Nintendo finally liking Europe?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Harsky, May 2, 2013.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I can still remember the SNES/N64 days when a high profile game is always released in USA first or not released in PAL regions at all. Reasons can range from, "they need to translate into several languages" or "converting 60hz games to 50hz takes time" or even just a plain old, "Nintendo don't like Europe". Fast forward to now and so far, we're getting games that at one point had never been considered for Europe like Animal Crossing, the three Wii games that prompted "Operation Rainfall", the various 3DS XL special editions (Pikachu and Fire Emblem springs to mind) before America and finally the ability to actually play 60HZ retro games from the eshop on the Wii U (albeit, with a little charge involved).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, does Nintendo no longer see Europe as the continent to throw their scraps at?

2. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    Not to mention NoE's Club N promotions, like the free game in January and the new "so many games" promotion. Now only if Nintendo Bergsala could distribute club N codes and rewards here :/
    It's now the main reason why I have to import 90% of my Nintendo games.

And we're getting M&L4 a month earlier, Europe getting things early was completely unheard of a few years back, there were even times when we would not get a release at all.
    Off the top of my head the only European/Japan exclusive titles I can think of are Gimmick!, Ghostbusters II (the good one) and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland...

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    If this week's VC releases are any indication, then yes. They love Japan and EU, but hate the Americas so much they only gave us Ice Climber and Megaman, whoop-de-f***ing doo.

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    There is no "nintendo finally likes europe". There is Nintendo of Europe finally moves its ass.

5. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And NOA has it's arse stuck to the chair "meh, not worth it. We'll piss them off by releasing one or two games per week."

6. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Just realised that the 3DS region lock is to prevent Americans importing EU games earlier. Never thought I'd see the day.

7. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    Games in Europe are still more expensive though.

Riyaz likes this.
  8. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    They will still found a way around it I'm sure.

9. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Not as ridiculous as e-shop prices for older 3DS games.

10. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Not to mention NoE's website is slow as hell since months. A page load of 5 minutes for club nintendo suff is not uncommon. Yesterday I wanted to take polls and it was a pain.