XP
Country
Canada
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y/N
N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y/N
N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Y/N
Unable to test as there is no update pending.
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y/N
Y
SX OS used? Y/N
N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y/N
Was not out at the time the console was hacked.
Trimmed .XCI? Y/N
N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y/N
N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N
N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? Y/N
N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? Y/N
N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? Y/N
N
Used DevMenu? Y/N
N
Installed any .NSP? Y/N
N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y/N
N
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y/N
N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/N
Y, Hekate
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y/N
Y
Additional Comments
Exclusively used my switch to play homebrew emulated games back on 5.10 (I believe it was), just updated to 6.0.0 and am now 2124-4007 (The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo).
Which homebrew?

Cause not any cfw will leave traces on the nand after a reboot (since you were not online while using it, it doesn't make sense).

Last edited by mariogamer,

Deepfryer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just restored the NAND of my switch back to its original unhacked state, however I accidentally restored the slightly older backup rather than the newest one. That backup I also accidentally made with the wifi settings saved so it connected to the internet. They both had the exact same software but the only difference was that I had redownloaded several games to 'move' their save location.

Does anyone know if Nintendo can detect some sort of mismatch?

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So I just restored the NAND of my switch back to its original unhacked state, however I accidentally restored the slightly older backup rather than the newest one. That backup I also accidentally made with the wifi settings saved so it connected to the internet. They both had the exact same software but the only difference was that I had redownloaded several games to 'move' their save location.

Does anyone know if Nintendo can detect some sort of mismatch?
I want to know this also. I have only 1 backup and that is the older one . I hope Nintendo don't keep track.

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know this also. I have only 1 backup and that is the older one . I hope Nintendo don't keep track.

If they can detect cleared logs, I'm sure they can detect this. I made a bigger goof-up though, I started with 5.0.2 and upgraded (legit) to 5.1.0. When I restored, it was to 5.0.2. Whoops! So, as of a couple weeks ago (just before 6.0 came out) it doesn't look like it'd cause a ban (I upgraded to 6.0 and last I checked I'm still not banned).

If it's the same software version (i.e. we're talking about an older backup of 5.1.0, but you've been online since then), I'd recommend doing a factory reset before letting it connect. That could explain away some of the discrepancies. Anything you can do to make it look less suspicious.

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If they can detect cleared logs, I'm sure they can detect this. I made a bigger goof-up though, I started with 5.0.2 and upgraded (legit) to 5.1.0. When I restored, it was to 5.0.2. Whoops! So, as of a couple weeks ago (just before 6.0 came out) it doesn't look like it'd cause a ban (I upgraded to 6.0 and last I checked I'm still not banned).

If it's the same software version (i.e. we're talking about an older backup of 5.1.0, but you've been online since then), I'd recommend doing a factory reset before letting it connect. That could explain away some of the discrepancies. Anything you can do to make it look less suspicious.
My screw up is with and without exfat update. Also when i officially update exfat patch, I boot before to sxos. Not sure booting to sxos trigger error log even though I didn't install any nsp.

Philourer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My screw up is with and without exfat update. Also when i officially update exfat patch, I boot before to sxos. Not sure booting to sxos trigger error log even though I didn't install any nsp.

It doesn't "seem" that simply booting to SX OS is enough to trigger a ban. If it were me, I'd just lie low for a bit, don't do anything (else) that could cause a ban. No SX OS, no homebrew, just straight legit stuff until the next ban wave. If you're bored, you could go into maintenance mode and do a reset (have option of keeping save files, so you won't have to use homebrew to restore). Do a nand backup as soon as the reset is done, before you've setup anything.

Deepfryer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea luckily my system version was still the same, as well as the logs. The backups were made only like a day apart. But I wonder if the sudden change in game location can be noticed, or alternatively, if two different download instances of the same application appear different to Nintendo. Well I guess we'll see what happens...

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You skipped the answers to a lot of questions so I posted the ones you missed down below. Please review and answer them.
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time you were able to?
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y/N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y/N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y/N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y/N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y/N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y/N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: X.X.X/N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y/N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Y/N
Airplane mode? Y/N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? Y/N
Console/Account Region(s)
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with?

It's not that accurate. I'm using SXOS since July and updating XCI games from OFW and i'm still good.
It is accurate because its not just one or two instances of people banned. There is a difference between not being banned and being safe; the former implies there is an unconfirmed ban risk while the latter confers a risk of 0%. Need I remind you that it has only been 4 months since bans have been hammered out and Nintendo banned users for several years on the 3DS. Lastly, this is like saying that usage of .NSP files will lead to a ban when the data suggests otherwise. There are people banned for using .XCI or .NSP as well as people not banned for using .XCI or .NSP

So just to reiterate:
  • Usage of .XCI files can get you banned, even if you update them in OFW
  • Not being banned is not even close to something being confirmed as safe
  • It hasn't even been half a year since bans have started

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello,
I want to use some emulators homebrew with my SX (offline of course) but I saw some people who as been banned by playing the gba emulator. What about the others emulators ? Why are they banned with this homebrew and not the others ?
Thanks and sorry if it's already asked

Sorry for the up but my question was on the previous page :(

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
I want to use some emulators homebrew with my SX (offline of course) but I saw some people who as been banned by playing the gba emulator. What about the others emulators ? Why are they banned with this homebrew and not the others ?
Thanks and sorry if it's already asked
That person also cleared error logs on 5.X. As long as you never clear your error logs, you should be fine using a GBA emulator without a ban but I cannot 100% guarantee your safety.

Reactions: Cortexfou

LangoLango

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, everyone.

I used ReiNX toolkit to make a backup of my NAND before installing any NSP or XCI on my Switch. This was before I found out that backups using Hekate are the truly clean ones.

I did not find any information about bans from people who restored a backup from ReiNX. The only thing that I found is that the ReiNX backups are not totally clean, but no real reports from people who used it and went back to OFW without getting ban.

Does anyone have ever been banned after restoring a ReiNX backup? Or the only way to know is to restore my backup and go online to find out?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use/restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y/N
N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y/N
N
Unable to test as there is no update pending.
Y
SX OS used? Y/N
N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y/N
Was not out at the time the console was hacked.
Trimmed .XCI? Y/N
N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y/N
N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Y/N
N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? Y/N
N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? Y/N
N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? Y/N
N
Used DevMenu? Y/N
N
Installed any .NSP? Y/N
N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y/N
N
N
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate/Both/N
Y, Hekate
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y/N
Y
Additional Comments
Exclusively used my switch to play homebrew emulated games back on 5.10 (I believe it was), just updated to 6.0.0 and am now 2124-4007 (The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo).

Which emulator was this and with which packages? Creport should really make emulators largely innocuous unless something else went wrong somewhere.

Reactions: mariogamer

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone.

I used ReiNX toolkit to make a backup of my NAND before installing any NSP or XCI on my Switch. This was before I found out that backups using Hekate are the truly clean ones.

I did not find any information about bans from people who restored a backup from ReiNX. The only thing that I found is that the ReiNX backups are not totally clean, but no real reports from people who used it and went back to OFW without getting ban.

Does anyone have ever been banned after restoring a ReiNX backup? Or the only way to know is to restore my backup and go online to find out?
Toolkit is too for any data to have been collected upon it just like TX's EmuNAND. If you backed up the NAND in the toolkit without doing anything else beforehand, the NAND should be clean but there is no way to tell.

Reactions: LangoLango

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.