Nintendo Switch Support on next release of XLink Kai

kailogo_400x400.png

Been sitting on this news for a month or so, waiting for development to progress beyond a specific point. CrunchBite has confirmed things are 100% working now on the switch and they are just polishing off features for release! Here is the announce thread -

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45103&sid=05147e15d7d69f4f76075085306bfa09

This will mean a much more robust network for online gameplay for CFW and banned consoles. A full network like Xlink Kai is much preferred to a manual LAN patch, much more robust features.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do DNS settings (like 90DNS) also apply for LAN connections?
Or am I doomed if I plug in the LAN adapter in the first place?
I guess I would have to disconnect my router from the internet, connect my Switch via LAN to the router, put in 90DNS for the LAN connection (if that is possible) and reactivate the internet on the router?

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Been sitting on this news for a month or so, waiting for development to progress beyond a specific point. CrunchBite has confirmed things are 100% working now on the switch and they are just polishing off features for release! Here is the announce thread -

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45103&sid=05147e15d7d69f4f76075085306bfa09

This will mean a much more robust network for online gameplay for CFW and banned consoles. A full network like Xlink Kai is much preferred to a manual LAN patch, much more robust features.

Execellente! These are the kind of releases that are going to keep the scene thriving! Thanks for the low down bruh. :)

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone got a site that reflects which games on the switch / ps4 are able to play on this "lan " wise

i havent played anything lan wise yet but it would be amazing if we could actually join onto a server and play another ps4 user on 5.05 or a switch user on CFW :)

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eg_EE0xsBytSyWr7mtvD0MGUjCjyDJBXrHJ8ra8q8-8/edit#gid=0

^Here is a switch game list for currently working titles using LanPlay. However with xlink kai, it will likely change, and for the better. No list available yet, as the initial release is still pending. hold tight.

There is a PS4 game list for working titles using XBSLINK lan connection as well, but i'm currently too lazy to dig it out. Just throw out a google search, I'm sure it's near the top. Or check Modded Warefare's youtube channel. Believe he has a video with the link to the google docs spread for the list. Cheers.

Reactions: cvskid

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a start thanks! no idea what KIP is , ist hat needed with the new sx os thing / and or the release about to happen for the xlink kai?

thanks in advance - i havent been so excited to spend money on a console and games in decades! this is revolutionary to me!

Demon27248

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
thats a start thanks! no idea what KIP is , ist hat needed with the new sx os thing / and or the release about to happen for the xlink kai?

thanks in advance - i havent been so excited to spend money on a console and games in decades! this is revolutionary to me!

A KIP file is a Nintendo Switch sysmodule. Custom ones have been developed that can be used with custom firmware. One such example is ldn_mitm which reroutes local wireless game traffic to infrastructure LAN. I think Team Xecuter built their own solution for SX OS to do the same thing rather than using the aforementioned open-source kip file. Some games include native LAN support, and can be played online even on vanilla consoles.

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any sports games currently we can connect to a lan server and play ? Like nba2k19 or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the instructions on lan-play followed to a t. the lan-play server is executed its responding when the switch interacts just like it should,, im literally THERE and its "connected" i guess however im unsure how to test..

the xls lan play sheet i seee shows that splatoon and mario kart 8 have lan play built in? so does that mean when I goto multiplayer or whatever and it asks me to link a nintendo account that i should do that since my dns is set properly and itwont actually connect to nintendo server? I had to connec tto wifi on CFW beforew I could change these settings so im not happy about that but whatever it is a learning experience at this point - any input is greatly appreciated im really close and reallly really wanna play online with some folks!

currently trying mario kart 8 if theres a better game to test let me know which
also have splatoon and others i can try. thanks!

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i saw a tab on lan-play.com that says games and noticed it tells you how to get to LAN plan on these games where it wasnt showing - amazing how the little bit of instruction goes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far.. geez!

lol

i saw a user named john in the lobby tried to connect as if it was gonna work and then said communication error - go back and hes gone so im guess he left cuz there was no one like i did, i suppose there arent enough people on the servers for this to work yet - and the ones that are on I am not sure what game they are playing .. yet anyways - would be nice if lan plays site said that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyone else getting an error message with the LAN-PLAY settings configured when starting up diablo?

it gives me some error of 2155-8007 just started happening after setting this up and or changing wifi settings etc (and putting the thing online momentarily)

splatoon isnt finding any rooms in lan play, diablo finds no players, smash finds no one.. this is super annoying

nswuser007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got someone to play on Mario kart so it does work!

Amazing

Just need more people than one and one game. I’d love to know what the 40-50 people are on the server is reflecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrunchBite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.teamxlink.co.uk
XP
Country
Canada
well i saw a tab on lan-play.com that says games and noticed it tells you how to get to LAN plan on these games where it wasnt showing - amazing how the little bit of instruction goes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far.. geez!

lol

i saw a user named john in the lobby tried to connect as if it was gonna work and then said communication error - go back and hes gone so im guess he left cuz there was no one like i did, i suppose there arent enough people on the servers for this to work yet - and the ones that are on I am not sure what game they are playing .. yet anyways - would be nice if lan plays site said that

anyone else getting an error message with the LAN-PLAY settings configured when starting up diablo?

it gives me some error of 2155-8007 just started happening after setting this up and or changing wifi settings etc (and putting the thing online momentarily)

splatoon isnt finding any rooms in lan play, diablo finds no players, smash finds no one.. this is super annoying

This thread isnt about switch-lan-play...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol