1. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man.. I want a direct not an update..

2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well thats why its always important to not jump the gun and update. But your right we can't do anything until we get 9.1.0 support including someone dumping the keys
    so that we can convert 9.1.0 content to work on lower firmwares like 8.0.1 without needing to update our Switch or Emunand via NCSBuilder

3. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    By dumping keys which keys would we be talking about?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That is preferred yes. usually if you wait long enough there might be some exploit on the firmware and model that you're using. You might be wating a long time though, so just letting you know.

4. MasterJ360

United States
    9.1.0 keys infact it maybe already dumped in certain discord groups cant really link them bc of piracy

5. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You say 9.1.0 keys, but you do know that's not really being specific right?

6. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    24 or something. Just can't seem to learn a couple of the very hard high level spells that I did before but I won't give up. Starting to get some nice gear and high level spells for some nice destruction.

7. MasterJ360

United States
    What part of that needs to be specific? A firmware key is 1 file my guy. The latest key means it contains all new content.

8. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, we're talking master key, BIS keys, TSEC keys, and various other keys the Switch recognizes to boot and keys that are unique to each console. So yeah, specific is pretty important. Firmware key isn't really a term used here I don't believe unless you're talking about the master key, and it doesn't really contain all the new content. Most of that is in the update files, and I watched a stream by one of the devs working on Atmosphere and there's a helluva lot more than just one file that is "new content".

Update: It seems attempting to restore your Switch from a NAND backup creates a Failed to Load error, something about Package 2 not being read, master key revision 9.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  9. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

You updated, IIRC, you burnt efuses, that means you cannot restore and launch sysmmc unless you're using atmosphere on sysmmc, and that would mark your system as hacked and get you a ban.

10. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought that's what AutoRCM was for though.

cearp likes this.
  11. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Read somewhere that if you update via nintendo autorcm gets disabled and when you reboot you launch sysmmmc, hence burning efuses, that's why they suggest to use choixdoujour to update, it probably has changed since then, that's why i said "IIRC".

12. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That's a bit strange, especially since my fuse count is still the same even after trying to restore my NAND.

13. Borjitasstoi

Borjitasstoi GBAtemp Regular

thanks for advice i never update my consoles until majority says its stable or can t break your console

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  14. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  15. MasterJ360

United States
    Master key is obviously what I'm talking about since the topic/convo is about 9.1.0 content games dlc and updates. Here I'll even be more specific.. it's the key that can be used for piracy and isn't allowed to be shared here.

16. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I've come to realize that what's wrong is my boot partitions got corrupted. Unfortunately I don't have a way to fix this since I don't have a backup of those, and the 9.1.0 update isn't available for download anywhere, so I can't use ChoiDujour either. Looks like I just have to wait some more.

17. MasterJ360

United States
    Wait how did it get corrupted? All you did was update to 9.1.0 right?

18. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, but I'm guessing it got corrupted when I tried to do the restore. I've been looking around and I keep running into needing the update package to recreate the boot files needed to restore to my Switch, or at least that's the only solution I've seen so far. Also, I forgot to mention that for me it's always had "Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 12 - 0" listed in hekate. Is this something to worry about?

Update: Managed to take a picture of the error I get now. It's a fatal error saying "Failed to decrypt Package2 Header (master key revision 9).

19. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Messing up with your switch without backups is like having bareback with a hooker and expecting no STI

civickm likes this.
  20. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    So, is it safe to update my Sysnand to 9.1.0 and keep my emunand on 9.0.1? My sysnand is 100% clean and I use it for online with my legit games.......

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, firmware, released