Joseph111

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutly not, this is why I asked you to use soldering

Have you taken any pictures of it close up. I know it's really annoying. I just wish Nintendo did what they did with the Switch Lite, making the SD card a separate module that you can easily replace. Do you have the tools already? If not, it may not be cost effective you see

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure its screwed to the chassis before you test. In my diagram, I let the screw do the grounding. Tin all points, use LOW TEMPS! No more than 300 degrees.

Use AWG40 enamelled. As short as possible.

Epoxy or Kapton tape to secure.

Might find it easier to mod the shield (chop around the SD card part of shield with scissors) so you can still get to the board.

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you taken any pictures of it close up. I know it's really annoying. I just wish Nintendo did what they did with the Switch Lite, making the SD card a separate module that you can easily replace. Do you have the tools already? If not, it may not be cost effective you see

I change my self the little sd card reader with a new bought on amazon, nothing change
We test with an original piece taken from a nintendo switch, nothing
I have any tool with me for solduring
I don't have photos with me

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I change my self the little sd card reader with a new bought on amazon, nothing change
We test with an original piece taken from a nintendo switch, nothing
I have any tool with me for solduring
I don't have photos with me
post a pic of your board of the area in question.

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Wibbo80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there old post hope you are still here. Wont read sd card. When plugged in I get continuity between them all except orange and black. Would soldering a wire between these points fix the issue? Is the orange wire ground as when I tested it was not screwed to the tin.

Many thanks
15832677529277630921553827358228.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...