Hardware Nintendo, I just fixed your latest handheld

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i honestly think the 2nd best method for controls for fps games are the touch screen
that's why i loved dementium 2 on ds, cuz it was so friggin cool to aim

anw, as many updates and fixes u can think of guys, be sure to know that nintendo is aware of it, even better ones than what u come up with
they have a reason not adding it

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Juanmatron said:
DiscostewSM said:
Nintendo made mention that they couldn't add a 2nd analog slider because there was no room within the unit to hold the hardware.

Maybe they can add it if they put off 3D Stereo.

I prefer your 5 minutes fix.
Then what would they call it? "Kinda3DS"?

I'll name it "DS2". Let's be serious. DS succesor is "DS2", with is the rumored system with Tegra 2. Tegra 2 give some problems, so Nintendo has two ideas: Use GCN/Wii GPU or Plan B (Pica200). With PICA200, DS2 becomes "3DS".

Seriously. I don't want to play GameBoy games with a worse control.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
i just wish those 2 thumb sticks where just a Speaker with Bass and Pure Quality making a Surround Like sounds =)

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
gcp4.JPG

Fix'd.

Isn't that shockslayer's? B/A either way.

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
xakota said:
Discuss.
There's no actual topic discussion here, but I'm going to pretend there's one so it's not spam.
The topic of discussion is supposed to be that Ninty's placement of the analog stick and lack of another one is complete fail.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already posted this back in July. It made more sense back then, since we didn't know the final design. Now that we do, there's no hope for a second analog stick in the launch model. I don't think a revision of the 3DS will include it either, but more likely a larger screen, better battery life, and hopefully eye-recognition software to adjust the 3D viewing angle to keep in line with the user's perspective (tech used in upcoming Toshiba 3D laptops).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be alone here, but I feel that a second analog stick is completely unnecessary for a handheld with a touch screen. Its the same reason why the wii doesn't need a second analog stick when you can just point and move around. I love the kind of camera control you get in Goldeneye and Call Of Duty on the wii as opposed to the having to move a second nub around on the Xbox and Playstation.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel a second analog nub would be greatly helpful, especially in FPS (seriously, Metroid Prime: Hunters made my hand rage).

Urza said:
Nice.

Though, if it were less bulky and had a second screen, it'd be a perfect 3DS.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I liked the Circle Pad being at the top.
BTW right handed people?
Well people need to get used to new controls, so right handed will have almost the same effort to get used to the 3DS controls.
Why do we need 2 circle pads anyway.
That would just be doing the same things as Sony and Microsoft...
In FPS for the 3DS i'm sure you will be able to move the camera with the ABXY like in CoD Black Ops and GoldenEye 007 on the DS.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone should make an accessory that's a mini stylus (maybe 1cm long if even that) that straps lightly to your thumb. It would be perfect for DS FPS's at least.

brb copyright office

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pocchama1996 said:
Wabsta said:
Nah, the left one looks better now, but why would you need 2? It's not a playstation dude.
*insert generic "lefties are screwed" response here*
LEFTIES ARE NOT SCREWED! I'm a leftie, and there is an old (?) saying that goes: "People are born with the challenge of being right-handed. Left-handed people are the ones that overcame it and did both.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
leeday100196 said:
pocchama1996 said:
Wabsta said:
Nah, the left one looks better now, but why would you need 2? It's not a playstation dude.
LEFTIES ARE NOT SCREWED! I'm a leftie, and there is an old (?) saying that goes: "People are born with the challenge of being right-handed. Left-handed people are the ones that overcame it and did both.

Actually, those are called ambidiextrous

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
leeday100196 said:
pocchama1996 said:
Wabsta said:

Actually, those are called ambidiextrous
rofl

I can't seem to see how being right-handed is a challenge in any way, other than not being able to use your left hand to that extent.

D

Deleted-220713

You ruined the 3DS!
The left slide pad is fine where it is!
mad.gif

Bridgette agrees!

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't like it.

Analogs are way too low. The analog is supposed to be comfortable because you are using it more, when the d-pad is just there for extra buttons or camera control (Which isn't used as often).

Also, I don't feel a second analog is needed. The only thing that it would be used for is shooters, when we have the touch screen to aim.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xakota said:
Because FPS sucks when you have to aim with buttons or the touch screen. Plus with 3d platformers like OoT and KH3D it's much more convenient adjusting the camera with an analog stick as opposed to with the touch screen or L/R buttons.
FPS games suck with anything that isn't a mouse + keyboard or Wii-like motion controls. And at the very least, the touch screen is a lot more precise than an analog stick with aiming (if not always as comfortable). So +1 to everyone else who said that. And as i recall, not one had any control issues with Metroid Prime, which used only a single analog stick for movement and aiming (c-stick was used for switching weapons). It had button configurations which allowed people to auto aim.

OOT never had a second analog stick, so i don't know what you were playing. It had Z-targeting, that was about the extent of the camera controls besides first person aiming with the bow or whatever. As for 3D platformers, i always choose the easier way to control the camera with a shoulder button, like a way to quickly swing the camera behind you. Constantly using the analog stick and having to pause the action is cumbersome. Mario Galaxy did perfectly without controlling the camera much at all, thanks to good programming. Kingdom Hearts, i've always found the shoulder buttons to be the superior method of controlling the camera. I can use my index fingers and not have to take my thumbs off the face buttons. So i can control the combat while moving and fighting. Not something easy to do with the analog stick, unless you're not right in the middle of the action.

As for this topic, it's hard for Nintendo to add another analog stick where there's literally no room. The disassembling of the 3DS as well as previous developer commentary on the topic confirmed that the space they would put the analog stick is taken up by the battery.

@Ramonra

Wrong. True ambidextrous people are born with the natural gift of being able to use either hand equally. This is from birth, and not something they learn. If you have to learn to use another hand to do the work, you are not truly ambidextrous.

I'm a right handed person, but i was able to adapt to using left handed controls as well (i had a PC in a position once that required me to use my left hand for the mouse, it took me about a week or two to get used to it, but afterwards i could use my left hand as well as my right).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously tho with the experience with psp ( I got used to it ,but still little awkward ) this design probably would have the same experience at least the left side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)