Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

FortalezaG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still not banned. Have really been enjoying Pokemon Shield online! It would tentatively seem that having CFW files on your SD card, having NoGC patch enabled when booting to stock, and booting stock thru Hekate (to prevent fuse burning) are not currently triggering bans.
Is Your Pokémon game legit?

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, actually I never use online, except for updating my switch, so I guess I will disable airplane mode and let internet on it.
Is using online (but not cheating) in nsp game (downloaded, not legally purchased) trigerring an instant ban?
I would like use online in pokémon. I used online in all my pirated cia games on 3DS and never been banned.

Is there anything to reduce the risk, like inconito (no idea what is this) or other ways?

Thanks

Last edited by Asia81,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, actually I never use online, except for updating my switch, so I guess I will disable airplane mode and let internet on it.
Is using online (but not cheating) in nsp game (downloaded, not legally purchased) trigerring an instant ban?
I would like use online in pokémon. I used online in all my pirated cia games on 3DS and never been banned.

Is there anything to reduce the risk, like inconito (no idea what is this) or other ways?

Thanks
Insta-ban is a myth but you will be flagged and the ban risk is relatively high with .NSP files. The only way to reduce the risk is by using the GDPR domain to reduce some of the telemetry. Incognito does not prevent bans, it delays them because it mimics a self-imposed ban (a self-imposed ban that can turn into a real ban if you lose your PRODINFO backup).

Reactions: Asia81

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean?
Reducing risk means you are still risking a ban when using a certain method. Using Airplane Mode, Incognito, or 90DNS does not affect the chances of invoking a ban which is why I took it off of the questionnaire; because it doesn't matter whether you use it or not since you will have to disable whatever you're using to check if you're banned which predisposes you to the same risk without whatever you were using. Only measures that can reduce telemetry will statistically lower your chances of getting banned such as blocking the GDPR domain. Using other items such as creport can help but that involves using CFW which presents a ban risk in of itself.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understood that, I meant what do you mean about "blocking the gpdr domain", I don't get it
Unfortunately, it seems as if the original GBATemp thread explaining what this means has been removed (likely due to OP requesting his account to be terminate), there is a Reddit version you can read up on.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything related to trading between a non banned and a banned cfw switch? i don't mod pokemon directly(as in pkhexing) just use tms/trs to make them learn legit moves and trading them back

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the legit switch is not hacked either

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got console banned after getting used to using the eshop… I think it takes awhile for them to find you. I used to be cautious and never use eshop and put it in airplane mode but after I found out I could go on eshop and even download demos, I left Fire Emblem playing with airplane mode on and finally got a console ban... I don't know what they saw to ban me (Can Nintendo access your Switch remotely along with all the games you're playing etc...)? Maybe it's a matter of time and manpower.

D

Deleted User

I just got console banned after getting used to using the eshop… I think it takes awhile for them to find you. I used to be cautious and never use eshop and put it in airplane mode but after I found out I could go on eshop and even download demos, I left Fire Emblem playing with airplane mode on and finally got a console ban... I don't know what they saw to ban me (Can Nintendo access your Switch remotely along with all the games you're playing etc...)? Maybe it's a matter of time and manpower.
Using eShop does not get you banned. If you install NSP/use XCI, you will get banned. You got banned for doing something stupid

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you fill out the form in the OP, we could figure out what they saw to ban you.

Can you transfer data from an old hacked and banned console to a new unhacked one, such as save data?
You should be able to.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to.
Thanks for the response, I did a bit more reading, and apparently it requires an online connection. but if its all stored in nintendo's cloud, like mine is, i should be able to just download it to the new switch. but now I need to find out if its fine between the time I get a new switch to stay unhacked and the time I decide to hack my current switch.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I still not banned with emunand and clean sysnand, also i never conect my emunand to internet, and i use a diferent sd for both

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello! I have a physical Pokemon Sword but recently got banned (unknown if it was a cause of me going online on cfw with the game itself or other games, since I lent it to a friend) does it ban the game as well even if it is physical, or is it safe to use on another unit? Thanks!

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I have a physical Pokemon Sword but recently got banned (unknown if it was a cause of me going online on cfw with the game itself or other games, since I lent it to a friend) does it ban the game as well even if it is physical, or is it safe to use on another unit? Thanks!
that esa because you went Online with CFW, even atmosphere. The game is only Banned if you share the cert of it or maybe if you use cheats but i am not sure

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
that esa because you went Online with CFW, even atmosphere. The game is only Banned if you share the cert of it or maybe if you use cheats but i am not sure

The reason I got banned is because of a different thing, actually, because I got online in a Just Dance 2020 feature without turning the wifi off. But what I use for Pokemon is a legit copy of the game in physical form, and an active online subscription IN a SysNAND.

So, I wouldn't want to risk using my game again in a new non-cfw console, so I want to know if they ban that too alongside the switch that was banned so that I will know if I should keep using it, or if there is a need for me to buy a new game for my new Nintendo Switch.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Completely safe. They would ban accounts if they were going to those levels of extremes.

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have restored my clean NAND backup, with an emuMMC setup, I have updated my sysMMC and checked that I can acces the eShop and go Online, what means that I haven't been banned in those 2 years using CFW (I've been always offline). I want to keep AutoRCM to avoid breaking the joy-con pins, and I'm using Kosmos, which is the best way to boot OFW for avoiding a ban? Just choose "Stock sysMMC" in Nyx and removing the SD card after the atmosphere bootscreen? Is there any way to remove the "CFW sysMMC" option in Nyx? I don't want to click it accidentally and risk a ban

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have restored my clean NAND backup, with an emuMMC setup, I have updated my sysMMC and checked that I can acces the eShop and go Online, what means that I haven't been banned in those 2 years using CFW (I've been always offline). I want to keep AutoRCM to avoid breaking the joy-con pins, and I'm using Kosmos, which is the best way to boot OFW for avoiding a ban? Just choose "Stock sysMMC" in Nyx and removing the SD card after the atmosphere bootscreen? Is there any way to remove the "CFW sysMMC" option in Nyx? I don't want to click it accidentally and risk a ban
Utilizing the Stock mode via Hekate is the best option. It is the one I personally use and I haven't been banned in the months that I have used it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1