Nintendo pulls out WiiU from GamesCom

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I really hope the 'craze' of the WiiU will really make Nintendo decide on an AFFORDABLE launch price (ahem 3DS)

To me, it should be priced at US$249.99 or less

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
chris888222 said:
I really hope the 'craze' of the WiiU will really make Nintendo decide on an AFFORDABLE launch price (ahem 3DS)

Lolwut, when PS3 was $500+ no one was raging, and here you want a next gen console to be below $250 just because it's Nintendo? Lol, it should be between $300-$350, it IS a home console after all.

And $249.99 was the Wii launch, how can old and new gen consoles launch at same price? No can't do.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SamAsh07 said:
chris888222 said:

Lolwut, when PS3 was $500+ no one was raging, and here you want a next gen console to be below $250 just because it's Nintendo? Lol, it should be between $300-$350, it IS a home console after all.

And $249.99 was the Wii launch, how can old and new gen consoles launch at same price? No can't do.
Considering technology today, I don't see how is it not possible to launch a HD/3D capable console at $249.99. Maybe a little more, but no more than $300. $279.99

I don't wish to mention about handhelds as comparison but, the PSV also will launch at $249 same as PSP, and it's next gen.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Too family orientated? Not enough adult games? Are you sure you're talking about the Wii U? Take a look at this, I don't see a single 'family friendly' game on there:

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk whats with nintendo's gimmicks and so called new innovation, but i mean those are good, but its a gaming system. they have to think about the games. why not just go back to basics, make a gaming console, enough with those gimicks, i think motion is good enough, keep that and just focus on the games. i dont want no bulky touchpap ipad copy.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
zetta u got flamed because u talked about paying for game on gbatemp

they cant be reconsidering dropping the wii bcz afaik, the costs would be dangerous and anyone who does this risk assessment would come to the same conclusion

maybe its the prototype version they didnt like that should appear on gamescon but otherwise, i dont think its a bad machine at all AND THEY have so many companies working to make games on it like Assassin and Batman. U have the A's and B's, what else do u need?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ron457x2 said:
EDIT: Nintendo is giving you an HD Wii with great online AND Amazing 3rd party support...isn't that what you wanted?

P.S INB4 TL;DR
rolleyes.gif

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

That post was perfect fanboy.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Ron457x2 said:
EDIT: Nintendo is giving you an HD Wii with great online AND Amazing 3rd party support...isn't that what you wanted?

P.S INB4 TL;DR
rolleyes.gif

It's not a "fanboy" post, it's just true. While they are catching up with other consoles on the above aspects, the Wii and Wii U have a completely different style of gameplay. It is based on motion control from the ground up, where as the Move and Kinect were just stupid attempts at motion control. Sony and Microsoft should stick with what the controls they built the console for, because they work well.

Using the Wii remote does take some getting used to, but after some practice, it is quite easy to control a game (unless the game has terrible control of course). Actually being able to point at the screen when aiming a gun is especially fun, which is why I really wish they had made more shooters.

Something I am quite excited about is the new Zapper. I'm sure it will be heavy (although that might make it more realistic), but being able to use the Wii U controller as a scope looks awesome.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
KingVamp said:
More like people need to stop seeing every Nintendo console as family orientated instead see it as everyone orientated.
Isn't family "everyone"? Or does "family" mean "everyone at the same time, all the time"? Is a PC family oriented or "family" oriented?

I meant for all casual,hardcore,mature,kids, or whatever.
Since somehow family games have been put in that casual section.
chartube12 said:
But if those same games would come out for another console, I would end up buying it for said other console. For 3 reasons. 1.The wii mote is too difficult to use for many games. 2. the other consoles have achievements and trophies. 3. Nintendo's online service still has a lot of work to do. The 3ds and the eshop's poor growth rate shows nintendo is far behind in that area.
What does that got to do with adult games on the wii? Since what he said was " there are no adult targeting games".

Fine even if pointless.

Why does it matter when I can just play them on the wii?

1) Maybe for you.
2) Just extra and which should have been in the games?
3) What do you want from the shop? What wrong with it?

QUOTE(emigre @ Aug 5 2011, 09:43 AM) QUOTE(Ron457x2 @ Aug 5 2011, 11:06 AM)

P.S INB4 TL;DR
rolleyes.gif

Just... just what?

Man, Nintendo could come up with the best system in the world and people can still find ways to complain.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Considering much of the game footage of WiiU games during E3 was from the PS3/XBox360 and with how 3rd party developers have been pushing-back/cancelling titles recently, I would guess that Nintendo pulled the WiiU from GamesCom because there wouldn't be a lot of new things to show for it. Plus, they had said back then that the WiiU specs/devkits were not finalized, so that could have affected developers from having stuff to present, especially if the changes to the specs/devkits were enough to alter deadlines.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Man, Nintendo could come up with the best system in the world and people can still find ways to complain.
Nintendo's for kids, everyone knows that.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
well they have changed names b4 on consoles b4 release...remember revolution?
smileipb2.png
That was it's codename, like the Gamecube being the Dolphin and the Vita being the NGP. Though I will say they should have kept that as the real name. Heck, they should have named this the Revolution, It's an awesome name.

WHY YOU NO DO THAT, NINTENDO!? Heck, Cafe is better than Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy