Hardware Nintendo Switch Technical Specifications Discussion

What SoC do you think the Nintendo Switch will use? + Reasons in thread.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure nintendo knows about homebrew,knows about smea and yellows8,knows about luma and knows about all the exploits.

Otherwise the sudden updates that remove exploits would be purely coincidental,as for removing all the DSIware titles(what if someone is snitching on us,the homebrew community and getting paid for it?:ninja: meh i dont really think so...:wink:)

I think that theyll use something entirely different so that people dont use the same methods,i mean,it sounds like the thing they would do...:yayswitch::switch:

with all that said,merry tempmas! :yay:
Have you yet considered that it's not only plausible, but likely that someone at Nintendo just watches these forums?

Reactions: nmkd

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joke's on you, I'm the guy who codes all the Stability updates :^)
How could you sell out gbatemp?
Jokes aside, is it possible that there is an extra security chip that makes hacking much harder if not impossible? It could use a write-once chip (and another private nand to store all the 'criminal records') to store the programs and was placed at a higher priority and listening the whole time, creating errors just in case.
I just want you to ask her if she likes what she sees, or if she feels confident that she could possibly pull of a great looking game without difficulty.
Everyone is saying it's easy. On the other hand, I hope we are able to get some update from unity 5. But @TheDarkGreninja Please press her a bit more.

Last edited by Yil,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@TheDarkGreninja So what kind of gpu can handle that performance? Is there any indication of frame rate as in possibly 60 fps?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@TheDarkGreninja Also does 66% suggest 1080p downscaling to 720p due to limited screen? Or is it two separate modes?

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just want you to ask her if she likes what she sees, or if she feels confident that she could possibly pull of a great looking game without difficulty.
Right now she could definitely port the game but making it run well is a totally different question.
@Yil No indication of 60fps so 30fps might be the max on ue4, im not on master branch so i cant say 100% but it doesnt seem likely.
Yep, definitely downscaling the game.
Im pretty sure the rumoured gpu could pull off the presets she found.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now she could definitely port the game but making it run well is a totally different question.
@Yil No indication of 60fps so 30fps might be the max on ue4, im not on master branch so i cant say 100% but it doesnt seem likely.
Yep, definitely downscaling the game.
Im pretty sure the rumoured gpu could pull off the presets she found.
So internal resolution is alway 1080p, and supersampling from 1080p to 720p is used to make handheld look really good?
I certainly hope 60fps is a possibility. 750 Ti can almost max out Everspace (I am a Beta backer by the way and Recommend it) on 1080p, 60 fps save for some lag, which is made with UE4.

Very interesting economical approach, totally agree with this guy http://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...s-actually-good-news-for-gaming/#1637c88d7b56
Indeed, we have fall into this trend that only graphic matters. It's money consuming and ruin lives, and Crytek has already pay the price.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So internal resolution is alway 1080p, and supersampling from 1080p to 720p is used to make handheld look really good?
I certainly hope 60fps is a possibility. 750 Ti can almost max out Everspace (I am a Beta backer by the way and Recommend it) on 1080p, 60 fps save for some lag, which is made with UE4.

Indeed, we have fall into this trend that only graphic matters. It's money consuming and ruin lives, and Crytek has already pay the price.

Right now 60fps seems pretty unlikely, are there any 60fps games on PS4 or XBONE? The presets for those consoles arent that much higher compared to switch, although there are some definite differences in terms of anti-aliasing and lighting, ill bring the presets up just to confirm my thinking.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I really wish people would stop having this false hope with the switch. Things aren't just magically going to be different. It's going to have the same shit online features Nintendo have had for the past decade. It will have the same shit console interface they have had for the past decade. It will have shit finding friend features that Nintendo has had for the last decade.

Things don't just magically change from a dog's turd to a flying unicorn. Nintendo's online and console OS on the gcn started shit. The wii and the wii u continued to embrace the turd and guess what, the switch will evolve that shit into something else. Sure it will be different, but that's like saying a dog's turd is better than a cats turd.

People have this attitude that "oh next time Nintendo will absolutely smash it" with whatever feature is currently terrible. And what always happens??? The next time it is still shit and people start the "oh next time Nintendo will absolutely smash it" hope again.

No matter what wet dreams you are having about the switch and it's amazing online infrastructure with its world beating OS and fantastic hardware, it will inevitably be destroyed by reality.

Right now is probably the ultimate time for the Switch. Because it can be whatever it is you want it to be, without having to face reality and realise that it is not anywhere close to being what you expected it to be. No matter how low your expectations were.

Last edited by laudern,
Reactions: DrkBeam

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No need to be a Debbie Downer. In the past decade Nintendo has had only three console lines with an eShop. A dramatic overhaul like what is expected cannot be done mid-generation as it has the potential to cause a lot of issues and run into technical or licensing difficulties.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No need to be a Debbie Downer. In the past decade Nintendo has had only three console lines with an eShop. A dramatic overhaul like what is expected cannot be done mid-generation as it has the potential to cause a lot of issues and run into technical or licensing difficulties.

So the next time Nintendo has the chance to change the eshop it will be great? Hummm that sounds like that familiar Nintendo hope.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really wish people would stop having this false hope with the switch. Things aren't just magically going to be different. It's going to have the same shit online features Nintendo have had for the past decade. It will have the same shit console interface they have had for the past decade. It will have shit finding friend features that Nintendo has had for the last decade.

Things don't just magically change from a dog's turd to a flying unicorn. Nintendo's online and console OS on the gcn started shit. The wii and the wii u continued to embrace the turd and guess what, the switch will evolve that shit into something else. Sure it will be different, but that's like saying a dog's turd is better than a cats turd.

People have this attitude that "oh next time Nintendo will absolutely smash it" with whatever feature is currently terrible. And what always happens??? The next time it is still shit and people start the "oh next time Nintendo will absolutely smash it" hope again.

No matter what wet dreams you are having about the switch and it's amazing online infrastructure with its world beating OS and fantastic hardware, it will inevitably be destroyed by reality.

Right now is probably the ultimate time for the Switch. Because it can be whatever it is you want it to be, without having to face reality and realise that it is not anywhere close to being what you expected it to be. No matter how low your expectations were.
1) Nvidia was involved. And they want to screw over AMD. Enough said.
2) @TheDarkGreninja already confirmed the switch's power at least close to Xbox One when docked. Game engines don't lie.
3) I don't even care about online service that much. Wii u eshop just need better speed (which will be resolved next gen with ease) and auto-update which come as PSN/ Xbox Live requires paid subscription. So yeah, there is really nothing inferior about the eshop save for download speed.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except for the fact that there is no universal account system and every game you buy digitally belongs to that specific console, not the account. Yeah except for the download speed, the eshop is awesome.
You can call Nintendo to transfer, so that's starting to get better. Do you really think Nvidia will allow the switch to fail?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii