Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are there new reports of people using a clean emuMMC for online play being banned? Is the only possibility for people with iPatched units to stay in 4.1.0 and play online

Techs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had confirmation of a temporary ban yesterday. I'm imagining this to be from when I made an emuMMC partition, changed my DNS back over to Nintendo then updated from 8.1.0 to 9.0.0 before Atmosphere released its 9.0.0 support (was an accident on the update). I then managed to get online to download the SNES app and connect my pokemon game online to pick up the mewtwo event. Couple days later going to browse the store I'm getting error code 2181-4017. Contacted Nintendo support and confirmed my switch is temporarily banned. I've asked for confirmation on when this will lift, but as of yet no response (I'm hoping for one today).

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? 20/09/19

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N (I get 2181-4017)
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Trimmed .XCI? N (Never used .XCI)
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y Atmosphere and HBG shop. Mostly FTP apps too
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y/N (unsure, not at my PC to check)
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N (unsure, not at my PC to check)
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) PAL/Eur
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
YNGXrNw

Additional Comments

Some additional info from Nintendo UK Support:
Thank you for your reply regarding this case.
I am sorry to inform you that we do not have any information on how long this temporary ban will take.
In this case, you should receive an email regarding all these details.

Seems that even if these are 'temporary' these bans may well turn out to be permanent.

Last edited by Techs,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I want to hack my Switch, and i've been looking at the possibilites.

I own a launch Switch, and i've always refrained from modifying it because of the ban risk. With the launch of the Mariko units, i've been thinking about buying a new unit, and hacking my old Switch, which would eliminate any ban risk, but I'd prefer to only own one.

My question is: If I hack my launch Switch, create an EmuMMC, keep it offline forever, and continue to play online on the SysNAND, would I be at risk?

In case I get banned: Would I be able to transfer my profile to a new (patched) Switch?

Thank you

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saw this today, don’t know where to post but i thought this is a good place.

Don’t know if it is true but if you live in the UK, look out because apparently sxos stealth mode doesn’t work there!

Last edited by kornjaca200,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one question, did you use LayeredFS at all? This includes custom themes, game mods, and any other type of file replacement.

I saw this today, don’t know where to post but i thought this is a good place.

Don’t know if it is true but if you live in the UK, look out because apparently sxos stealth mode doesn’t work there!
Well SX OS Stealth Mode doesn't really prevent bans in the first place. You are pretty much banned while you are using it and then if you take it off, you risk an actual ban.

Reactions: kornjaca200

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just one question, did you use LayeredFS at all? This includes custom themes, game mods, and any other type of file replacement.

Well SX OS Stealth Mode doesn't really prevent bans in the first place. You are pretty much banned while you are using it and then if you take it off, you risk an actual ban.

true, but I thought i post it here for people that use offline emunand with only sx stealth mode in the UK.

Markeyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, just a quick question as can not seem to find the answer to my question that matches my scenario.

I put sx os on my switch very early and didn't really care about getting banned or not. I did keep wireless turned off while using cfw at the time. But then one day I think I turned it on thinking I was on ofw and thought I got banned as was getting an error code on eshop.

It was about a year ago now so don't remember exactly and because I didn't care for online play I didn't look into it and just accepted I was banned.

This morning I decided to see what type of ban I had. My switch has not been online since the ban as there was no point. All updates etc I have done manually on pc.

So I connected to wireless while on sxos, stealth mode on, and it said I was connected. I tried the eshop and got error code 2811-1224, which is not a code I see mentioned on the opening thread (unless I am blind, apologies if so.)

I tried the pressing update in album for sxos and it says network error. And same for when I do a connection test. Everything is pointing towards a connection issue, which I know could still mean ban. But does a ban stop sxos updating or are they having issues as well?

Game update gives error 2137-8035 and so does system update.

So I am just curious, am I banned or do I have a separate network issue I need too look at. Chances are even if this is a symptom of a different issue, I am probs banned anyway lol.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just a quick question as can not seem to find the answer to my question that matches my scenario.

I put sx os on my switch very early and didn't really care about getting banned or not. I did keep wireless turned off while using cfw at the time. But then one day I think I turned it on thinking I was on ofw and thought I got banned as was getting an error code on eshop.

It was about a year ago now so don't remember exactly and because I didn't care for online play I didn't look into it and just accepted I was banned.

This morning I decided to see what type of ban I had. My switch has not been online since the ban as there was no point. All updates etc I have done manually on pc.

So I connected to wireless while on sxos, stealth mode on, and it said I was connected. I tried the eshop and got error code 2811-1224, which is not a code I see mentioned on the opening thread (unless I am blind, apologies if so.)

I tried the pressing update in album for sxos and it says network error. And same for when I do a connection test. Everything is pointing towards a connection issue, which I know could still mean ban. But does a ban stop sxos updating or are they having issues as well?

