Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
as I said this blind confidence repeats itself time and time again. its kind of crazy to me that anybody assumes they actually know how the system works
I'll take empirical evidence based confidence over paranoia

Now you just sound like a TX representative using other numbers to inflate the actual situation. Just because TX had a million downloads doesn't mean that's how many they sold. In a similar vein, the number of downloads on the Atmosphere repo doesn't reflect every single unbanned user. Only a small fraction of users report bans. Many people just don't care to report them. And why would you file an issue about a ban on Atmosphere's repo? Its not necessarily Atmosphere's fault that you got banned; its Nintendo's. They also have not banned every single pirate. There are plenty of people who have pirated but are not banned if you checked the spreadhsheet for a single second. I also don't have to tell you if I think there is a guy who just handpicks who to ban or not. My job is to simply report on the data that I collect.
Atmosphere has at least hundreds of thousands of users, that is self evident to me. And even if it was "only" tens of thousands, my point still stands. If people got banned from using Atmopshere, we would know. It is not the case, simple as.
Anyways, this argument is going nowhere. Continue to peddle FUD if you want, I guess it's tolerated on this forum

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere has at least hundreds of thousands of users, that is self evident to me. And even if it was "only" tens of thousands, my point still stands. If people got banned from using Atmopshere, we would know. It is not the case, simple as.
Anyways, this argument is going nowhere. Continue to peddle FUD if you want, I guess it's tolerated on this forum
Its asinine to compare what users who potentially haven't said anything to the users who did contribute to the spreadsheet. You're arguing a theoretical versus an objective collection of information. This was well established years ago when the banning first began. Banning interest only fell off because of the creation of emuMMC which removed the need for users to go online with CFW. Anyways, this argument is going nowhere. Continue to peddle FUD if you want, I guess it's tolerated on this forum. I, on the other hand, will actually use hard-earned data to spread the same truth that I have been for several years instead of blindly following the words of others.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take empirical evidence based confidence over paranoia

there is zero evidence just guesses. believing in that "evidence" is like believing in a god. beyond logic

Reactions: binkinator
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Now you just sound like a TX representative using other numbers to inflate the actual situation. Just because TX had a million downloads doesn't mean that's how many they sold. In a similar vein, the number of downloads on the Atmosphere repo doesn't reflect every single unbanned user. Only a small fraction of users report bans. Many people just don't care to report them. And why would you file an issue about a ban on Atmosphere's repo? Its not necessarily Atmosphere's fault that you got banned; its Nintendo's. They also have not banned every single pirate. There are plenty of people who have pirated but are not banned if you checked the spreadhsheet for a single second. I also don't have to tell you if I think there is a guy who just handpicks who to ban or not. My job is to simply report on the data that I collect.
I just stumbled upon this argument so I don't know what's going on or why the number of sales TX had is relevant but I can confirm that TX had one million sales. I don't have the numbers for how many of those were SX Pro / Gear / SXOS codes / SX Cores. I also happen to know 50,000 SX Cores were produced if that is helpful (no idea how many actually sold before the arrests).

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled upon this argument so I don't know what's going on or why the number of sales TX had is relevant but I can confirm that TX had one million sales. I don't have the numbers for how many of those were SX Pro / Gear / SXOS codes / SX Cores. I also happen to know 50,000 SX Cores were produced if that is helpful (no idea how many actually sold before the arrests).
I was just using it as a metaphor that just because Atmosphere has over a million downloads doesn't mean it has over a million unbanned users. I wasn't trying to bash SX OS or anything like that.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I was just using it as a metaphor that just because Atmosphere has over a million downloads doesn't mean it has over a million unbanned users. I wasn't trying to bash SX OS or anything like that.
Ah. I thought the numbers were relevant since you brought them up. If for whatever reason it ever is useful to know they hit one million sales some time between July and September of 2020. I no longer have access to the chatlogs to determine exactly when it was.

Reactions: Draxzelex

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lying is a two way street. If you want to accuse one group of people of doing something they didn't, then I reserve the right to accuse people of not being banned for hiding the fact that they are banned. Its a baseless accusation.
But it's easy to proof you aren't banned, while it's harder to proof that you didn't do anything besides cfw to get banned.

