Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    From the people that have responded, its save managers and the offending game is Splatoon 2. I would say as long as you're not touching the save of an online game, you should be fine but I have no evidence to support that.

alexj9626 likes this.
  2. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    You can still get the new filters in mario odyssey even if you're banned.

3. Mushuuu

Mushuuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2018
    Finland
    Hey everyone, quick question for me.

Switch is 5.1.0
    I bought Pool Panic (and other games) on eshop, downloaded it and played it.
    For reasons, I deleted the game from the switch, planning to download it again later.
    Played a bit with CFW and got banned (lol).
    Can't dowwload my game again because switch is 5.10 and wants to be in 6.0.0 to download it
    USB port is dead (only charging works).

Legally speaking, i'm not able to download content I bought, do you think I could contact Nintendo to do something about it ? I get i'm banned from online use, but i'm in a situation where i'm not able to access content i legitimately purchased.

Thanks for any advice.

Meanwhile I got a new switch so it's not technically a problem, but my question is focused on the legal aspect of the ban.

4. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Once your banned theres no way of getting your paid games again legally Eshop is no longer an option.

5. Mushuuu

Mushuuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2018
    Finland
    Yeah, but it sounds a bit illegal from their part, to prevent me from getting something i already paid for... (of course I didn't read the EULA but this feels really "too much of a ban")

6. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Yeah it does, but we broke their TOS this is the risk that everyone has to go though using a hacked Switch. I have paid season passes, yet still expect a ban at some point

7. Buszu92

Buszu92 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2018
    Poland
    anyone get ban after using "emunand"? miss so much Fortnite :( but if its very risky i will wait for better options.

8. zatixiz

zatixiz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Sweden
    So I’m kind of new to all this but basically my console rendered useless yesterday. I had done no modifications to the console nor used any third party accessories when it suddenly crashed and was stuck on the switch logo forever (couldn’t boot into recovery mode either).

Since I did not want to loose my saves I gave it a shot booting into a CFW. I used TegraRCMGui with the included ReINX payload and successfully booted the console. I proceeded to back all of my games to Nintendo online and then did a full format to factory. It’s now running again but crashing now and then so considering sending it in for repair/replacement.

What are the chances of getting banned from doing what I did?

9. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No one...yet. Although you play Fortnite on anything nowadays, even your phone.
    If those crashes are happening due to the unmodified hardware rather than because you hacked it, I would say the chances are slim. But one person has reported Nintendo returning a patched Switch after sending in an unpatched one so you may end up not being able to hack the console once Nintendo is done with it.

10. zatixiz

zatixiz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Sweden
    Yeah I’d be fine with Nintendo sending me a patched one as long as that means I won’t get banned and I get a working console. The only reason i decided to boot into a CFW on this one was because i wanted to back up all my saves before potentially sending this unit in.

Fingers crossed!

11. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    yes, technically it's a problem

you can't get your banned account on your new switch

if you find a way to do it, your new switch will get banned too, sooner or later

unfortunately you have to accept the fact that you broke the EULA, nintendo caught you and you lost your account and everything in it.

12. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Not really. You can remotely disconnect your account from your switch once a year via the Nintendo website, and no reports yet have come out with a ban purely from using an account from a banned switch.

13. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
  14. zatixiz

zatixiz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Sweden
    I think I’m gonna have to accept the fact that I might get banned in the future. This switch is only one week old and I should’ve not booted into ReINX to just upload my saves to Nintendo online. Should’ve researched more but it’s too late now.. Are accounts banned too or can I get a new console in the future and use my current account if my switch gets banned?

Thanks!

15. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Accounts are very rarely banned (limited to extremely serious offences such as when people played Sun/Moon online early).

zatixiz likes this.
  16. zatixiz

zatixiz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Sweden
    Thanks, made my evening a bit better. Might as well just make a full NAND backup, go offline and start enjoying the world of homebrews now then

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Got banned today from Online Service, Patching dont work, but System-Update work.

100% Sure it was ReiNX, never had any issue with SX OS, after I switched to ReiNX (because I wanted to use NSP better)
    Instant got banned.

So yeah, not saying SX is save, but I guess more save then ReiNX / NSP usage. Time to buy a new Pokemon Bundle.

18. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    A full ban report would shed more light on the situation.

19. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    The Form is just way to Long and I am not stupid the Moment I swapped to NSP + Rei I got Banned so yeah :)

The only think people.might Come with is "this is a late Ban of SX" But then Just lmao :)

It is either NSPs or Rei. Used Online Games everyone day (Original Cardridges)

Last edited by ehnoah, Oct 21, 2018
  20. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I'm not convinced. I've seen people go for months without being banned and solely using .NSP files. Plus people were banned for using SX OS way before .NSP support came along. If you truly believed it wasn't to be SX OS, then you would fill out the form to disprove it. Otherwise, I and other people can easily suspect you of withholding information to not pin the blame on SX OS for various reasons.

Wanap, lufeig and TheCyberQuake like this.