Game update gives error 2137-8035 and so does system update.

So I am just curious, am I banned or do I have a separate network issue I need too look at. Chances are even if this is a symptom of a different issue, I am probs banned anyway lol.
Both 2811-1224 and 2137-8035 indicate a network connection that timed out, not a ban error code.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If stealth mode is ON then it should be blocking connection to Nintendo servers, so yes you'd expect network errors instead. You need to turn off stealth mode to connect.

If you never turned off stealth mode since installing SXOS you are probably still unbanned. You would need to turn off stealth mode to check. Preferably you do this with a clean NAND that hasn't run CFW to avoid getting a ban on the spot.

Markeyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If stealth mode is ON then it should be blocking connection to Nintendo servers, so yes you'd expect network errors instead. You need to turn off stealth mode to connect.

If you never turned off stealth mode since installing SXOS you are probably still unbanned. You would need to turn off stealth mode to check. Preferably you do this with a clean NAND that hasn't run CFW to avoid getting a ban on the spot.

Thanks for both of your replies. I am not even sure there was a stealth mode when I first put sxos on lol. I will look into it further before doing anything.

I dont have a clean nand backup as I thought I was banned already so at some point deleted the original one I had and did a fresh backup. Don't ask me why, I had a good reason at the time but I don't remember lol.

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
Would it be useful to use Incognito on my permanently offline EmuMMC? Is it possible to use Incognito only on EmuMMMC?

Also, just to be perfectly clear, is my SysNAND untainted if I never booted to it from hekate, whether it is with CFW or stock?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
Would it be useful to use Incognito on my permanently offline EmuMMC? Is it possible to use Incognito only on EmuMMMC?

Also, just to be perfectly clear, is my SysNAND untainted if I never booted to it from hekate, whether it is with CFW or stock?

Thanks!
Yes you can use Incognito on emuMMC. Also booting Hekate does not taint sysMMC unless you are using a very old version that allows you to delete error reports (via nx-dreport).

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys... wanna ask you something...
before all, here's how I use my CFW:

- CFW only on emuMMC, totally offline.
- never used autoRCM
- When I want to use my purchased games to play online, I turn off my switch, remove my sd card and, then, turn it on the official way.
- When I want to play my backup games, i turn it off, short the pins and press power and volume + to get to RCM mode, then I put my sd card, inject hekate to boot Atmosphere emuMMC.

I noticed that when i'm on emummc and restart my switch, it restarts to hekate
hekate has the option to boot stock OFW

so... here's my question:
is it safe to boot stock OFW via hekate?
this way i would keep my switch without autoRCM and, also, without the need to short the pins to enter rcm mode everytime i want to switch between emuMMC and stock OFW
so, the only thing i would need is to restart my switch, as it restarts to hekate anyway!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys... wanna ask you something...
before all, here's how I use my CFW:

- CFW only on emuMMC, totally offline.
- never used autoRCM
- When I want to use my purchased games to play online, I turn off my switch, remove my sd card and, then, turn it on the official way.
- When I want to play my backup games, i turn it off, short the pins and press power and volume + to get to RCM mode, then I put my sd card, inject hekate to boot Atmosphere emuMMC.

I noticed that when i'm on emummc and restart my switch, it restarts to hekate
hekate has the option to boot stock OFW

so... here's my question:
is it safe to boot stock OFW via hekate?
this way i would keep my switch without autoRCM and, also, without the need to short the pins to enter rcm mode everytime i want to switch between emuMMC and stock OFW
so, the only thing i would need is to restart my switch, as it restarts to hekate anyway!
It is as safe as no one has been banned for using it yet but that has the potential to change in the future. You also do not need to remove the SD card if you are not using CFW as there is no evidence Nintendo scans the SD card.

Reactions: buhdiego

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is as safe as no one has been banned for using it yet but that has the potential to change in the future. You also do not need to remove the SD card if you are not using CFW as there is no evidence Nintendo scans the SD card.

Thanksss for the reply... Guess it's better not to risk it?

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've got the "temp" bans days ago. Cannot update games with error 2181-4017 and eshop error 2124-4517.
I wrote an email to Nintendo Europe support and they told me that the ban is permanent and I also asked them if it can be lifted by sending the console to "repair". They told me that it cannot be removed...

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the "temp" bans days ago. Cannot update games with error 2181-4017 and eshop error 2124-4517.
I wrote an email to Nintendo Europe support and they told me that the ban is permanent and I also asked them if it can be lifted by sending the console to "repair". They told me that it cannot be removed...
Nintendo updated the wording on some of those temporary ban error codes to permanent on their website so I think they're telling the truth. After all, Nintendo has never really done temporary bans before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"