Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, if you want to take any and all precautions against a ban, here's my thought process.
- emuMMC, obviously
- use incognito on emuMMC, more as a backup in case your switch connects to a network ever
- enable airplane mode, and set it to allow bluetooth and NFC (so it only blocks wifi)
- use 90DNS on your wifi connection, and only connect when absolutely necessary. Try to avoid connecting to wifi if you can, and set it to not autoconnect to that network
- if you want to go one step further, if Ninty ever decides to scan SD contents (which they likely won't), separate SD for your emuMMC stuff. Probably not necessary. Also helps me keep storage issues at bay anyway because my sysMMC stuff already almost fills the card.

With all of those in play, I can't really see any good way of Nintendo detecting your emuMMC shenanigans from the sysMMC that you want to keep online. A lot of is is probably not necessary, but if you are really intent on taking maximum precautions against getting a ban on your system, it's almost everything you could possibly do to protect yourself. At least unless we get a cfw module that would completely prevent network access on the switch, which would be nice for people with ethernet hooked up to their dock.

Bryan1150

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I accidentally connected to the internet while on Emummc (Damn you, LAN adaptor) with some nsp's installed (Including Astral Chain before release date) on August 26th, and to this day I haven't been banned, I can play online, access eshop and update the games and console, I was lucky and I didnt got banned or it is just that the ban wave hasnt ocurred?

Last edited by Bryan1150,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I accidentally connected to the internet while on Emummc (Damn you, LAN adaptor) with some nsp's installed (Including Astral Chain before release date) on August 26th, and to this day I haven't been banned, I can play online, access eshop and update the games and console, I was lucky and I didnt got banmed or it is just that the ban wave hasnt ocurred?
No saying for sure. Usually the ban doesn't happen immediately. Or maybe you just got lucky. Only time will tell.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think i got banned since I got 2124-4508 when trying to go online

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? No
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? 05/09/2019 [Day after Nintendo Direct
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? ???
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? ???
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? No
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N ???
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 8.1 [latest]
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? OFW
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N ???
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y
Console/Account Region(s)
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with?
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y

I think i answered this right?

I bought SX PRO when it came out June 2018.
I used XCI only, no NSP. or any other install. Did not use EmuNand.
Wifi off when using CFW, no online games at all.
I hacked XB2 for a few months until October. Then played my legitimate games.
Did Save Edit Smash around Feb?
Fast forward till this month:
used SXOS to load up Astro Chain on my NS [but Didn't play it] [Wifi Off].
Also used SXOS to save edit Kirby to have max apples.
Then restarted the system, OFW
Played Kirby a few times, including online
Came home today to find NS is banned with above error code.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? ???
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? ???

Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N ???
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 8.1 [latest]

Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes)

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N

I need you to specify your answers for these questions

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need you to specify your answers for these questions

Oh didn't realize i missed some

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? Yes
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? I don't think so. I system updated last week to 9.0 When pressing system update, it says I am on latest

Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N How to check this? I don't see this error code

Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y/N (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes) I only used SXOS. I used Checkpoint to save edit though.

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: No cleared error log

NA for both

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N How to check this? I don't see this error code
A certificate/header ban occurs when you try to play a cartridge online (or a .XCI file with a certificate injected). If you do not have either of those, then you don't need to worry about it. Also the question for Lowest SX Version used literally says NOT Switch System Firmware yet you keep posting it.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A certificate/header ban occurs when you try to play a cartridge online (or a .XCI file with a certificate injected). If you do not have either of those, then you don't need to worry about it. Also the question for Lowest SX Version used literally says NOT Switch System Firmware yet you keep posting it.

I know I got an error code when I tried to connect onljne with kirby.
I'll look up that error code later.
Though I only been online with legitimate own games.
I did not edit any XCI files or used any XCI files to go online

My mistake with SXOS, not in the sense you were thinking.
The last FW SXOS I used was 2.8 beta [latest released].
For some reason I been thinking number was in 8.1xxx range.
It been a while since I was hacking, so I derp when I forgot to check their site
I think I was using SXOS 2.5x range before September 5th?

