Hardware Nintendo switch screen uniformity

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be my imagination but my new switch seems to have a slight dark right corner. at this point i think its probably my ocd picking out faults but j/w what everyones views were on the screen uniformity?

I feel this is probably inherent within LCD tech but just wanted to ask.

took 2 pics of the screen just now at max brightness, tbh looks ok.

Last edited by aofelix,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be my imagination but my new switch seems to have a slight dark right corner. at this point i think its probably my ocd picking out faults but j/w what everyones views were on the screen uniformity?

I feel this is probably inherent within LCD tech but just wanted to ask.

took 2 pics of the screen just now at max brightness, tbh looks ok.
Post pics

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it cant either be one of two things.... you may be looking at the screen gap which means there is a small gap between the screen and the actually LCD.... this is fine.... the other thing could be that there is a problem with the LCD.... i would really need to see the pics to be sure...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try turning the Switch's screen brightness up and down in the settings to see if its really there or just in your head, I'm sure that would help make it more clear.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Post pics

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll be completely honest guys, after seeing the pics and looking at it on the "screen brightness page".. i feel it was somewhat in my head. When the dark/black battery indicator is on the right side, i think it gave the impression of being more dark than what it was.

Attachments

• IMG_9481.jpg
    IMG_9481.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 821
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 754

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll be completely honest guys, after seeing the pics and looking at it on the "screen brightness page".. i feel it was somewhat in my head. When the dark/black battery indicator is on the right side, i think it gave the impression of being more dark than what it was.
Its all in your head

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yea... doesnt seem to be a problem with the lcd which is good but is really in your head

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have been checking my screen a bit more today, replaced the screen protector as i thought it could also be grease on the screen.

Anyway, if I look at the scren from the side (like say a 10 degree angle, I can see dark patches/lines forming on the edge from the right side but not the left. does everyone have this..?

D

Deleted-355425

If you have ocd then im sorry to point out that the right hand side of the screen starts to lift a little over time too, think its the tape they used on the right hand side to keep the screen down being bad quality. Pisses me off a bit after i noticed it.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha i think its a combination of mild OCD and just being a bit weird over Nintendo devices. I did this with my 3DS but i normally dont give AF about other systems/devices.
My iphone looks destroyed.
Thats probably a slightly better picture of what I'm talking about.
The right corner is just not as bright as the left from what I can tell (please ignore the crap air bubble.. my fault for trying to replace the screen protector as I thought that might be the culprit.

Is this common on a lot/the majority of switches? I basically don't want to do a wild goose chase on replacing Switch after Switch and running into issues.

My first switch:
1. Had a scratch on the left border
2. Had a black blob on the right matte border
[both of those were packaged with the switch at the BOTTOM... I've read every unboxing the switch is meant to be at the top and therefore these could have been returns]

Advice MUCH appreciated as I have clocked a good 10-20 hours on Mario now lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 396

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Booked in for a replacement console. I think the latest pic I showed illustrates the issue a bit clearer than my previous posts.

D

Deleted-355425

nice, if you aint happy then keep going until you find one you are happy with... you paid good money for it.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nice, if you aint happy then keep going until you find one you are happy with... you paid good money for it.

Thanks man, tbh its just the screen thing is annoying AF. If get a switch and it has the same issue, i'll give up and just settle for it. I felt the scratches and black blob on the matte surface a bit annoying tho and probably unforgivable.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Saad_1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thanks man, tbh its just the screen thing is annoying AF. If get a switch and it has the same issue, i'll give up and just settle for it. I felt the scratches and black blob on the matte surface a bit annoying tho and probably unforgivable.

Hi there, tell me please did you exchange your Switch?
Is the new one the same?
Is it normal for Switch yo look like this?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs