Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just checked some popular warez forum and there are tutorials for downloading and installing any eShop games while using SX and CDN programs, with no warnings to ban risks whatsoever. I expect another banwave soon, this time maybe with full CDN restriction.

There's going to be a mess of bans from people installing NSPs, since they can be specifically tracked and cannot be shared naturally.

@Draxzelex may want to add that into his questionaire, since that's nigh guaranteed to cop a ban.

Reactions: Kioku and lukhart
D

Deleted User

Here's my report from a little testing:

I currently have two switches, one banned and one not.
They're both on latest firmware both have separate SX OS Licences. Both using separate nintendo accounts and location set to Ireland.

I have loaded backups of my own cartridge dumps offline on both consoles using only SXOS on CFW. These games being BoTW, MK8 DX and Mario Odyssey respectively.
I have also played both MK8 DX and Fortnite online on OFW on both consoles.
I have used the homebrew channel to load up various emulators and played eDuke3D several times on both consoles.
I have never been online with SX OS on either of the consoles.

The only difference is that I used LayeredFS to play around with Mario Odyssey on one of the switches.
After playing around with LayeredFS offline for a few hours I booted back into OFW to play Fortnite online. It worked fine yesterday evening.
Turned the console back on this morning after leaving it in sleep mode on OFW to find the console was banned sometime overnight.

In summary: It currently seems that LayeredFS is responsible for the ban on one of my switches.
I will continue to use my other switch without LayeredFS and keep you updated if it eventually gets banned.

Last edited by ,

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: Y
Picture Incoming...
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: N
Downloaded with CDN: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: N
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: Y
Layered FS Used while online: N
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y - Atmosphere, Checkpoint
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: N
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y/N
Backups updated: N
Wi-Fi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): X.X
Trimmed .XCI: Y and N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: N
Region: US

Reactions: Draxzelex

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: Not sure
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: N
SX OS used: Y
SX OS used while online: Y
Played online SX OS Backups: Y
Layered FS Used: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Only used WAIN Dumper)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Not sure
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Not sure
Backups updated: Y (CFW)
Airplane mode: N
AutoRCM: TX
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): v1.3
Trimmed .XCI: Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: Y
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: Not sure
Region: USA
Additional Comments: I dumped a certificate from a retail game that only I have access to. I was banned shortly after going online due to using my certificate on BBB backups.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it in the other thread but it seems like you have a cert ban rather than a console ban based on the error code you received meaning the eShop and online play should still work (granted you use a non-banned certificate).
Source:

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said it in the other thread but it seems like you have a cert ban rather than a console ban based on the error code you received meaning the eShop and online play should still work (granted you use a non-banned certificate).
Source: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1009436235536871424
It is definitely a console ban. I thought I made that clear by launching Fortnite (which is free from the eShop). I also tried a retail Splatoon 2 cartridge and got the same error code. I wish it was a certificate ban, but no dice.

UPDATE: The error code changed to 2124-4007, also I get the same error code when loading eShop.

Last edited by mylesofsmiles,

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SX Pro arrives today, so I want to know what I can get away with before trying anything. This is basically gonna be a short check-list, would appreciate some answers.

- Will I be banned if I have the Switch connected to wi-fi with non-legit games and download updates, even if I don't play them online?
- Can I play legit eShop/cartridge games online without being banned if I have some non-legit single player stuff on the same Switch/SD?

- Can I download updates for non-legit games through eShop without being banned, or is there some other method people use?

- I heard homebrew logs can get you banned, so should I basically avoid it entirely until further notice?

Last edited by JokeTriple,

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My SX Pro arrives today, so I want to know what I can get away with before trying anything. This is basically gonna be a short check-list, would appreciate some answers.

- Will I be banned if I have the Switch connected to wi-fi with non-legit games and download updates, even if I don't play them online?
- Can I play legit eShop/cartridge games online without being banned if I have some non-legit single player stuff on the same Switch/SD?

- Can I download updates for non-legit games through eShop without being banned, or is there some other method people use?

- I heard homebrew logs can get you banned, so should I basically avoid it entirely until further notice?
Yes to all your question. Back up your nand before you use SX, then stay offline for now up until we have a more full proof solution against banning.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes to all your question. Back up your nand before you use SX, then stay offline for now up until we have a more full proof solution against banning.
Sorry I meant you can be banned under all those circumstances

Reactions: JokeTriple

JokeTriple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back up your nand before you use SX, then stay offline for now up until we have a more full proof solution against banning.

Thanks for the heads up, will do. A while ago, one person mentioned to me that they used auto-RCM like a sort of dual boot where they used SX OS and non-legit titles in offline mode, then booted back to the default Switch OS to play their legit bought titles online.

I wonder if there's any merit to that statement or if he's been banned. Haven't seen anyone else try it.

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the heads up, will do. A while ago, one person mentioned to me that they used auto-RCM like a sort of dual boot where they used SX OS and non-legit titles in offline mode, then booted back to the default Switch OS to play their legit bought titles online.

I wonder if there's any merit to that statement or if he's been banned. Haven't seen anyone else try it.
Right now Nintendo bans everyone for everything.
Once you started sxos youre fucked when you go online.
Do a nand Backup BEFORE starting anything, then you can maybe avoid a ban in the future.