I used SXOS when it first came out though if you are asking about the lowest SXOS.
I don't remember the number

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to go online with Kirby
Got that error

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
After doing the eject button mod (pins 7&10) accidentally pressed it while Switch was powered on (before installing CFW, or even entering RCM, haven't done that yet). Since these contacts are not generally intended to be shorted, what are my chances to be flagged/banned?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing the eject button mod (pins 7&10) accidentally pressed it while Switch was powered on (before installing CFW, or even entering RCM, haven't done that yet). Since these contacts are not generally intended to be shorted, what are my chances to be flagged/banned?
Basically none as there is no evidence Nintendo can detect certain pins being shorted.

Reactions: Elveman

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to fill out the form, can someone help me with a few questions?

What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N what does this mean? I used Atmosphere to load a modded data.arc when playing from a cartridge, but what is LayeredFS?

Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Y/N I loaded a modded data.arc with Atmosphere, is that LayeredFS?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to fill out the form, can someone help me with a few questions?

What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N what does this mean? I used Atmosphere to load a modded data.arc when playing from a cartridge, but what is LayeredFS?

Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? Y/N I loaded a modded data.arc with Atmosphere, is that LayeredFS?
LayeredFS is when you replace files of whatever you are loading (FS stands for File System so the full term is Layered File System). It is the more technical term for modding whether it involves installing a custom theme or game modding. For example, loading a custom color palette onto a character in Smash is when you use LayeredFS as you are replacing the normal color palette with a custom one via a file on your SD card.

cybercuate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is how I use my switch, will I get banned?:
- Online games: Originals only (I buy them to support de devs and I think the service is worth now)
- NSPs: single/local multiplayer only (like Link's awakening, arcade archives, legacy collections, astral chain, etc)
- Always on Atmosphere
- Always online (wifi), eshop for buying games, SNES gaming, youtube
- Updates through normal method (+ button and update)

I just CFWd my switch yesterday. You can tell me what should I change on those aspects to not get banned. Ty

Reactions: The_Green_Nerd

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're quite likely to get banned if you ever connect a system with .nsps installed on it at any time. Even homebrew/forwarder .nsps. Its strongly recommended to do a seperate emummc setup that remains off of Nintendo's servers if you want to use .nsps.

JustinIsHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell, if you want to take any and all precautions against a ban, here's my thought process.
- emuMMC, obviously
- use incognito on emuMMC, more as a backup in case your switch connects to a network ever
- enable airplane mode, and set it to allow bluetooth and NFC (so it only blocks wifi)
- use 90DNS on your wifi connection, and only connect when absolutely necessary. Try to avoid connecting to wifi if you can, and set it to not autoconnect to that network
- if you want to go one step further, if Ninty ever decides to scan SD contents (which they likely won't), separate SD for your emuMMC stuff. Probably not necessary. Also helps me keep storage issues at bay anyway because my sysMMC stuff already almost fills the card.

With all of those in play, I can't really see any good way of Nintendo detecting your emuMMC shenanigans from the sysMMC that you want to keep online. A lot of is is probably not necessary, but if you are really intent on taking maximum precautions against getting a ban on your system, it's almost everything you could possibly do to protect yourself. At least unless we get a cfw module that would completely prevent network access on the switch, which would be nice for people with ethernet hooked up to their dock.
Thank you. Set up emunand and so far so bans.

Last edited by JustinIsHere,

Dazzcooney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance as this is a paranoia post . My switch has had a temporary ban which I’ve been informed is probably a permanent ban. Anyway I’ve recently bought a switch lite for my wife she has a separate new account set up on it . But my question is we share the same WiFi can Nintendo ban her switch as well since I’m using my internet provider for illegal gains on my machine? Many thanks for any information on this

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apologies in advance as this is a paranoia post . My switch has had a temporary ban which I’ve been informed is probably a permanent ban. Anyway I’ve recently bought a switch lite for my wife she has a separate new account set up on it . But my question is we share the same WiFi can Nintendo ban her switch as well since I’m using my internet provider for illegal gains on my machine? Many thanks for any information on this

No, no need to worry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a