Nintendo potentially fixes left Joy-Con desync issue

nintendo-switch-joy-con-board-2.jpg

Despite a strong console launch, the Nintendo Switch has been plagued with a few issues. One of the more blatant problems being the way that many people are dealing with their left Joy-Cons desyncing, or just being relatively unstable, in terms of connection. Nintendo even made a statement on the matter, claiming it's not a widespread problem, yet still admitting to the issue existing.

At Nintendo, we take great pride in creating quality products and we want our consumers to have a positive experience. It is common with any new innovative consumer technology for consumers to have questions, and Nintendo Switch is no exception. There are no widespread technical problems, and all issues are being handled promptly, including the reports regarding the left Joy-Con Bluetooth connection. To best support our customers, we continuously update the online consumer support site and provide real-time answers to the questions we are receiving. We want our consumers to get up and running quickly to have fun with Nintendo Switch, and if anything falls short of this goal we encourage them to contact Nintendo’s Consumer Service team. For help with any hardware or software questions, please visit: http://support.nintendo.com.

Luckily, though, it seems like there's a fix for those experiencing this issue. Over at the tech related website, CNET, their writer sent their Joy-Con to be repaired at Nintendo. Afterwards, he opened it up, to see if any obvious changes were made. The left Joy-con desync conundrum has been attributed to signal interference with the antenna. In order to fix that, Nintendo applied a piece of conductive foam to his controller, completely fixing the problem. Interestingly, he proceeded to purchase another Joy-Con for comparison, finding that the circuit board has an entirely new manufacturing code, and works perfectly out of the box, hinting to the fact that Nintendo may have fixed what was wrong with the Joy-Cons now. Those that still have the issue are urged to contact Nintendo's support in your region for a repair.

:arrow: Source

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ffs I am actually going to have to do this because I am getting a desync with my joycon, which sucks as it's intermittent and I mainly play hand held and I don't have another controller to use while I wait but I'm not holding onto a faulty joycon if there's a free fix.

I also cannot solder.

Reactions: Xabring

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You're quoting it wrong, it was "You're holding it wrong" because they believed holding the iphone in any particular angle could block interference.
ah right, my bad. Still it was a really big mistake and blamed their customers first before blaming themself and giving out the free "shell" for it.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A fix is a fix. If it works, then that's good enough. Also, the Switch really do seemed rushed especially with that design and fix. I can't believe they overlooked at this. This reminded me of the iPhone and the bumper fix. Oh well, at least it did not explode. :rofl2:

Reactions: Xabring

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is good news I sent my joy-cons in to Nintendo last week so hopefully I will get mine back soon in good working order

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is good news I sent my joy-cons in to Nintendo last week so hopefully I will get mine back soon in good working order
Stupid questions.
Did you send the joycons alone or together with the console?
What serial number did you write in the support request? (there is no serial number in the joycons, I think, did you write the console's serial number?)

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stupid questions.
Did you send the joycons alone or together with the console?
What serial number did you write in the support request? (there is no serial number in the joycons, I think, did you write the console's serial number?)
Why even bother with the web ui? I just called 1-800-255-3700.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why even bother with the web ui? I just called 1-800-255-3700.
I spoke with them, but then they just told me "fill the web Formular and send it to the given address", they also recommended sending all together, but told me I could send only the joycons if I wanted. Meh, not very helpful. I suppose you have better support personal.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing the way this works is that the conductive foam is taking the signal from the terminus of the antenna on the board and giving it a "Nile Delta" effect?

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I spoke with them, but then they just told me "fill the web Formular and send it to the given address", they also recommended sending all together, but told me I could send only the joycons if I wanted. Meh, not very helpful. I suppose you have better support personal.
Are you sure this is the number you called? This is a different number than what the website gives you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do they pay for shipping ? I'm going to call tomorrow too.
Yes.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting, so those that arent aware to send it off to nintendo likely wont.

again proving my point, poor design, no thought nintendo must have known of these, i mean they wouldnt have just had the one system to test and use.

so here is the first of many to come of adapted models.

see how 20 days later they have a slight design alteration and resolved one problem, now think if nintendo simply didnt rush the console out and actually looked at the hardware/design and found/fixed most of the problems before launch.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
interesting, so those that arent aware to send it off to nintendo likely wont.

again proving my point, poor design, no thought nintendo must have known of these, i mean they wouldnt have just had the one system to test and use.

so here is the first of many to come of adapted models.

see how 20 days later they have a slight design alteration and resolved one problem, now think if nintendo simply didnt rush the console out and actually looked at the hardware/design and found/fixed most of the problems before launch.
Yeah, your point is proven. You are so sharp, a genius really. Congratulations. You get the award! /s
Now you can go back to your cave and get your seasonal sleep, happy hibernation!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.