1. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    It seems like won't be able to launch stock if you update.
    Atleast when I try to launch stock through hekate it just sends me back to the hekate menu.

Wonder if there is another way to launch stock without hekate.

2. s0litary

s0litary Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    If you don't use auto rcm, you can just launch stock by rebooting, no?

3. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, about that... could we move on from criticism and actually look for methods that help please?

You can still launch stock after the update, but you can't launch CFW. You also have to boot normally without trying through hekate.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Shalashaska98 likes this.
  4. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, well, I believe I have my master key. However, I believe my problem might just be in the boot partitions being corrupted. So if there is a way to restore those by using the firmware update package then I might have a chance of getting it back online. Sorry, forgot to put this bit into my last post.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  5. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    A dumped Master key is only needed for those not on the latest firmware, but want to keep playing newer games when building or converting xci and nsp game packages. I have no knowledge of the boot issue since I never update unitl cfw is supported and this is the 1st time Ive heard of something like this from just updating to a newer firm.

NovaXoXO likes this.
  6. Flora Cherry

Flora Cherry I'm unhappy

France
    u_u i got the joycon drift i press update by error

Max_P0 likes this.
  7. NovaXoXO

NovaXoXO Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Updated my firmware to 9.1.0.
    Emunand works fine as long as you dont update and keep it offline.

(if you dont have emunand, install it before updating & keep it on airplane mode )
    also, if you already have the update prompt, booting into your emunands recovery and shutting down will remove the prompt.

currently:
    sysnand OFW: 9.1.0 | emunand CFW: 9.0.1 E

i've also gone online with my official firmware while keeping emunand offfline and no issues at all
    -though i only use homebrew to back up my saves to my PC-

your experience may differ.

8. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The thing is I updated without burning fuses. If I would just boot up the switch without entering RCM/hekate first the fuses would be bruned.
    So I need a way to launch the sysnand with activating the nintendo bootloader which burns the fuses.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  9. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    So, can you confirm...... can we boot the latest stock firmware from Hekate/SX OS menu (any non official bootloader)? The thing is, I have no burnt fuses and I would like to keep it that way, so, using a official bootloader is no option for me.

10. MasterJ360

United States
    Aslong you have AutoRCM enabled it will prevent burnt fuses. You already burnt fuses if you updated the stock firmware from Nintendo.

11. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Nope, still no burnt fuses..... Im updating the official way and I never used AutoRCM, basically all you need to do is holding down the "volume +" key after the update is installed (before the console restarts). ofc, the jig needs to be inserted before this.

12. hallo23

hallo23 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    The fuses are burnt the moment after you restart the Switch and the offical Nintendo bootloader loads the sysNand.
    With this Method you can update your sysNand without bruning fuses: https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/

13. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    No need to keep messsing with enabling/disabling AutoRCM....... you only need to boot to stock from a 3rd party bootloader and not let the Switch restart without pressing the "volume +" key if you are updating the stock firmware the official way, thats all you need to do.

14. MasterJ360

United States
    Yeah AutoRCM is the best way to handle this b/c your switch wont boot to stock or cfw unless you inject a payload.
    Without AutoRCM enabled you can accidentally power on the switch and then your fucked b/c fuses are burned.

15. NovaXoXO

NovaXoXO Member
    Newcomer

United States
    for me Booting to stock OFW works without TegraRCM as it naturally does, with RCM once i'm in the bootloader i can access Emunand. I have not tried booting to OFW or CFW on sysnand through bootloader since it's made clear that 9.1.0 is currently a CFW killer .

-my emunand is on 9.0.1 cfw since I set it up prior to updating-

(idk about any technical aspects, i'm just reporting whats working on my end)

16. s0litary

s0litary Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Why do fuses still matter with an unpatched Switch? The exploit is on a hardware level anyways, and it doesn't matter what firmware your OFW is on.

Just trying to understand...

grcd likes this.
  17. grcd

grcd GBAtemp Regular

I suppose not burning the fuses gives you the versatility of being able to go back to previous firmware versions without problems on your SYSNAND? I think effectively you get to keep your options open about downgrading, which is always better than being permanently stuck in a higher firmware.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  18. MasterJ360

United States
    It matters to ppl who want to preserve the ability to coldboot in the future while older firmwares will have a better chance for that support.
    As grcd states switching to different firms gives you more control over your switch in case a newer firm may break certain homebrew apps or a custom theme stops working properly. You can simply go back to an older firm when it was compatible.

deSSy2724 likes this.
  19. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Simple answer..... why not? And because it can be done.

Having more options is always better than having only one option.... im just looking/waiting for a better coldboot method. I know that we have some coldboot and warmboot methods but in its current state its not something I want to use....

20. StealthRoaR

StealthRoaR Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    seems there is a Pre-release supporting 9.1.0 FW

see Atmosphère 0.10.0 github

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, firmware, released