Again, stay offline or Nintendo will ban you.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone banned for only booting hekate via rcm and running checkpoint to transfer saves?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is definitely a console ban. I thought I made that clear by launching Fortnite (which is free from the eShop). I also tried a retail Splatoon 2 cartridge and got the same error code. I wish it was a certificate ban, but no dice.

UPDATE: The error code changed to 2124-4007, also I get the same error code when loading eShop.
2124-4025 is a certificate ban meaning that unique certificate is not allowed to go online
2124-4007 is a console ban meaning the console is not allowed to go online anymore
Yes, there is a big difference between a console ban and a certificate ban but its interesting how they banned both (meaning they knew you injected mismatched certificates). Anyways, if you get a chance you can try loading the eShop from a computer to see if you're account is banned since that has not been confirmed yet.

Anyone banned for only booting hekate via rcm and running checkpoint to transfer saves?
I have one person who didn't specify what homebrew they used, had multiple crashes, and was banned and another person who claims to have only used checkpoint but was banned yet their post history indicates they may have used LayeredFS.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online in OFW:
I used nx-dreport on 4.1.0. However, before updating to 5.1.0, I restored a NAND backup I made before the nx-dreport usage, and my (non-homebrew) error logs are back.
SX OS used: N
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y,
Homebrew App Store, Checkpoint (possibly N after NAND restore)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y (possibly N after NAND restore)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y
Backups updated: N
Airplane mode: N
AutoRCM: None
Lowest SX OS Version used when Online/Offline (i.e 1.0, 1.1, 1.2): None
Auto-Update Software: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: N

so yeah. if i had to make an educated guess, log deletion is a pretty big red flag. that NAND backup sure saved my ass lol

Last edited by frogboy,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using AutoRCM with SwitchBlade 2.0.6 (basically autoboot hekate before Hekate came out with that as a feature). I have nx-dreport running on every boot (yes I know that this is discouraged, but if it's going to cause any harm the damage is already done now). Aside from that, 90% of my homebrew usage is using Checkpoint to restore saves. This allows me to share my Switch with my 5 year old son, he sees how Daddy has unlocked everything cool on his saves, and so he wants to play on Daddy's saves instead of his. And then he either progresses through the game and I miss parts of the story, or he wastes my in-game currency on useless junk. With Checkpoint, I just restore my saves every time I get on the Switch, and back them up every time I'm done playing.

Without Checkpoint, I probably wouldn't enjoy playing on my Switch at all. But with Checkpoint, both my son and I can fully enjoy my Switch.

Anyway, I've never tried restoring Checkpoint backups on a different Switch though. I kinda doubt it would be grounds for a ban, but it would probably depend on the situation. If you're using it in online games, then you might end up with something like a duplicate online id, and that I'd imagine could cause a ban.

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right now Nintendo bans everyone for everything.
Once you started sxos youre fucked when you go online.
Do a nand Backup BEFORE starting anything, then you can maybe avoid a ban in the future.

Again, stay offline or Nintendo will ban you.
I have been using sx os and have played my legit cartridge games online for the past 2 weeks without a hiccup. Simply using SX OS doesn't warrant a ban. It is what you do online that bans you.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After exactly 2 Weeks extrem use of TX OS here my following Status:

Banned: No
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: ? I guess No - don't know what this is
Downloaded with CDN: Never
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: Never cleared error logs
SX OS used while online: Never
Played online SX OS Backups: Never
Layered FS Used: Never
Layered FS Used while online: Never
Played online Layered FS Injects: Never
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Checkpoint very often - no single crash)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Never
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Never
Backups updated: Never (CFW nor OFW)
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): 1.2
Trimmed .XCI: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: Don't know and don't care
Region: EU / Germany
Comment: Went to the Eshop and downloaded the Voice Package for my Skyrim Backup - perfectly works with my non updated Skyrim Backup game

So I can still access the e-shop. Did not updated my Backups but two original games and everything is fine till now.
For myself it's absolutly okay like this - I can enjoy my Backups while offline and when I want to play a round Mario Kart Deluxe (my own phyical game) I can enjoy it on OFW.
Of course I will tell when something will happen. But till now - nothing happend with the configuration above.

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After exactly 2 Weeks extrem use of TX OS here my following Status:

Banned: No
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: ? I guess No - don't know what this is
Downloaded with CDN: Never
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: Never cleared error logs
SX OS used while online: Never
Played online SX OS Backups: Never
Layered FS Used: Never
Layered FS Used while online: Never
Played online Layered FS Injects: Never
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Checkpoint very often - no single crash)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Never
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Never
Backups updated: Never (CFW nor OFW)
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): 1.2
Trimmed .XCI: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: Don't know and don't care
Region: EU / Germany
Comment: Went to the Eshop and downloaded the Voice Package for my Skyrim Backup - perfectly works with my non updated Skyrim Backup game

So I can still access the e-shop. Did not updated my Backups but two original games and everything is fine till now.
For myself it's absolutly okay like this - I can enjoy my Backups while offline and when I want to play a round Mario Kart Deluxe (my own phyical game) I can enjoy it on OFW.
Of course I will tell when something will happen. But till now - nothing happend with the configuration above.
You don't have to switch to the ofw just to play original games online. You just need to plugin your game cartridge to enjoy online play.

Reactions: Frexxos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo