Nintendo Switch Save File Megatutorial

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Iam2smart, May 14, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

44.2%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. It is already a sticky thread

48.1%
  1. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Does anybody have a save for Radiation Island? I need one for after the tutorial because every time I try to skip the tutorial or collect the pineapple the game crashes.

2. cehteshami

cehteshami Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United States
    I put CFW on my 5.1.0 Switch and backed up my saves so that went well! I have questions about the save dumps provided. Do we just put them in a folder in the Switch/Checkpoint directory and then use checkpoint to "restore" them on our Switch? I was trying to do it with Sonic Mania 100% but I got an error when opening Sonic Mania with the new save file. I was able to restore my original save just fine, but any help would be appreciated.

Also is there a way to flag the Master Trials in BoTW as complete? I'm so sick of that part of the game, and just want to play around with the Master Sword.

3. KayShyGuy

KayShyGuy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2016
    United States

Last edited by KayShyGuy, Nov 21, 2018
  4. master551

master551 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    Australia
    kannst du mir hellfen das ich mir backups zien kann von der switch

5. iLL wiLL

iLL wiLL Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Does any one have a save file that has all the green coins for the messenger??I have 44 out of 45 coins and can't get the last one as they made it nearly impossible!!! Tried for hours and I just would like to get a nearly completed save if someone has one or even a finished one thanks.

6. Chrakatoa

Chrakatoa Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hungary
    Hello,

Is there any method to transfer my hacked switch save files to an OFW switch? I decided to backup my console to original because i want to play with multiplayer games ( super smash bro's) . I see the checkpoint, but if i use that i need to cfw my switch which cause ban. I have so many hours in my hacked switch games. I buy thats games if it will work and continue my save file.

Thanks for your help!

7. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you go on airplane mode as soon as you access CFW and only use it to use Checkpoint you shouldn't be banned

8. Chrakatoa

Chrakatoa Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hungary
    Okay, but therefore i need to hack my switch. I want to play online with the ofw and if i can , continue my saved games. I fear about if i turn off the airplane mode and play with my original smash bros the nintendo will ban me

9. thaminder

thaminder Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Australia
    Hey!

do you have a new discord URL for me?
    this one isnt working anymore - tried to find the new discord server - cant find the one with save games :P
    need also a zelda botw save without played dlc. lost mine by reseting the switch and now i dont want to play
    the whole story to play the dlc :P

thanks for your help :P

10. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    This Discord server got nuked but you can find Zelda save without DLC.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...complete-only-main-story.512696/#post-8362510

11. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    What I like about this OP: It doesnt tell you how to actually use those save files with your switch lol

12. thaminder

thaminder Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2014
    Australia
    not a big thing - just add checkpoint.nro to your sd card and launch it via homebrew launcher.

the only big thing are the title ids - you can search for it via internet or you just start a game, quit game, start checkpoint - create a new save file (backup) and you have the folder with the correct title id. now add the downloaded files to this folder and restore that backup via checkpoint.

you can find checkpoint at this forum:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/checkpoint-a-simple-and-fast-save-manager.485591/

Erol likes this.
  13. SweetUnicorn

SweetUnicorn Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Switzerland
    Is anyone known to have been banned by merely using CFW (offline that is) to modify savegames and then return back online without the CFW running ? (i.e. clean logs in hekate and regular boot)
    I'm tempted to go down this route since I lost an important savegame(Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate) but am somewhat cautious about being flagged since I do play online occasionally. I assume that Nintendo has no way of knowing whether a save was meddled with or not. I'm more concerned with them somehow finding out that one has run CFW on a particular system.

Last edited by SweetUnicorn, Dec 12, 2018
  14. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Hello, @comput3rus3r! Did you managed it to work? I can apply modded save on my Stardew valley via checkpoint but it not even show on my load game screen, any one have some hint?

15. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  16. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
  17. mophawka

mophawka Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2015
    United States
    anyone have a 100% save file for Hotel Transylvania 3? Thanks

18. William2011

William2011 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Norway
    Add Wizard of Legend, if possible.

19. mousan

mousan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Hi guys, I would like to know if it's possible to dump a save file ( zelda botw in my case) from my legit switch on 8.0.1 without hacking it in order to transfer the save game to my modded switch

20. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    I don't think it's possible to dump a save from a legit switch. Unless Nintendo has an official save dumping tool available.

mousan likes this.