allow for unauthorized access to certain things, which the Google team would have patched ASAP. No, the Nintendo Switch does not have an exception to this because this would be website wise, not console wise. (Personally I think this is the most confusing part). For example:
  1. Finds a method to run code on the "New Tab" page.
  2. Exploits Windows.
  3. Exploit goes public.
  4. Google fixes problem with "New Tab" page.
  5. Exploit no longer works using the "New Tab" page, but exists elsewhere and needs to be fixed by Microsoft.
The only exception is that you can host/run an exact replica of the new tab page on your own server. This replica must be from the exact same version of the "New Tab" page as the exploit was founded.
The reason it no longer works is because the source fixed it.
Another example:
  1. Ironhax is discovered/released
  2. Ironhax is used to run HBL
  3. Ironhax is patched
  4. HBL can still run with different exploits.
(if you have any questions feel free to ask)
Problem C:
You named the thread "Nintendo Switch". The most generic title for this kind of thing.
Problem D:
You are "using your brain and thinking of ways to exploit the switch not wasting time on someone else that might be finish in years." Let's divide this up:

Using your brain:
Fair enough. We all have these moments where we think that something could be exploited. But we don't go around asking others about it. We research and then we conclude that we could have a valid method, or we are just stupid.​
Thinking of ways to exploit the Switch:
This is a valid thing. Until you start assuming that Google Translate will work. Again, you need to research. Just because I thought that the Nintendo Zone app on the 3ds was exploitable doesn't mean it is something to share immediately.
Think of it like this: do you want your kid coming to you asking "If I put a fork in an outlet will it not do anything?". It is common sense to realize that running code through google translate doesn't work.​
Not wasting time on someone else that might finish in years:
Ok. This is where I am going to stop being nice.
The Switch came out 4 months ago. You want to be able to run your own code right now? Sorry, but have a little patience. If anything, Nintendo learned their lesson from their previous consoles, and made this one very tight in security. There are bright minds working on it. Those of the likes of Plutoo, Smealum, Nedwill, and the ReSwitched team (god I hate that name). If you expect to come up with something that breaks the system before them, you have another thing coming. Especially if you think google translate will run code.​

Last edited by ,
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol