Tutorial Nintendo Switch Save File Megatutorial

Should this be a sticky thread

• Total voters

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are there converters available for other games not just BOTW as the switch has many remakes from wii u like MK8 and CTTT and it would be nice to transfer those over

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! A silly question, i want to change the owner user from one zbotw savegame, can i do this with checkpoint? I mean, i need ti transfer my current savegame from one user to another
what you can do is backup whatever save you want to transfer on your account, then in checkpoint there are however many savegames for different users. pick the user you wanted to transfer to, and press restore. this will show you your backups, choose the one you just created.

Reactions: camilord

camilord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what you can do is backup whatever save you want to transfer on your account, then in checkpoint there are however many savegames for different users. pick the user you wanted to transfer to, and press restore. this will show you your backups, choose the one you just created.

Thanks for your answer, a final question, if i use this, can i get banned from Nintendo? Is not totally clear for me...

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer, a final question, if i use this, can i get banned from Nintendo? Is not totally clear for me...
well, as with any hacking, you shouldn't do it if you want to avoid a ban. That being said, there have not been any bans for save editing. Maybe if you gave yourself max gear in Splatoon 2 or something, that could trigger a ban. But no one's really sure what nintendo bans for this time.

Reactions: camilord

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, as with any hacking, you shouldn't do it if you want to avoid a ban. That being said, there have not been any bans for save editing. Maybe if you gave yourself max gear in Splatoon 2 or something, that could trigger a ban. But no one's really sure what nintendo bans for this time.

Is it possible to do save transfer with Airplane enabled (disable all wireless setting), so after that, return to normal firmware?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have mario kart 8 deluxe save file 100 percent all characters mines got deleted
does anyone have mario kart 8 deluxe save file 100 percent all characters mines got deleted

Sure, I have this save that I found, but it isn't mine because I downloaded from other to test if save works, so they did.

Just replace the userdata.dat file by overwrite, so you are good to go.

Attachments

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 100% Save.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 631

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I convert the Zelda 100% to the non DLC version? For the life of me I can't find a 1.5 normal no DLC 100%, I had it on my launch switch that got warranty fixed and I want to purchase the DLC with my (ell somewhat) save file or similar. I had all shrines, all gear (not all upgraded) like 300 korok seeds, Zelda's horse, the Big horse, all dungeons and ganon defeated, almost all side quests done.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I convert the Zelda 100% to the non DLC version? For the life of me I can't find a 1.5 normal no DLC 100%, I had it on my launch switch that got warranty fixed and I want to purchase the DLC with my (ell somewhat) save file or similar. I had all shrines, all gear (not all upgraded) like 300 korok seeds, Zelda's horse, the Big horse, all dungeons and ganon defeated, almost all side quests done.

Zelda save above did load fine without DLC but DLC stuffs will be inaccessible or hidden.

Reactions: yadspi

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...I recall some guy saying it wasn't compatible and I never even tried, thanks, I'll check it now

I noticed that you got your Switch repaired under warranty so I hopefully your Switch isn't hardware revision by surprise to make unhackable.

That why I have to backup all saves first before sent to repair that may get data wiped out, however I will consider third party repair to keep original Switch, not refurbished with hardware revision.

Sometime, Zelda 1.5 save did cause glitch (stuck) on lower game version so had to use fast travel to get out of stuck.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save require DLC to be installed or won't load at all.

Last edited by JeepX87,

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that you got your Switch repaired under warranty so I hopefully your Switch isn't hardware revision by surprise to make unhackable.

That why I have to backup all saves first before sent to repair that may get data wiped out, however I will consider third party repair to keep original Switch, not refurbished with hardware revision.

Sometime, Zelda 1.5 save did cause glitch (stuck) on lower game version so had to use fast travel to get out of stuck.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save require DLC to be installed or won't load at all.
It happen before any homebrew so I couldn't do anything. Reporting...it worked! I'll have to edit all those 999 items sown a bit but everything's alright...I hope when purchasing the DLC it let me start from the beginning? I dunno how the DLC works

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happen before any homebrew so I couldn't do anything. Reporting...it worked! I'll have to edit all those 999 items sown a bit but everything's alright...I hope when purchasing the DLC it let me start from the beginning? I dunno how the DLC works

If you install DLC so DLC stuffs will be change to accessible and shown up in game, so no need to replace the save.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do one of you have splatoon 2 save file 100 percent or maybe arms 100 percent save file? Also ty for the links

You can try Splatoon 2 save file - http://savesforswitch.ezyro.com/?i=1

It is possible that latest game update encrypted the save and locked to specific account, however you can edit on save to get almost 100% as possible.

For Arms, it used to had one until one of Discord server got shut down, so lost everything, unfortunately. :(

wishbone1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try Splatoon 2 save file - http://savesforswitch.ezyro.com/?i=1

It is possible that latest game update encrypted the save and locked to specific account, however you can edit on save to get almost 100% as possible.

For Arms, it used to had one until one of Discord server got shut down, so lost everything, unfortunately. :(
ty for all your help your to cool and hopeful i can find a arms savefile soon, ill just post a thread tomorrow

Reactions: JeepX87
D

Deleted-188346

I have a new Switch arriving soon (just for SX OS purposes, offline only), and I'm wondering, does Checkpoint work on 5.1.0, or firmwares other than 5.0.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk