Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.3 released

gkQj6UD.png

In the midst of the recent DMCA claims against Switch homebrew, Nintendo has also been busy working on a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. System software version 16.0.3 is available to download, bringing only the expected stability. SwitchBrew has created an entry for this new update, while SciresM is yet to confirm if this impacts Atmosphere CFW in any way.

[UPDATE] Atmosphere is indeed impacted by this firmware, do not update until further notice.

:arrow: Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"No. Stop assuming things."
Wow...funny, but a tad on the rude side.

I thought the sarcastic "That's great..." was pretty disrespectful towards the guy who was taking time away from pioneering the whole scene to have this conversation.

His response was pretty funny and showed self-respect, imo.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: Vorde and Dud

elcallejongamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
informative only

Update sysnand to version 16.0.3 later I extracted the update and when updating the emummc it gives me the following error
failed to apply emummc
failed to launch HOS

I have the most recent version of atmopshere 1.5.3

EDIT:

When starting the most recent fusee.bin of atmosphere from payloas directly, emunand starts correctly.

Last edited by elcallejongamer,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:

When starting the most recent fusee.bin of atmosphere from payloas directly, emunand starts correctly.
That's because they all use the same code base for emummc, and atmosphere was already updated. In fact, if you roll your own hekate, you must build emummc.kipm from Atmosphere's source, to go along with it. Not that it was the only thing required for hekate... new few lines of code needed for nogc and fs patch stuff. Latest hekate is already released anyway, so just grab that, and you're all good to go. sigpatches+Atmosphere+hekate. And I only just got home from work and found out about the new firmware. Talk about a fast turnaround time from the cfw devs!

EDIT: By the way... (hadn't read through this whole thread yet) did they even bother adding new keys?

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it worth poking the bear and see how it would react, just for the sake of playing a game two weeks early? I'll bet new keys are coming right up from Nintendo since Lockpick is DMCA'd. Well, let's see how it develops. I can understand Nintendo getting pissed off at emulator users playing their latest games, since it's even worse than regular piracy. The emu users didn't even bother to buy Nintendo hardware and hack it... not a single penny went to Nintendo. Of course, their own faults for using aged hardware that can be easily emulated by current PCs.
You assume emulator users don't have a Switch? You're wrong. Many emulator users dump their own games to run them on PC because Nintendo uses mediocre hardware that can barely maintain 30fps at 480p whereas a PC can run those same games at 4k 60fps.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You assume emulator users don't have a Switch? You're wrong. Many emulator users dump their own games to run them on PC because Nintendo uses mediocre hardware that can barely maintain 30fps at 480p whereas a PC can run those same games at 4k 60fps.
This. Some games are just painful to run on switch.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
People already backed up Lockpick to oblivion, and the underground scene always finds a way to thrive.

The only thing they did was simply create a nuance, if at all.
Keep throwing your fucking tantrum, Nintendo, but this is far from making a dent.:tpi:
:rofl2:
It’s not the distribution Nintendo is attempting to stop. It’s future support

Reactions: tabzer

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless you want to go online there's no reason to update

I am really confused reading this thread, but isn't it true that in order to play the new zelda game you need to update the firmware?

I'm going to hold off for now though and wait... don't like breaking a working system

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This. Some games are just painful to run on switch.
Then again, Ryujinx doesn't have perfect compatibility with every game, especially newer ones - I've had graphical issues trying to play Xenoblade 3 through Ryujinx, for example, and apparently Future Redeemed is practically unplayable according to the GitHub Issue thread.

So...some games are better off played on Switch, at least until compatibility's ironed out.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated everything just because I like to be I like things.
So far everything works as expected, will report back if any homebrew etc doesn't work properly

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It’s not the distribution Nintendo is attempting to stop. It’s future support
Same thing.
The only thing that will change is that it won't be centralised anymore, but there will still be forks and ways to dump the keys and keys to come.

Only difference is you won't find it on GitHub (unless by a different name that is, which there are many already)

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work