Even with an investigation from a knowledgeable person it's not possible to 100% rule out the person is lying, but its possible to find mistakes with an honest person, if you investige a specific ban, and try to educate people better in the future with the knowledge from that.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its asinine to compare what users who potentially haven't said anything to the users who did contribute to the spreadsheet. You're arguing a theoretical versus an objective collection of information. This was well established years ago when the banning first began. Banning interest only fell off because of the creation of emuMMC which removed the need for users to go online with CFW. Anyways, this argument is going nowhere. Continue to peddle FUD if you want, I guess it's tolerated on this forum. I, on the other hand, will actually use hard-earned data to spread the same truth that I have been for several years instead of blindly following the words of others.
There where also improvements on the cfw side which reduced ban possibilities, like the fatal system module reimplementation.
In the early days error logs where one of the main sources of bans for cfw only people, but since atmosphere doesn't send them anymore, they can't be used for cfw detection anymore.
Sxos also never implemented many of atmospheres protections, but by now it only supports very old firmware versions, so going online with it it is not something you do. So that removes another cfw only ban source.
So instead of finding harder and harder to detect cfw only users, nintendo probably invests their resources in more useful ways, like piracy and cheat detection.

jigoku99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was interesting to read but i think that instead of being paranoic and saying that using cfw will always ban you, it's better to interpret that cfw bans you depending on what you do

I've been using cfw online for a couple of months and I'm still safe :D

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had a record of all the times I've seen this same comment for every console ever hacked. you could be "safe" for years if you are lucky and then just suddenly get banned the amount of time thats past truly means jack shit. it reminds me especially of when people thought their hacked 3ds was safe after years of not getting banned and then getting hit by a major ban wave.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was interesting to read but i think that instead of being paranoic and saying that using cfw will always ban you, it's better to interpret that cfw bans you depending on what you do

No one ever said that using CFW will always ban you. Anybody who says that is crazy.

James77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is if a lot of people are being banned by emulating games on switch, would the same happen if it were on Android being run by the switch?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is if a lot of people are being banned by emulating games on switch, would the same happen if it were on Android being run by the switch?
When you say people are being banned for emulating games on the Switch, I'm going to assume you mean emulating games through the Switch's native operating system which is Horizon. Put simply, bans occur whenever hacks are used while the console is running Horizon, i.e. while using CFW and/or homebrew. Android on the other hand is its own operating system and is run outside of Horizon. Therefore using Android means it is impossible to be banned.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got banned by the big N after I attempted to change the appearance of TriPlayer and having to reboot after an error. Truly a great time to be alive.
Can you still fill out the form in the first post?
Can you be banned just by using translation and/or themes on sysnand?
Any usage of CFW and/or homebrew can lead to a ban.

Reactions: JeepX87

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hast there been any reports of trade cheating in pokemon (trade a pokemon over to a hacked unit pkhex or using cheats,trade back to the unhacked unit) banning consoles and jot just in game (personally i feel thats a little harder to enforce cause you can always delete your save data and use litigation to unban)

gd-zero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
regarding to use a emuMMC created by a clean NAND to play online... what are the odds to get banned these days? I would like to follow the post ("Multiple emuMMC setup, including restoring a clean NAND for online use", sorry i can't post urls yet)
to use pegascape on sysnand and 2 emucmm one with my game backups and incognito and the other one with "clean" nand to play cartridges and load eshop... what is the state of the art at this time :lol:

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regarding to use a emuMMC created by a clean NAND to play online... what are the odds to get banned these days? I would like to follow the post ("Multiple emuMMC setup, including restoring a clean NAND for online use", sorry i can't post urls yet)
to use pegascape on sysnand and 2 emucmm one with my game backups and incognito and the other one with "clean" nand to play cartridges and load eshop... what is the state of the art at this time :lol:
The golden rule of bans is that you risk getting banned after going online with CFW/homebrew. Therefore, as long as you do not do that, you should not get banned. However you accomplish that is left to the user.

Reactions: gd-zero

Nenoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y. Arcropolis for Smash Mods, Syscon, Mission Control, Awoo installer, Tinfoil Installer, NX Themes Installer, Retroarch, DayBreak, Checkpoint. Goldbricks makes atmosphere crash
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Not currently. before
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments:

having that info, i was wondering if i would be able to download Splatoon 2 on Sysnand and then go back to Atmosphere and play it online there? i don't just play on Sysnand because my joy cons drift and i can only use Mission Control on Atmosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :hrth::toot::grog::toot::hrth: +1