Nintendo Fusion Concept

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by KingVamp, Jun 19, 2015.

?

Do you like the Nintendo Fusion Concept?

Poll closed May 19, 2016.
  1. Yes, but I don't think the rumor is true.

9.1%
  2. No, but I do think the rumor is true.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes and the rumor is true.

9.1%
  4. No and the rumor is false.

9.1%
  5. Yes. Not sure about the rumor.

9.1%
  6. No. Not sure about the rumor.

18.2%
  7. Not sure/Maybe, but the rumor is true.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Not sure/Maybe, but the rumor is false.

36.4%
  9. Not sure/Maybe.

9.1%
  1. KingVamp
    OP

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I see a lot of people repeating this idea. I really doubt that the rumor is true. I even doubted the concept, but could this actually be where they are heading? Do you believe this rumor? If they can pull it off successfully, would you want this?

2. RolfXCIV

RolfXCIV Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2015
    I read rumours about a sort of combination between a domestic and a portable console, but I didn't know they have a name. I think it's an obvious move and it's far from revolutionary, they could be making both a new domestic and portable consoles and they would be connected to each other. PS4 games can be played on Vita and Sony smartphones, according to certain conditions, and Microsoft could pull it off as well. On Nintendo's part, it could be a gambling in order to rival with the other two and it could be a way to avoid a portable gadget exclusively to gaming from becoming obsolete. On the other hand, they could abandon portable consoles in order to focus their hardware effort and funds on a domestic console, while transferring their portable game development to mobile gaming. A far-fetched idea would be for them to try their chance in building a gaming specialized smartphone.

3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    >makes thread about something
    >doesn't bother to explain what that something even is

We ain't all up in Nintendo's junk. No idea what this even is.

4. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    It was some stupid fan idea for a nintendo console that someone made like a year ago. All I can gather from this thread is that apparently people think its real now.

5. MaskedMarvel

MaskedMarvel Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2014
    Canada
    This is what I think they should do:

Anyone who has ever used an emulator before laughs at "Virtual Console" games. They should have a hyperspin-like interface that has the entire library of all their past consoles available via a netflicks-like subscription.

6. KingVamp
    OP

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Wow. That took a while for a response. Lol
    You're right. Basically the rumor states that they are combining their handheld and console into one system.
    Which means the handheld will be the controller and a stand alone system. Also (this is what I think) you probably
    wouldn't be able to buy the console without the handheld. This apparently comes from an insider not just fans.

7. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    sounds like a big pile of BS.

stop it you. Nintendo looks at GBATemp.. with that idea it might cause a big black hole, once one of the people who makes ideas at Nintendo hears about that idea.. causing an black hole in his head from the particles clashing together.

8. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    Hmmm Nintendo NX? Did I read it right?.

Nintendo Fusion is rumors from last year.

9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Whatever Nintendo's cooking up better not fuck with their outdated mentalities like they did with the Wii U. Then again, being the same people gives me very little hope of anything being better.

I sure as shit don't expect them to support voice chat, region free or allow downloads to be used in another console without calling Nintendo.

10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I like the idea, kind of bridging console to handheld even more, but I don't take stock in rumors.