Nintendo Switch firmware update 16.0.0 released, Atmosphere update coming soon

saddsad.png

A new update is available! Nintendo has just released a firmware update for the Switch, bringing it to version 16.0.0. The patch notes are pretty sparse, only offering a single specific change, which merely replaces unusable nicknames with "???". There's also some general system stability improvements, which unsurprisingly break support for CFW. SciresM has announced that a compatability update for Atmosphere will be worked on as soon as possible.

Ver. 16.0.0 (Released February 20, 2023)​

• User nicknames that cannot be used will be replaced with “???” which can be updated from the profile settings.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
i remember back in 2017 or 2018 when they did this. i had an amiibo with my mii saved on it, using the custom symbols keyboard. i was able to import the mii from the amiibo and have custom symbols on my name on my switch
i'm not sure what they changed here. because they already did something like this in the past

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why do people whine about themes? It most likely won't happen. If it would, it probably would have happened by now.
Probably because it's about the only significant change/improvement we can possibly expect from Nintendo. The bar's set so low that nobody even asks for improvements to the eShop any more, and that's an absolute mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol