Nintendo Switch serial number modifiable?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Zombiatic, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Zombiatic
    OP

Zombiatic Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2018
    United States
    Hey guys i'm a noob at the jailbreaking stuff regarding the Switch and i would love your help and please take it easy on me. So i heard you need a certain serial number to mod the Switch and mine starts with XAW70021 can this be modded using the SX Pro ? If not how long will it take and are there are any other mods even soft mods that i can use at the moment? Thanks^^

2. BillyJo

BillyJo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    Canada
    Zombiatic likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Taking things a step further, if you read the TL;DR section from the thread the user above posted, you will find that:

XAW70019X and above definitely patched

At this point, you can modify your Switch for it to be hackable. All you will need to do is replace the entire motherboard of the unhackable Switch with the serial number of a Switch that is hackable. I would recommend watching this video on how to properly take apart your Switch:

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Lol simply changing the serial number would not magically make it modifiable. The serial number is for information only. It just tells you what kind of motherboard it has.

"Is there any way I can change my chevy logo on my car to a Lamborghini logo so I can have a fast car?"

5. tommy64

tommy64 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    Italy
    save this console as it seems mod or no.
    XAJ40050993686

6. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Its in the maybe section