Nintendo Promises Stability Updates for 3DS Beyond 2018!!!!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by OrGoN3, Jun 16, 2017.

1. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    nintendooo
    gibe moar gaymz for 3DS switch is shit, thanky uwu

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    Bullet Hell
    Doesn't mean it will be one of the 'core' games.
    Gale of Darkness on GC was 'a new hard core rpg pokemon title' back when it came out... it's not one of the 'core' games though.
    Like I said, up to now, the 'core' Pokemon games have been exclusive to the handhelds.

Y'know what was verified at E3? New versions of Sun and Moon (core games) for a Nintendo handheld... not a Switch version. The Switch Pokemon game could end up being anything - a new Colosseum, Rumble, Rangers, hell... even a Switch version of Pokemon Go!

Last edited by duwen, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    well it all depends on nintendo. I rather them just say "Fixed a few exploits that was discovered" instead of "enhance stability to improve experience." They never actually fixed anything worth noting which is why they use the same lame excuse every time. Wii u web browser still suck and sometimes don't return to home menu, and when you use it for prolong time, videos stutter and lag until restart.

4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but live in USA.. for now.
    I got a feeling that people are turn to Switch more than 3DS due that Switch can be use as travel. I don't own a 3DS and don't plan to.

5. sks316

sks316 Retro Enthusiast

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Hyrule
    God please no...

Xyphoseos likes this.
  6. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    I need these updates. It makes my life more... stable.

sks316 likes this.
  7. Soulation

Soulation Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2009
    I love my 3DS but this is Year 2017, that 240p screen needs to die.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  8. Braixen361uwu

Braixen361uwu Banned

Banned
    Jun 11, 2017
    Mexico
    Hermosillo <3 AKA WALL ZONE
    >Stability
    >no new stuff
    :sad_emoji:

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Nintendo said long ago that the Switch (at the time, the NX) wasn't going to replace the Wii U because the NX was going to be something completely different. Now that the Switch has been revealed and released in an environment where the Wii U has effectively been retired, they no longer have to keep up the act, and they can call it what it is: a home console and a Wii U successor. What Nintendo is saying about the 3DS is just posturing to make sure people continue to buy N3DS systems and games until the 3DS is inevitably retired sometime after the release of UltraSun/UltraMoon.

What are they going to do, admit that the 3DS is circling the drain?

10. DeoNaught

DeoNaught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    In your basement ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    NOW WITH GAMECUBE & KNUCKLES

sks316 likes this.
  11. vinstage

vinstage F to pay respects

Jan 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Not with you
    Honestly? Most updates now don't affect me. They do no recognizable change like they used to. Now it's just 'Oh hey there's an update, better check is a new Luma update's been release or s'mthing.'

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Never

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Exactly. The 3DS is dying, but Nintendo doesn't want people to know that and not buy it. Some people will point to Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon as evidence that the 3DS is not dying, but Pokémon remakes are relatively easy to make, and we saw the release of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 for the DS a year after the release of the 3DS. Some people will point to the N2DS as evidence that it's not dying, but Nintendo released the Wii Family Edition a mere year before the release of the Wii U, and Nintendo released the Wii Mini a year after the release of the Wii U.

14. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well, the Wii is a special case - the Wii U (aka that expensive tablet controller) wasn't really competing with its predecessor, in part because most Wii owners were not interested or knowledgeable about the WU but in great part because even Nintendo had mostly dropped support - the last major and big-name game was around 2010, that same year marked the last non-stability update...

(I don't know of anyone who would deliberately but a Wiimini if not for collection, although they were a popular prize in video game tournaments in my area :D)

The reason for Wiimini, N2DS (which has nothing to do with the price point or design philosophy of the O2DS), etc is burning through leftover parts betting (correctly) there's a sufficient impulse and collector market to buy them, given that you can get the "real model" used for less than a budget model new...

15. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    It's E3 2024

Sony has just unveiled the PlayStation 5+, surprising no one. It has a solid launch lineup, but The Last of Us 2 is notably still missing

Microsoft counters with the XBox One Alpha, an x86 based console with 64GB of RAM and a liquid nitrogen cooled 12 core CPU. No one knows if it's a new console or just the latest in the XBox One lineup

Blizzard shows us that TES VI was actually Skyrim the whole time

Nintendo shocks everyone with a new console, leading the industry forward with new and innovative gameplay. The hardware is still about a generation behind. And, if that wasn't enough to get everyone hyped, they've just unveiled the Ultra New 3DS XL, promising to keep the platform alive for another 3 years

sks316 and Lacius like this.
  16. ChronoTrigger

ChronoTrigger Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    I hope the 3DS gets better games and more support for New 3DS as the time goes by

17. Geezerdorf

Geezerdorf Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Mexico
    The unfortunate requirement of minimum SysNAND being the latest one will counter you. But if you don't play Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, you're safe! :tpi:

I laughed more than i should from this one!

Bottomline, it's not healthy to delude on the fact that switch was planned to replace both the WiiU and 3DS. Again, matter of time.
    And @duwen , if the "Help wanted" post from GF itself is any indication, the switch entry seems to be a core Pokemon RPG. We'll get more info on the Tokyo Game Show in September/October.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    No idea what it means, but had no intention of playing pokemon games unless is on a emulator and is doesn't feature any pokemon beyond gen 3, after that it just got way too complicated.