Nintendo Switch Not Powering On Issue

Ali-Hctiwsdaed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I’m new to the community and seeking help with an issue on a Nintendo Switch.

I have read quite a few of the threads on the forum regarding similar issues but I’m chasing my tail here and can’t seem to get to the bottom of the problem.

The symptoms of the Switch are -

1. Plug in charger and it draws only 0.41amps.

2. The Switch will not power up or show any signs of life.

3. I have checked there is no shorts on any of the caps round the power management chip M92T39.

4. I have checked there is no shorts on any of the caps round P13USB chip.

5. I have checked the onboard fuse is not blown at the USB-C.

6. I have checked the majority of the caps on the board both sides and there is no shorts especially in the highlighted places from the threads I have read on here.

7. I have removed the P13USB chip off the board in case it was faulty but still won’t power up.

I am at a total loss as to what this fault could be other than an issue with the CPU maybe?

Any advice/help/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Did you also check that all different voltages are as expected?
There is a whole bunch of components besided the caps, M92 and P13 that can be broken.
If you purchased your Switch from eBay, also check for missing components.
Some sellers tried fixing their Switch and seem to be knocking off components in the process.
Also some eBay Switches are way beyond repair.
Static electricity can damage more that the P13 alone.

A trick I saw last week was to spray the board with isopropyl alcohol, turn on the power and see where the alcohol vaporizes.
Anything getting hotter than normal should vaporize the alcohol more quickly.

Reactions: Ali-Hctiwsdaed

Ali-Hctiwsdaed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you also check that all different voltages are as expected?
There is a whole bunch of components besided the caps, M92 and P13 that can be broken.
If you purchased your Switch from eBay, also check for missing components.
Some sellers tried fixing their Switch and seem to be knocking off components in the process.
Also some eBay Switches are way beyond repair.
Static electricity can damage more that the P13 alone.

A trick I saw last week was to spray the board with isopropyl alcohol, turn on the power and see where the alcohol vaporizes.
Anything getting hotter than normal should vaporize the alcohol more quickly.

Hi, thank you for that info. I like the idea of trying the isopropyl trick you mention, will give it a try.
Do you have a picture of where all the test points are for the voltages for me to check again incase I have the wrong points?

Thanks

Ali-Hctiwsdaed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh i dont know if it not this...
The switch was previously working fine before it was inserted into the docking cradle and then it failed to come up on the tv and then the screen went blank and it’s never powered up again.

Also if I follow the RCM instructions how to put it into RCM mode it doesn’t do it and show up on the pc as accessible. So still not really any further forward.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried forcing a restart of the console? My sister's Switch did the same thing, no jailbreaks and it didn't show signs of life in either of the docks in the house.

I looked online and found how to force the console to restart and the console started working again.

Ali-Hctiwsdaed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried forcing a restart of the console? My sister's Switch did the same thing, no jailbreaks and it didn't show signs of life in either of the docks in the house.

I looked online and found how to force the console to restart and the console started working again.
Will have a look and see how to force start the switch, never done that before. Any ideas how to force start it?

Ali-Hctiwsdaed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve tried leaving the power plugged in for hours and then pressing the on/off button for 45-50secs but nothing happens. The current drops from 0.41 to 0.37 and that’s all that happens.
Can anyone show me the points I need to check for the relevant voltages?

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try removing the Emmc and see if it's going to RCM by pressing vol+ and power. Your PC will detect it if it worked. Then you know if the Emmc is the culprit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays