Gaming Nintendo keeps on drooling over and over, over the perfect 10's BotW scores

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,872
  • Replies 121
  • Likes 2

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people aren't happy that reviewers chose to blatantly ignore downsides, or that a 10/10 game needs to be one without flaws. The score of the reviewer needs to be taken with a grain of salt, though I can understand why some people are irritated at this. People need to start ignoring the numbered score entirely.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because it DOES deserve nothing but the perfect score. Reviews with anything else are just attention seeking trolls.

Are you serious? Hard to tell.

In that aspect then you're saying Jim Sterling's review is a "attention seeking troll" which he isn't.

I legit don't know who this Jim Sterling is.

A bit convenient to say that now.

Times have changed so that's not exactly a good point to make.

He forgot...

Then he didn't do his job as attention seeking troll well enough.

Seriously, he's obviously joking. The joke is that he's acting like a fanboy.

Meanwhile in the Milky Way Galaxy, I thought the game was damn good. It isn't 10/10 worthy, but it's close. I personally have had minimal issues with lag. Death Mountain gave a bit of lag, but otherwise the game's fine.

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Remember that the reviews have a shorter time to do a review for the game. So they can't do as much paddling around and doing all kind of sidemissions etc. Therefore they might not seen as many flaws as we have.
I don't know how much time they got on Zelda however, but Nintendo is often kind on how much time they have, they seem to send out very early. But since this is a launch game for the console, it might not been much time.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a nintendo produced game i give it a score of 8.25/10. For Zelda game, i gave it solid 9. Now if it was a 3rd party game for xbox one and ps4..i would give a c-. Just below average.

Which brings an interesting point or subject matter. If nintendo had gone 3rd party for home consoles and acted only as a first party for a true 3ds like many wanted, they would of had to up their game up for all future zelda titles. Compare botw to witcher 3. How bad would botw loose in sells if both were released at the same time as xbox one and ps 4 titles?

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, he's obviously joking. The joke is that he's acting like a fanboy.

Meanwhile in the Milky Way Galaxy, I thought the game was damn good. It isn't 10/10 worthy, but it's close. I personally have had minimal issues with lag. Death Mountain gave a bit of lag, but otherwise the game's fine.

The need to use /s is strong in these boards. Either that or you can assume that everyone is being sarcastic at any given point.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its paid for, take Wind Waker how it also got 10/10 or 5/5 yet tho it was a decent game it had parts that spoiled it, similar to BOTW which i think is worse than WW your mainly running aimlessly around an overly sized map finding shrines and doing side quests.

the game itself is very short and pretty dull to be fair, the divine beats are repetitive, the boss battles are also repetitive its like fighting the same boss over and over, then you face ganon which is rather dull and when the game is compleated what do you get...... nothing you just start back at your last save point.

The game is buggy as hell and cant beleive this is why nintendo delayed releasing a new zelda title.

sonicfan1373

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For a nintendo produced game i give it a score of 8.25/10. For Zelda game, i gave it solid 9. Now if it was a 3rd party game for xbox one and ps4..i would give a c-. Just below average.

Which brings an interesting point or subject matter. If nintendo had gone 3rd party for home consoles and acted only as a first party for a true 3ds like many wanted, they would of had to up their game up for all future zelda titles. Compare botw to witcher 3. How bad would botw loose in sells if both were released at the same time as xbox one and ps 4 titles?

As someone that has played Witcher 3 and BoTW, I would say they are actually both quite different in what they are trying to do. BoTW is much more accessible and there is a greater emphasis on puzzle solving (particularly physics based ones). The Witcher 3 is much more story driven, and as an ARPG there is a lot more emphasis on combat (which is supposed to be a major point in this game, but I personally found the combat system to be below par) and leveling up. The thing is that there have always been games with more complex mechanics than Zelda (including on Nintendo systems), and yet Zelda remains competitive because it is relatively easy to pick up and play. Based on my experience with both I would give both Witcher 3 and BoTW a solid 9/10, and I think BoTW could have easily held its own with regards to sales even if released on other systems (In fact, I would say it could easily outsell Wither 3, since BoTW is far more accessible).

Last edited by sonicfan1373,
Reactions: chartube12

Proust

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i think its paid for, take Wind Waker how it also got 10/10 or 5/5 yet tho it was a decent game it had parts that spoiled it, similar to BOTW which i think is worse than WW your mainly running aimlessly around an overly sized map finding shrines and doing side quests.

the game itself is very short and pretty dull to be fair, the divine beats are repetitive, the boss battles are also repetitive its like fighting the same boss over and over, then you face ganon which is rather dull and when the game is compleated what do you get...... nothing you just start back at your last save point.

The game is buggy as hell and cant beleive this is why nintendo delayed releasing a new zelda title.

* WW better than BOTW?!?*
*taking a breath and counts to 3. 1...2...3*
*deletes initial post*
* leaves this thread because remembers that opinions are like a-holes...*

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
tis kinda funny xD
but heck if i was among the devs. of the creation of the game i'd also show off everywhere and shitpost everywhere about this game.

botw. is good fun, and sidon's grins is lovely.

sonicfan1373

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The framerate is just atrocious, even after the update it hasn't made a huge improvement overall. That's the point. When you're going to give a game a perfect score you need to consider everything.
If you look at the top metacritic games list, a great deal of them have frame rate issues. GTA IV has got the one score higher than Zelda, and it had similar framerate fluctuation issues (particularly on the PS3). It is the same with GTA V (again namely on PS3 and X360; but even the XOne version and more rarely the PS4 version dips to the mid-20s from time to time), which got the same score as Zelda. I think most reviewers realize that the consoles that these games are running on are not exactly power houses, and so they accept compromises so long as the game is playable and does not really bother them while they are reviewing it.

cros107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone's complaining about framerate, but I personally have never had any issue with it. It dips a little in some areas. Wow. Completely destroys the entire experience of the game. The framerate issues are "meh, they're a bit annoying I guess" at worst. And they barely happen outside of a few areas. Seriously??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1