Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Y

Console/Account Region(s) EU
Trimmed .XCI? Y

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Any update on this? I have devmenu and installed games haven't been online with the games installed. I uninstall nsps before going online
eyh mate, yes new update : i deleted some more xcis because i downloaded them in NSP format and decided to install them through the devmenu!
went on ahead and did that, played alot of Golf Story (rly loving this game) but it had some weird bug/glitches whilst playing i saw some lines at times so i was like with an update this might get fixed!

i went on and powered off my switch and powered it back on too boot into OFW, updated few of the nsps, and before powering it off i tried eshop all works fine dandy ,no bans in sight still.

exited out and turned on airplane mode and rebooted into cfw.

Reactions: Deleted User

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Righto. Banned about a week ago after not playing for some time (everything was in flight mode) but docked my Switch which in part connected... "I think!"

Anyway rundown of what I did:

Ban? Y
SX used? Y
SX used while online? Y (Docked while in flight mode)
Played SX Backups online? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 5.1
Non-TX Layered FS Used? Y
Non-TX Layered FS Used while online? Y
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? Y
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? Y (but docked removing it)
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Y

Console/Account Region(s) EU
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Reactions: Draxzelex

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*cue bagpipes playing Amazing Grace*
So, second person to be banned for using their own backups. We can't even dump our games legally without Nintendo on our trail.

Also, can you really not access your purchases online? It's probably because there is no Nintendo of Australia (why not?) but you can navigate those info pages to see if there is a way to download new content to your now-banned Switch? Seems like a big oversight by Nintendo since other regions don't seem to have this issue.

Yeah this is a concern for me too. There is Nintendo of Australia, but they are pretty crap and probably too lazy to build a web based eshop. I guess I don't really need web eshop access. I created a new Nintendo account for my hacked Switch and already downloaded Pokemon Quest.

I wonder if I can change my region and then access via the web, haven't tried. Not banned yet (that I know of) :)

Edit: I was able to login on to the accounts website and change my region to US, now I can access web eshop! Then I went to eshop on my Switch (not banned yet!) and the prices were in USD. Guess I'm good to go for now then.

Last edited by chr0m,

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone here tried to update games via local (switch to switch)?

here's the scenario, one switch does not have SX-OS, all games are legit and up-to-date.
2nd switch uses backup, so instead of updating via online or nsp/devmenu, compare the version to other switch and locally update the games (backup).

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find the statistics for the lazy regarding people who just use Homebrew (like Checkpoint) and were banned. It's been a minute since I've been in the thread- have the been any more than the, like, 3 there were a week ago or so?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a pretty important question for a lot of these ban reports is that if someone used SX OS, were they using their own cartridge dumps or scene dumps with no certs? Or were they using a dump with an injected cert from a different game?

We have a few reports where people have voluntarily given that information, but unless I'm mistaken it's not part of the survey.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't find the statistics for the lazy regarding people who just use Homebrew (like Checkpoint) and were banned. It's been a minute since I've been in the thread- have the been any more than the, like, 3 there were a week ago or so?

It's easy enough to load the full spreadsheet and filter it. So far only silverspring.

