Hacking Nintendo DS Wifi Questions

morcar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
I am on wired conection for my broadband so i know i would need a usb wifi but which one would be good to use my OS is Vista and i heard the Nintendo Wifi does not support Vista yet.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
if you are talking about the official Nintendo usb wifi adapter
070518ninwifi.jpg

it does work with vista.
Code:
Tutorial - Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector and Windows Vista
by Coolbho3001

Keep in mind that this is not an official fix, and is NOT guaranteed to work. This should only be done if you've upgraded to Windows Vista and want to get your existing Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector to work. If you already own a Windows Vista computer, it's recommended that you buy a supported wireless router.

It's frequently asked on the Wifi boards whether the Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector can work with Windows Vista. Most of the time, the answer is no. Currently, Nintendo has not yet released an official Windows Vista version of the Nintendo Wifi USB Connector drivers. However, there is a simple way to install the Windows XP version of the USB Connector drivers in Windows Vista by using the Compatibility Mode feature. I've written a short step-by-step tutorial here detailing the steps that one would need to take to install the Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector in Windows Vista.
* First off, download the latest version of the Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector drivers from NintendoWifi.com (at the time of writing, the latest version was 1.04):

Âhttp://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/showTopic.do?topicId=ConHelp_Download_Drivers&catId=USB

ÂNote: To ensure that your installation completes successfully, make sure that you are using the latest drivers. For best results, download the files from the above link instead of using the CD that came with your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector.

Â* After the file is finished downloading, extract the NintendoWFCReg folder in the ZIP to the desktop.
 Â* On the desktop click on the NintendoWFCReg folder that you just extracted.
 Â* Right-click Setup.exe and press Properties.
 Â* In the properties window, navigate to the Compatibility tab.
 Â* Now, tick the Compatibility mode box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in the drop down list.

Â* Press OK to confirm and save your settings.
 Â* Double click Setup.exe to start the setup. The program should not give you an erro message if you applied compatibility mode correctly. Continue with the setup normally by following the on screen instructions.
 Â* After the installation finishes, the software won't work yet, because you have to set Compatibility mode for the drivers that you just installed on your computer. Navigate to this folder on your hard drive:

ÂC:\Program Files\WiFiConnector

ÂNote: If your local disk is not C, then replace C with whatever letter drive you have your Windows installation on.

Â* In the WiFiConnector folder, right click NintendoWFCReg.exe, click Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, tick the Compatibility mode box, select Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and confirm.
 Â* Restart your computer to finalize everything.

The registration tool should start up when your computer is finished booting. Your new wireless setup should now work completely. The only thing left to do is to try connecting your Nintendo DS or Wii to the Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector. Congratulations, you just successfully installed your Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector in Windows Vista!

Guide Written by Coolbho3001. Source http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/...essage.id=64610

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)