Nintendo Switch Support on next release of XLink Kai

kailogo_400x400.png

Been sitting on this news for a month or so, waiting for development to progress beyond a specific point. CrunchBite has confirmed things are 100% working now on the switch and they are just polishing off features for release! Here is the announce thread -

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45103&sid=05147e15d7d69f4f76075085306bfa09

This will mean a much more robust network for online gameplay for CFW and banned consoles. A full network like Xlink Kai is much preferred to a manual LAN patch, much more robust features.

TamarindoJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just wondering, but... I remember the days when Splatoon 2 ninty servers got full of hacks and that was the final word to made me decide about hacking my switch since only online feature i did care was playing Splatoon 2.
People will not use hacks on a "private server" tunneling (or wathever they call it)?
Cause that pretty much ends the fun on playing online.

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, it's exactly the same as Switch Lan Play - tunel of your local network outside.
Only games that support LAN mode will work.

Deleted member 383026

Tester for PojavLauncher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why I haven't bought a Switch yet is because of paying for online service. Been using 3ds for years cause it's free. Looks like I gotta save up and find a older model of Switch for hacking. Unless there is a new method of hacking the newer models i don't know about.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XlinkKai on the xbox and xbox360 was great tho because there was an integrated client in the most popular custom dashboards, it was pretty well integrated and easy to use, all that through the console itself, hopefully the Switch will get such a thing in the future too...
Yeah but it only came after Jtag\RGH on it...

Before I couldnt even play 90% of the times with a local friend less than 2KM from me because of stupid M$ Lan ping limit lol :whip: (I even wonder if Nintendo have done the same, but since its mostly wireless I don't think they would go that far)...

Reactions: S3phi40T

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont own or care for switch apart from emulating its library but to see XLink Kai being mentioned is good news indeed.

XLink Kai is awesome I was always online with XBOX on FarCry.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, it's exactly the same as Switch Lan Play - tunel of your local network outside.
Only games that support LAN mode will work.
Not sure why anybody would expect differently? It doesn't allow you to intercept the Wireless signals sent between switches.

Reactions: medoli900

tigersaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
used it for my x360 on COD once. that's when i realised online multiplayer community is not for me and went single player only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free