Reactions: benitonitez

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...decided to remove them because of multiple reasons. On that note, time for some updates!
  • As noted above, Statistics for the Lazy have been removed because, well, I've become lazy. The only updates to it have been with SX OS only bans (and there's a new one everyday now) and the Homebrew only bans seem to have other risk factors that are not made clear enough and could lead to some false conclusions. For example, one of the users claimed they never used LayeredFS but their post history indicates otherwise. And the actual homebrew-only banned user also used nx-dreport on 5.X which is not considered to be safe as noted by SciresM (and other people seem to feel its not safe in general) so that whole category is not very helpful. The spreadsheet is organized in such a way that you can find these categories without too much thought. As you scroll down, the first set of Y's under Ban are Homebrew Only Bans. Then the next set of Y's are SX OS Only Bans. After that are LayeredFS Only Bans.
  • I've now implemented a list of actions that users can do after being banned titled "After Being Banned". This will depend on the type of ban you receive, but since console bans are the most common and account bans are the most rare, the only real loss seems to be online play. Unless someone creates a private server, this loss cannot be mitigated. It also makes it easier for me to tell users how to use the eShop despite being banned without digging up and quoting @PatrickD85;)
I'm going to be removing eShop use in CFW/Homebrew as well as SX OS Version. Change my mind. I'll give it 24 hours at least. If no one responds in 24 hours at all, I'll give it a week just to be safe. I checked the data and there appear to be no trends with these categories. They'll be moved into Removed Categories so the data won't be lost forever, but I want to make the main spreadsheet as concise as possible.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: PatrickD85

Pook and Pie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...decided to remove them because of multiple reasons. On that note, time for some updates!
  • As noted above, Statistics for the Lazy have been removed because, well, I've become lazy. The only updates to it have been with SX OS only bans (and there's a new one everyday now) and the Homebrew only bans seem to have other risk factors that are not made clear enough and could lead to some false conclusions. For example, one of the users claimed they never used LayeredFS but their post history indicates otherwise. And the actual homebrew only ban also used nx-dreport on 5.X which is not considered to be safe as noted by SciresM (and other people seem to feel its not safe in general) so that whole category is not very helpful. The spreadsheet is organized in such a way that you can find these categories without too much thought. As you scroll down, the first set of Y's under Ban are Homebrew Only Bans. Then the next set of Y's are SX OS Only Bans. After that are LayeredFS Only Bans.
  • I've now implemented a list of actions that users can do after being banned titled "After Being Banned". This will depend on the type of ban you receive, but since console bans are the most common and account bans are the most rare, the only real loss seems to be online play. Unless someone creates a private server, this loss cannot be mitigated. It also makes it easier for me to tell users how to use the eShop despite being banned without digging up and quoting @PatrickD85
I'm going to be removing eShop use in CFW/Homebrew as well as SX OS Version. Change my mind. I'll give it 24 hours at least. If no one responds in 24 hours at all, I
ll give it a week just to be safe. I checked the data and there appear to be no trends with these categories. They'll be moved into Removed Categories so the data won't be lost forever, but I want to make the main spreadsheet as concise as possible.

Ah, thanks for the information. I'm stuck on my phone and the formatting for Drive is awkward when loading spreadsheets so I had tons of scrolling to do to find anything out lol.

I appreciate the hard work you do in collating all this data.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehehe cool ;) thanks for including my bits of 'wisdom' @Draxzelex

For the record; Nintendo did not reply to my follow up mail (big surprise).
I am therefore looking into a way on how you can reaquire deleted software (preferably without exhop and titleid stuff but no promises on that yet)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. Wonder if the hammer will come full swing in September?
They clearly seem to have no qualms about banning people now at least. It would also make sense for them to ban a lot of people come the time their online service is no longer free, but at the same time, a lot of people won't pay the money just for online.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They clearly seem to have no qualms about banning people now at least. It would also make sense for them to ban a lot of people come the time their online service is no longer free, but at the same time, a lot of people won't pay the money just for online.
Like they were going to in the first place. :x

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol, maybe that's what they want you to think. Maybe they have a huge ban list waiting to go, and they just let a ban happen every now and again just so people think they don't have a huge list waiting for a banwave.

...Then, a month after they start charging for online services, they drop the banhammer. Right after everyone that cared paid their $20. Nintendo figures they'll get what they can out of them before banning.

benitonitez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think a pretty important question for a lot of these ban reports is that if someone used SX OS, were they using their own cartridge dumps or scene dumps with no certs? Or were they using a dump with an injected cert from a different game?

We have a few reports where people have voluntarily given that information, but unless I'm mistaken it's not part of the survey.
Yes, I think so too.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.