Nintendo Switch official firmware version 13.0.0 available, adds Bluetooth audio support

TV4lThD.png

Put your stability jokes on hold, because it's time for a new Nintendo Switch firmware update, and it's one that offers some actual functionality, for once. Official firmware version 13.0.0 is here, and it brings with it support for Bluetooth audio devices, meaning you can now pair headphones, speakers, or earbuds with the Nintendo Switch system without the use of a third-party dongle. Of note, Nintendo specifies that Bluetooth microphones will not pair with the system, as they are not supported.

• Headphones, earbuds, speakers, and other audio devices that connect with Bluetooth can now be paired with Nintendo Switch family systems for audio output.
    • Bluetooth microphones are not supported.
    • Up to two compatible wireless controllers can be connected to the system while using Bluetooth audio.
    • Bluetooth audio cannot be used while local wireless communication is active.
    • For more information, see How to Pair and Manage Bluetooth Audio Devices.

There's more, as well. A new option allows users to update their Switch's dock, though it's a feature exclusive to the Nintendo Switch OLED dock, with its LAN port. Consoles connected to LAN can now also stay connected to the internet, even when in sleep mode. You can grab the update if you're interested in the new features, or stay on your current firmware and await the all-clear from your favorite CFW dev sources.

:arrow: Source

toniisound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still dream of the day that Nintendo will add achievements system, voice chat direct from the console, themes and Nintendo 64 games

proconsule54

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do people actually want a web browser or is it just another thing to complain about? Surely you have a phone
If it's a fully functional browser, then f*cking yes, sure I want it. Alone for the fact that it makes the need of native apps for Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and (in my case especially) Plex obsolet.
I used my Switch and the "Goldleaf way" of accessing the browser to watch all freakin' MCU movies from Ironman 1 to Endgame via Google Drive on my Switch. Was really nice. Now that I've got everything on my NAS and have a Plex setup, it's a real shame the stupid browser on the Switch doesn't work with Plex. But as I said, a fully fledged browser would satisfy many needs.
I wouldn't read the news on my Nintendo Switch though.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, I can't connect my BT headphone to the old Switch if I wanted to for the past 4 years? If yes, wtf is that kind of logic bullshit?

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
If it's a fully functional browser, then f*cking yes, sure I want it. Alone for the fact that it makes the need of native apps for Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and (in my case especially) Plex obsolet.
I used my Switch and the "Goldleaf way" of accessing the browser to watch all freakin' MCU movies from Ironman 1 to Endgame via Google Drive on my Switch. Was really nice. Now that I've got everything on my NAS and have a Plex setup, it's a real shame the stupid browser on the Switch doesn't work with Plex. But as I said, a fully fledged browser would satisfy many needs.
I wouldn't read the news on my Nintendo Switch though.

You can use switchbru on stock switches...

Soundcloudwidgets dont work tho

Deleted member 550701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wow what a good update. Now let's read all of the replies hating on Nintendo despite doing exactly what they asked for.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not really. Nintendo is charging for a online service that barely functions. Also, we’re paying for emulated games that have already been released? Oh, and don’t get me started on the “exclusive” items we can purchase every now and then that are overpriced. It’s ridiculous people actually support Nintendo with what they’ve been doing with the Switch. The launch was great, but recently it’s not been great. Look at New Horizons, $60 for a unfinished game? I thought the game was a Nintendo game, not a Ubisoft game… Nintendo is putting profit before EVERYTHING. Iirc, Sony and Microsoft aren’t even making profit on hardware. But then look at Nintendo, $70 for controllers that break after 6 months of use? Wtf… You there, calling someone complaining about stuff “cringe” is exactly what Nintendo like, ignorant fanboyism. All of their old fans are being swept under the carpet with the constant Wii U rereleases of games, most of us “Nintendo nerds” have already played those games, hell, you can play them with a Wii U for $40 less then the switch versions. Also, the eshop never having sales? No wonder why SXOS was so dominant with their piracy based approach towards hacking the switch, who the hell wants to spend $60 on a rereleased version of a cat mario game? At least with “remasters” things change but Nintendo is just selling the same product. Idk, ever since Iwata passed Nintendo has seemed to change what they call “Nintendo”. It used to be the brand that was different then the others, for the better and worse. But these days, they’re taking all of the worse and ignoring the better.

Tbf I might be wrong with some of this and if I am feel free to tell me, I just don’t like seeing people defend a company that hates its fans.
you sir are just proving his point by writing this essay

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Adding support for Bluetooth audio output is great, but not supporting Bluetooth headsets (with a mic) doesn’t address the issue - you’re still hooked up to a docked console if you want to do voice chat, which is just bizarre. I don’t understand why this wasn’t supported from day 1, but at least it’s baby steps in the right direction.

Reactions: boot3 and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1