Gaming Nintendo DSi games

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antonkan said:
I heard that Nintendo DSi retail games (not Nintendo DSiWare) is region-locked for the Nintendo DSi. Is that true?

73EPIC_FACEPALM_by_dboy3.jpg

Do you not read the forum at all?!

There are NO DEDICATED JUST FOR THE DSi games out there other than the downloadable DSiware! (DSiware IS region locked)

What there is are a few recent DS games with extra features that are only available when using them in a DSi!

All the rest are just plain standard DS games which are NOT REGION LOCKED ...As is the DS both Lite and Phat and DSi are not REGION LOCKED consoles for these standard games
smile.gif

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kobykaan said:
antonkan said:
I heard that Nintendo DSi retail games (not Nintendo DSiWare) is region-locked for the Nintendo DSi. Is that true?

Do you not read the forum at all?!

There are NO DEDICATED JUST FOR THE DSi games out there other than the downloadable DSiware! (DSiware IS region locked)

What there is are a few recent DS games with extra features that are only available when using them in a DSi!

All the rest are just plain standard DS games which are NOT REGION LOCKED ...As is the DS both Lite and Phat and DSi are not REGION LOCKED consoles!
smile.gif

Well, I created this topic if this is true about the Nintendo DSi retail games. It could be played region free in the flashcart (I guess), and on the original Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ian10234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi Exclusive game will be out soon just not now.
Copied from Nintendo:

[Is the Nintendo DSi internationally compatible?]
Because the Nintendo DSi utilizes region encoding, international compatibility is limited.

Nintendo DSi exclusive game cards
Nintendo DSi game cards that are only compatible with Nintendo DSi (and not Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite) are region locked. This means Nintendo DSi-specific game cards manufactured for the U.S. market would not work in a system made for another country.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That is true, but have you read the forums? I don't think so.

I have to admit, you have become a better member now (not using Arial anymore, and being polite and all that)

I really, really hope you become a nice , helpful member. I really do.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ian10234 said:
DSi Exclusive game will be out soon just not now.
This means Nintendo DSi-specific game cards manufactured for the U.S. market would not work in a system made for another country.

Exactly NONE EXIST at present see above comment by me that mentions this fact!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-