Nintendo Points Card question

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by SamAsh07, Jul 23, 2010.

Jul 23, 2010

Nintendo Points Card question by SamAsh07 at 8:06 PM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    First of I live in Bahrain (Asia), see the red flag on the left? Anyways lol, my DSi is a US region one, NTSC-U, firmware is 1.4U so that very much sums it up eh? DSi shop is also US region one (well ofcourse xD), anyways now to my question, does the Nintendo Points Card have a region lock? Is there such thing like a NTSC Nintendo Points Card and PAL Nintendo Points Card? If so, what should I look out for on the box? I know I could ask the retailer, but just for double checking you know.

AND my other question:- When I enter the Nintendo Points Card PIN on my DSi, it will automatically convert the points to DSi points right? I'm asking this because I found this on Wiki "Once purchased, Nintendo Points must be converted into either Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points before they can be used, locking the points for use on one platform only"

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    When you insert the code in your DSi, the points can only be used on your DSi. The same points can't also be used on the Wii and vice versa.
    The Nintendo Points cards are region locked. Sorry!

3. SamAsh07
    OP

Bahrain
    Ok they are region locked, I have a NTSC DSi, so where does the Nintendo Points Card region name appear??

4. soulx

Canada
  5. SamAsh07
    OP

Bahrain
    Sorry for not clarifying, I only wanted to know if the Nintendo Points Card box has the region name imprinted on it, like if its NTSC "Nintendo Of America blah blah blah", like that. The Points Card here are imported from EU/US, so that's why I wanted to know.

EDIT: Btw the links you provided, first one does lead to a US region card, but its a Wii Points Card and it clearly says in the features "These points are only suitable for the US Wii™ network!"

EDIT2: SO this is a NTSC Points card http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3529260

6. soulx

Canada
    For NTSC points cards it will say in the bottom left
    "For sale and use only in the USA and Canada".

Look above and it'll say
    "NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC
    P.O BOX 957, REDMOND WA
    98073-0957 U.S.A"

7. SamAsh07
    OP

Bahrain
    Okay bud, thats all I wanted to know, thanks for your time, and sorry for some stupid questions, it's my first time purchasing this points card and it's the first time ever tha I'm going to use an online shop to download games.

8. soulx

Canada
    Nah, it's okay.
    Happy to help. [​IMG]