nintendo dsi problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by superkaytee, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

nintendo dsi problem by superkaytee at 7:03 PM (2,029 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. superkaytee
    OP

Newcomer superkaytee Member

Ireland
    I just got today a r4i card for my dsi. I went to the website www.wwilovemario.com and downloaded the firmware and i put all the files onto the small card.When in the dsi, it would get to the loading stage of the game and then stop.
    I went back to www.r4ultra.com as this website was on the box of the card and downloaded the flash version and i put that onto the small card too.However since i did that, the dsi now says error has occured, please refer to operations manual.

i have tried formatting the card and adding the files back to the card, downloading the files again incase they were corrupt,anything to get the card going. What am i doing wrong?
    Can someone help me please as its really annoying!!1

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Sounds like DSi update 1.4 has stopped it from working to me...

Never buy anything with "R4" in the name. Ever.

3. superkaytee
    OP

Ireland
    how can i fix this??

4. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    As shatterdscreens says, never buy anything with R4 on it.

anyway, you're kinda lucky, because it can be fixed. You need a dslite or dsphat or a dsi under firmware version 1.4.
    download the ultrai_update.nds, put it on your microsd (the little card) and run it on a dslite/phat/dsi.
    let it complete the update, then shut it down. Then put it in your DSi and it should say something like dannyphantom or another retail game. Just press a or start and it will launch.

good luck!

5. superkaytee
    OP

Ireland
    hi i downloaded ultrai_update.nds, put it on my microsd and put it into my dsi and now the dsi just says 'error has occured'

what do i do now?

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    READ what people have told you.

FFS, I actually felt sorry for you until you failed to read what people have told you, and found you posted this question again elsewhere. Posting things twice doesn't get you help, it gets you banned.

As someone kindly told you, you need a DS, DS LITE, or a DSi under version 1.4.

Then you run the ultrai_update.nds file.

7. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    put the file into the micro sd (the one that goes into your r4i), then stick your r4i in your ds/dslite, then run the file.
    then take it out of your ds/dslite and stick the r4i (with the micro sd in it) in your dsi. now it should work.

8. superkaytee
    OP

Ireland
    ok firstly i am very sorry i posted the question twice, i tried to post in the correct forum to help me..

at the moment i cant find my old dslite, thats why i bought a dsi recently,, is there another way around this to fix it without using the dslite?

9. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    no, there isn't. Maybe you can borrow one from a friend or you'll just need to find your old one.

10. superkaytee
    OP

Ireland
    ok thanks very much for your advice...am gonna look everywhere now and try to find it...wish me luck!!

11. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    THIS

12. superkaytee
    OP

Ireland
    i cant find it anywhere...ive searched everywhere....i really wanted to play the games on my dsi tonight....

really is there nothing i cant do to fix this without a dslite...i cant even borrow one!!!all my neighbours are old!!!

13. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Why is it so hard for people to understand that the R4 SUCKS? Why don't these people do some damn research before hand? I researched for 2 days finding which was the best for the money before actually buying my first Acekard 2.1...

14. 7mike7

Newcomer 7mike7 Member

United States
    go to a game shop and ask if you can test a used one

15. GreatZimkogway

United States
    Last I checked, they don't allow that. And even if they did, you'd have to be in plain view of them. I very highly doubt they'd just let you waltz in, ask to use a DS(i), put a flashcard in, and update it right under their noses...

16. 7mike7

Newcomer 7mike7 Member

United States
    there is a shop in my local shopping mall that lets you test stuff

17. GreatZimkogway

United States
    That's odd. One way or another, I doubt they'd let you out of their sight, thus you don't really have the ability to update it.

18. SgtThom

Member SgtThom GBAtemp Regular

United States

Because:

A It's very cheap so morons will most likely buy it because of that reason

B Because it was so popular years ago(It used to be a good card)

It still amaze me people still talk about the R4 A lot more than other flash carts on other websites.

19. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    For original poster.

If using a bit money to get things working, at moment it looks like most promising is M3i zero. Unlike R4 or acekard 2i, it can be upgraded without help of other NDS consoles, only a USB cord and memory card. Also, unlike the only other card (supercard DS one) it takes just few moments, instead of 8 darn minutes, plus compatibility in M3 is quite good even to my experiences (and as I heard that has been revised to "really good" by M3 team last time I used their cart)

Best reason to get one is the USB cord updating - at least that way you have the way keep the device working if there is firmware updates to DSi without help of other DS consoles you do not have.

20. Jennyhly

Newcomer Jennyhly Newbie

United States
    yeah,i agree with u ,i use r4 card [​IMG]