Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I'm curious about. Are we logging sysmodules being used?
I ask if people use creport and eclct (pm.kip). I've also been asking people if they used LayeredFS since day one which is fs_mitm.kip. The only sysmodules I don't ask about is loader and sm as they are standard (loader is involved with the homebrew menu but I forgot what sm did).
Is it safe to install a cartridge dump play offline with it then exit the game out of cow and then go online?
Nothing is safe when it comes to backups, regardless if you own them or not. But if you want to do that, you can try; its about as safe as playing .XCI files solely offline which not all people have been banned for.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I ask if people use creport and eclct (pm.kip). I've also been asking people if they used LayeredFS since day one which is fs_mitm.kip. The only sysmodules I don't ask about is loader and sm as they are standard (loader is involved with the homebrew menu but I forgot what sm did).
Nothing is safe when it comes to backups, regardless if you own them or not. But if you want to do that, you can try; its about as safe as playing .XCI files solely offline which not all people have been banned for.
FTP and Xorplay should be noted imo.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Been a while since I last posted here, and some things have changed for me, so I am making a new report:

Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Yes
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes, although the last time I checked was the day before FW 6.0 was released
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to?
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware?
Don't know as I am currently running a hacked Nand
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Will check later, but I should be able to
SX OS used? Hahahahahahaha......No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N/A
Trimmed .XCI? N/A
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N/A
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N/A
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N/A
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for?
Custom Themes, so Modding I guess
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP?
Yes
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used?
Yes (PlayerNX, ReiNX Toolkit, Tinfoil, Mystery of Solarus DX, NX-Shell, kezplez-NX)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? No
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? Original ChoiDujour
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX?
Yes, ChoiDujour
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Yes, installed with ChoiDujour during FW update
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Will check later
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 3.0.0
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Yes
Airplane mode? Yes
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? No
Console/Account Region(s)
EU
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Windows
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? AutoRCM
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outside of that one person, the other homebrew bans seem to be correlated to save editors. No other correlation with other emulators.
Can you clarify if the edited save files are impossible to obtain normally, or do you not know that?
I hate to be that guy asking about ban risk, but does anyone know if anyone has been banned for taking the (created legitimately) save files from a banned switch and putting them onto a new switch with the same Nintendo account via a single use of checkpoint?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you clarify if the edited save files are impossible to obtain normally, or do you not know that?
I hate to be that guy asking about ban risk, but does anyone know if anyone has been banned for taking the (created legitimately) save files from a banned switch and putting them onto a new switch with the same Nintendo account via a single use of checkpoint?
Well I'd rather you ask that here than in a new thread ;)

Anyways, edited save files will and always will be impossible to obtain normally. The cloud service that Nintendo employs doesn't modify the save file otherwise they would be flagging their own users for bans. If Nintendo catches wind that a modified save is being used whether through telemetry or online play, then they will ban any console associated with that save. So far, I haven't seen that specific scenario play out but the principle remains that it carries a risk.

LangoLango

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Toolkit is too for any data to have been collected upon it just like TX's EmuNAND. If you backed up the NAND in the toolkit without doing anything else beforehand, the NAND should be clean but there is no way to tell.

Well, 24 hours after restoring my NAND backup, and everything is working fine. I am not banned.

4rc4n4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Banned : N
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N (It asks me to update console to 6.0)
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.4 - 1.5
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your backups online? OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Not sure.
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Not sure
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Never cleared them
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Console/Account Region(s) : USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? : SX Jig
Additional Comments
No autorcm, modded my Joycon with a reed switch, so I always boot with the jig and joycon hack. I use pin 10 and 1, since I have a reed switch, it's removed as soon as I enter the sx os menu.

Just an update from my previous post. Still not banned, just updated a game (remember reading this is how they ban you).

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think anyone was banned for updating .XCI games in OFW without AutoRCM so you could try that. Despite the fact that people have been banned for this, majority of users are not banned for doing this so it seems pretty safe.

Hello! 2 questions in mind.

1.) What about .xci converted to .nsp and updating them in OFW?

2.) Deleting fake tickets of .nsp and updating them in OFW?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! 2 questions in mind.

1.) What about .xci converted to .nsp and updating them in OFW?

2.) Deleting fake tickets of .nsp and updating them in OFW?
  1. An .XCI converted to .NSP is the same as if the game originated as an .NSP file
  2. Even without the fake tickets, someone got banned for bringing .NSP files online so I might have to rethink the safety of updating .NSP files in OFW
I also see no reason why people are in such a rush to update their games. Most updates don't offer anything new to the game and updates are always dumped, just like games and DLC. Bringing them to OFW introduces unnecessary risk for little reward.
Got an email from nintendo about my banning problem. They actually believed me when I said it was pre-owned:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
And?

Reactions: Khim09

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. An .XCI converted to .NSP is the same as if the game originated as an .NSP file
  2. Even without the fake tickets, someone got banned for bringing .NSP files online so I might have to rethink the safety of updating .NSP files in OFW
I also see no reason why people are in such a rush to update their games. Most updates don't offer anything new to the game and updates are always dumped, just like games and DLC. Bringing them to OFW introduces unnecessary risk for little reward.
And?
They think I'm innocent.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice, so your console is right now unbanned?
No. They're gonna unban it. Maybe.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They think I'm innocent.

Well there's a large gap between convincing its pre-owned and unbanning a console. I mean, I sincerely doubt you would be the first person to call Nintendo with a banned console claiming its pre-owned so you can get it unbanned.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They think I'm innocent.

They're not going to unban you, the people who handle the tls-certificates aren't customer reps. You got told a nice answer to go away.

They *have* unbanned consoles but for mistakes of their own doing/faults with codes like in Bayonetta's missing/bugged code for download. They're not going to unban a banned console for hacking.

Reactions: lufeig

Teeq85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still going, SX OS 2.0, but downgraded to 1.9 as some games were freezing. OFW 6.0, trimmed .xci emulated, .nsps installed, played offline in CFW. Still have access to eshop and redownloaded 2 eshop games in OFW.

Never messed with any homebrew. Been using CFW (only SX OS) since August.

I havent been playing any multiplayer or online with carts/backups within CFW. I have played cart games i have purchased (multiplayer) in OFW before NSO released which I have not subscribed to.

I have not agreed to share any information with N on my account both on console and website from back in August. I dont switch my sd card out at all between OFW and CFW.

Any thoughts on why I have not been banned yet?

Duppex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Switch has never been on the Eshop, I never registered a Nintendo account. I have also never played any games online, XCI, NSP, or Original Cart.

My original Firmware was on 5.1.

I have been using SX OS since I think ver 1.6, and have over 100 game saves on my Switch.

As I have no use for Nintendo Online/Game update service, I decided to update the Switch to Firmware 6.0 via Nintendo official online updater.

Let's see if a get a ban and have to use ChoiDujour for future Firmware updates.

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not going to unban you, the people who handle the tls-certificates aren't customer reps. You got told a nice answer to go away.

They *have* unbanned consoles but for mistakes of their own doing/faults with codes like in Bayonetta's missing/bugged code for download. They're not going to unban a banned console for hacking.
But I told them it was preowned. I'm gonna tell them that after my previous switch broke, I got a used switch that came banned without telling me. I transfered my shit onto that console and now I'm fucked.
TL;DR: i lied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...