jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really. wow. i didnt even know they had those out!. But back to the topic, if some one wanted to couldnt some one find an exploit in those, or can a flashcart company take advantage of those carts and create a new dsi-penetratable flashcart?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
jonesman99 said:
Really. wow. i didnt even know they had those out!. But back to the topic, if some one wanted to couldnt some one find an exploit in those, or can a flashcart company take advantage of those carts and create a new dsi-penetratable flashcart?

Already: there ARE few ways found.
IF they tough, would be released to larger knowing, nintendo would patch it.
IF flashcart company would make working FC, nintendo would patch it sooner or later.
NOT taking patches would isolate you away from other cool stuff with DSi.

Also, some hackers even HATE the existing market and fact of WHAT are the flashcarts MOSTLY used..?

As yasu stated: "I don't like what flashcarts are used mostly for..."

ALso, do not ask about PS3, read this thread. - JUst saying!

gamefreakfatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I don't know if this has been brought up before or not. From what I know, R4DS/M3Simply, other carts of the time, and more modern carts all used the same NoPass method to get the DS/DSL to boot them up without the need of another (legit/licensed) game. This (NoPass) method was discovered/developed/designed/whatever by the developer of no$gba and the other nocash projects, Martin. He dumped the BIOS (or whatever code was used) for the DS (or DSL) and managed to find the code that is used to determine whether or not the inserted cartridge is a legit/licensed one. Honestly, I probably don't know enough to help out with the situation, although I thought I would put this out there as a possibility.

Here are some things that might help:

Does anyone know if the (known/public?) method was missing part of the routine which was not necessarily used in the DS/DSL units but is now used in the DSi?

Has anyone attempted, or better yet, successfully dumped the BIOS (or whatever code is was previously dumped) in a form usable for disassembly and analysis of the code?

If we manage to dump the same portion of the code that Martin (developer of the nocash projects) dumped previously, we may be able to analyze the code and determine how the routine (for headers or whatever is used to determine whether or not the cart is legit) works.

That's just my 2 cents. Hope it helps, and good luck on getting this all sorted out!

-gamefreakfatty

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
jonesman99 said:
If the dsi wasn't supposed to run movies at all, here is some proof that it can... Idk how they did it but they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbkiasSWRcs

It has a pretty good resolution. Can we discuss this?
He's using a DS Vision to play the Lucario movie, I have this myself.
lecture.gif

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-zvy-71...-j-70-2xo1.html
pa.136945.1.jpg

That would work on the DS Lite and DS Phat too.
wow.. hope they make more movies~
rolleyes.gif

Crozone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If by any chance someone figures out how to boot a DS flash card, will it even be able to access the DSi firmware? And also, homebrew booted off these cards is obviosly not DSi Homebrew, its DS homebrew. So even after DS flashcards work, will it be of any use anyway?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moots said:
My question is, who cares? I hope the Cash grab that is the DSi fails miserably stateside.
Your a little late to the party aren't you. What a stupid thing to say too. How can you ask who cares about the DSi being hacked on a forum known primarily for the hacking of Nintendo consoles. Pretty much everyone here cares about the DSi being hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica