Nintendo Switch games semi-confirmed for European physical release

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    GameStop Ireland has several listings for upcoming games that Switch gamers are surely waiting for.

These are the following:
    Games such as, Binding of Isaac and I Am Setsuna already received English releases. BoI in US and IAS an Asian/Japanese-English release (it has the CERO rating logo on it).

There are also other titles on their website too; Xenoverse 2, RiME (unavail to pre-order on GS.ie but avail on Amazon.es), Steep, Stardew Valley, Celeste, Has Been Heroes (meh), "Project Sonic 3D" and the usual ones already announced everywhere else.

Sega's rep have said on social media that the demand for a physical release of Sonic Mania is going very strong so we'll more than likely be getting it on physical media. Sonic Mania is one of the best Sonic games to be released in all these years, and I'd dare to say that it's the real Sonic 4. The official Sega/Sonic forums are going strong with the support too.

Xnoss likes this.

2. Xnoss

Xnoss Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    France
    My bed
    What a good news !

I receive my jap copy of I Am Setsuna yesterday, because there is no physical release in france/europe for now... But french is included in Japenese release. No logic.

Can't wait for FAST RMX !

3. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Master of cookies ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    That's why piracy is right
    I wouldn't buy a game that is a quarter of the console price, if it's not a game i really want to play
    i'm gonna buy zelda and xenoblade
    but heck not the others, they are the game i would never play if they werent free

4. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Isn't that ~$80 American? What the hell, have games always been that overpriced in Europe? And why for such tuppence titles like Shovel Knight and Fast RMX? That has to be a mistake.

5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Placeholder prices.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Ah, that makes more sense.

7. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Already got Binding of Isaac and the nice sticker it come with.
    I wanted the i am setsuna but importing it from Japan would make the game cost more then i wanna pay for it.

But nice that a little bit of demand will get the devs to release hard copies.

I never care for the digital games.

8. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Hoping that Snake Pass gets a physical release too, even if it would be a limited print.

9. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Sounds like a personal problem.

10. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    why even bother pirating if you think the game is not worth it? isnt it a waste of time and effort?

TotalInsanity4 and Alkéryn like this.
  11. Alkéryn

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Well there are some games i just don't know if they are worth it or not so i prefer not to buy them but i would give a try if they are free
    other games i know i would have fun playing them but not as much as playing zelda or xenoblade so if they cost 75$ i wont buy them
    the only games i would buy at that prices are masterpieces

On top of that it is more practical to have 20 to 50 games inside your console memory than to have 50 cardridge in your bag

owek1 likes this.
  12. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Those are just placeholder prices, meaning, they are just there for the time being and not the final ones.

Alkéryn likes this.
  13. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    This is good news hopefully rmx gets a usa hardcopy im not much for digital since all my saves are tied to the console anyways i wnt to atleast have the freedom to play it on another unit after the first one is smashed

14. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    Sonic mania may end up being a download, the PS4/Xbone/PC collectors editions only include a download code and I'd be surprised if they gave the switch a physical release.

15. Alkéryn

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Even over 30 is too much I would buy zelda for up to 60 but I wouldn't buy a game like mario bros or shovel night if they don't cost less than 25

16. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Im sure there will be those games sold under the nintendo select label right after you buy them at whatever the market price is...that what happened to alot of people with the wii u

Alkéryn likes this.
  17. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    That really doesn't mean anything nowadays. It's actually a miracle if publishers even include a digital game copy on Collector's Editions because it's either that or no game at all. That is, for CE/LE from other publishers than Nintendo.

18. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Here's a radical idea: don't play them!

If you don't think it's worth it to purchase them then you're not going to get much entertainment value out of playing them for free

Last edited by TotalInsanity4, Apr 3, 2017
    Alkéryn likes this.
  19. Alkéryn

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Well i wouldn't have bought shovel night but i enjoyed it a lot
    i didn't bought most of the game i played and enjoyed them
    I didn't bought both protal 1 and 2 and i tought i loved them so much that i bought them afterwards

20. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 12, 2009
    But there's no other edition of the game as far as I can tell (at least for those platforms).

Also, what CE/LE hasn't inlcuded any version of the game?

Personally, I find how much I paid for something can contribute to how much I enjoyed something depending on how I feel by the end of it.

I've seen some mediocre films over the years, but because they were part of a subscription, bargain bin, etc. I probably enjoyed them more than if I paid full wack.

Last edited by tech3475, Apr 3, 2017
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.