Hardware Nintendo Switch games error, faulty memory RAM

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Nintendo Switch games error, faulty memory RAM

2020_08_12_20_03_IMG_9280.JPG 2020_08_20_16_37_IMG_9540.jpg IMG_0083.jpg IMG_0084.jpg IMG_0085.jpg IMG_9719.JPG IMG_0086.jpg IMG_0087.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good job. I know how hard BGA soldering can be, you can't easily tell if there's are bridged pads underneath the chip, which could kill both the chip and the console. And those are quite a few pads which makes it all the harder.
I would never have guessed that it would be the RAM. How did you find out?
You probably only needed to replace one of the chips though, but I don't know how much they cost so if they are only a few bucks each it might be worth saving the trouble and just replacing all of them, rather than having to desolder the old one, solder the new one in, if it doesn't fix the problem, desolder the new one, solder the old one back in, and move to the next one etc. 4 times.

Reactions: FXDX

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Good job. I know how hard BGA soldering can be, you can't easily tell if there's are bridged pads underneath the chip, which could kill both the chip and the console. And those are quite a few pads which makes it all the harder.
I would never have guessed that it would be the RAM. How did you find out?
You probably only needed to replace one of the chips though, but I don't know how much they cost so if they are only a few bucks each it might be worth saving the trouble and just replacing all of them, rather than having to desolder the old one, solder the new one in, if it doesn't fix the problem, desolder the new one, solder the old one back in, and move to the next one etc. 4 times.

@Winnppl
@The Real Jdbye, Thx !!

Initially I thought it was from the Nand memory something was wrong, so i did a reball to the nand but the problem persisted. That's when I turned my attention to memory RAM. I found new RAM in HK at http://www.actelgame.com/en/. I bought two and they both cost me 50$. I replaced them with the old ones and solved the problem. The possibility of the problem being generated by the Tegra SoC was very small.

Attachments

• RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 463
Last edited by FXDX,

eddie_who

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FXDX Where can you get this wide tipped soldering iron you use for wicking the solder? Could not find it anywhere.
I saw it in a different thread though, where you do reballing of the SoC.

Last edited by eddie_who,

MisticSA

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hi friends, how was the experiment with replacing 4gb with 6gb or 8gb? On the second revision of Mariko?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY