Nintendo finally liking Europe?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can still remember the SNES/N64 days when a high profile game is always released in USA first or not released in PAL regions at all. Reasons can range from, "they need to translate into several languages" or "converting 60hz games to 50hz takes time" or even just a plain old, "Nintendo don't like Europe". Fast forward to now and so far, we're getting games that at one point had never been considered for Europe like Animal Crossing, the three Wii games that prompted "Operation Rainfall", the various 3DS XL special editions (Pikachu and Fire Emblem springs to mind) before America and finally the ability to actually play 60HZ retro games from the eshop on the Wii U (albeit, with a little charge involved).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does Nintendo no longer see Europe as the continent to throw their scraps at?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Not to mention NoE's Club N promotions, like the free game in January and the new "so many games" promotion. Now only if Nintendo Bergsala could distribute club N codes and rewards here :/
It's now the main reason why I have to import 90% of my Nintendo games.

And we're getting M&L4 a month earlier, Europe getting things early was completely unheard of a few years back, there were even times when we would not get a release at all.
Off the top of my head the only European/Japan exclusive titles I can think of are Gimmick!, Ghostbusters II (the good one) and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can still remember the SNES/N64 days when a high profile game is always released in USA first or not released in PAL regions at all. Reasons can range from, "they need to translate into several languages" or "converting 60hz games to 50hz takes time" or even just a plain old, "Nintendo don't like Europe". Fast forward to now and so far, we're getting games that at one point had never been considered for Europe like Animal Crossing, the three Wii games that prompted "Operation Rainfall", the various 3DS XL special editions (Pikachu and Fire Emblem springs to mind) before America and finally the ability to actually play 60HZ retro games from the eshop on the Wii U (albeit, with a little charge involved).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does Nintendo no longer see Europe as the continent to throw their scraps at?

If this week's VC releases are any indication, then yes. They love Japan and EU, but hate the Americas so much they only gave us Ice Climber and Megaman, whoop-de-f***ing doo.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just realised that the 3DS region lock is to prevent Americans importing EU games earlier. Never thought I'd see the day.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Not to mention NoE's website is slow as hell since months. A page load of 5 minutes for club nintendo suff is not uncommon. Yesterday I wanted to take polls and it was a pain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: PM'd mod for the trading area to make sure.