Hardware Nintendo needs a 3DS XL

nbvcxy206

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing 3DS games is a great experience, but it could be even better with a larger and brighter screen !

Just take your DSi XL and compare it directly to the 3DS -
Sometimes when I switched to 3DS I tried to set the brightness level higher - surprise, surprise - not possible... *ouch*
Whenever I switch to DSi XL I am totally blown away from the colors and size....
And did you ever notice the 3D effect is somehow disturbed in darker scenes or somehow it´s more difficult to see the details ???

What do you think ?

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The 3DS does NOT need a REDESIGN. Not now.

It needs more good games, otherwise there won't be an 3DS, Lite, XL or whatever at all. Nintendo is just evading the real problem at the moment with "fixes" like the Slide Pad, firmware updates and a price drop.
The system just needs good games. If that problem is fixed the 3DS will sell itself.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS doesn't help too with that battery... And my eyes get hurt every time I play it (I played it 6/7 times, I don't own one, but I can do an opinion based on it)

DSi XL is awesome, although I don't have one... I really wanted to play Pokemon B/W on it, for example... TWEWY would be soooooooo sweet to xD (*drools*)

Well, 3DS was, and still is in some ways, a failure... DSi XL is good, but it has it's flaws too... As any console... But here, DSi XL wins ;)

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't like the DSi XL, so I wouldn't like a bigger 3DS either... I find the XL too big, I like my smooth and sexy 3DS the way it is... =3

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 3DS was, and still is in some ways, a failure... DSi XL is good, but it has it's flaws too... As any console... But here, DSi XL wins ;)
It isn't and no it doesn't.

This "need" isn't for the 3ds because it is booming right now and November is coming up. It is really a want because people like to want things. :P

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUnny how it's "not a failure" yet Nintendo managed to lose nearly a billion dollars off it. lol @ "booming"
Funny how one doesn't have nothing to do with the other.
The 3ds starting to grow doesn't have nothing to do with the losses which I can't find exact amount.
Most of the money loss is due to the changing currency and even more the R and D. ie. Wii U
So yes, it is booming and it just giving them money back to repeat the process or make new games.

Probably much more in Japan. :glare:

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS does NOT need a REDESIGN.
It needs more good games

Exactly. Even not-so-great hardware could turn out extremely successful given the right software.

For instance, what about AR games ? Many people were truly amazed by them in the beginning, but of course they become boring after few weeks. Why isn't Nintendo publishing more of these in the eShop ? Don't tell me it takes long to develop them - they are extremely simple, there's not much content & the engine is already written...

More on the same subject - what about dedicated 3DSWare games ? Again, I'm not talking epic games like Zelda, but decent time killers running in 3DS resolution, in 3D, and using 3DS' hardware. Why the hell there's only Let's golf ?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS does NOT need a REDESIGN.
It needs more good games

Exactly. Even not-so-great hardware could turn out extremely successful given the right software.

For instance, what about AR games ? Many people were truly amazed by them in the beginning, but of course they become boring after few weeks. Why isn't Nintendo publishing more of these in the eShop ? Don't tell me it takes long to develop them - they are extremely simple, there's not much content & the engine is already written...

More on the same subject - what about dedicated 3DSWare games ? Again, I'm not talking epic games like Zelda, but decent time killers running in 3DS resolution, in 3D, and using 3DS' hardware. Why the hell there's only Let's golf ?
To be fair, I'm sure the japan has a lot in their e-shop.
Not such how long it would take to localize some of them, if ever.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
3DS doesn't help too with that battery... And my eyes get hurt every time I play it (I played it 6/7 times, I don't own one, but I can do an opinion based on it)

DSi XL is awesome, although I don't have one... I really wanted to play Pokemon B/W on it, for example... TWEWY would be soooooooo sweet to xD (*drools*)

I'll warn you, it gets really blocky in DS games on the DSi XL
But really, what would you want, an big version of an old console, or a new console, which can play all those old games and new games at the same price?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here