Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
+1 Brain Age 2
+1 StarFox Command

Comments:
Brain Age 2 - As dumb as this may sound, this game is tons of fun for multiplayer. Just get a bunch of friends (I'd recommend between 9 and 16 for the lulz) and choose the drawing mini-game, if you're playing with people that has sense of humor I assure you'll laugh out loud a few times with this one.
StarFox Command - Some of the most underrated multiplayer out there. It can be quite competitive and addicting, even though the D&P takes quite some time.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, I never got around to posting here.

Here are my recommendations:
Soma Bringer - This is one of the best action RPGs I have ever played. It has six unique classes, randomized items and a simple item upgrade system (orbs), a very engaging battle system, a good story line, multiple difficulties, and more. Oh, and you can play through the whole game via multi-cart multiplayer.

Daigasso! Band Brothers DX - This rhythm game has dozens of songs built in, 100 song download slots (assuming you buy it... pirated versions have song packs), a full music editor, and much more. You can play any song over download play, even downloaded songs and songs that you made.

Jump! Ultimate Stars - This is an excellent fighting game that has characters from many different manga series (published in the Weekly Shonen Jump). Download play allows players to use pre-made decks. Multi-cart play allows you to use custom-made decks.

Kirby Super Star Ultra - Fourteen games in one! Well, a couple of those are mini-games. Three of them are arenas where you fight several bosses in sequence (multiplayer is possible here). The rest are adventures that range from short (10 minutes?) to long (1 hour+). In multiplayer, the second player controls your helper, which is essentially an embodied copy power.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pasc said:
+1 Yu-Gi-Oh World Champion Ship 08

Oh man, this is one of the multiplayer games of the Century. It's the game where Yugi, Joey, Kaiba and pals sail the seas looking for the God cards and battle friends, foes and pirates from the Yu gi oh and GX series, right? I play this game every day and I only need one God card to 100% complete the game.
wacko.gif

This game definitely gets my vote.

As well as Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 I would also like to nominate the following games due to their multi-player greatness:

Scrabble 2007 - Upto four players can play this version of the classic board game at once with only one game card (or 8 people if two people share a DS!!!!). There are a number of options to help 'vary' the game and a few of those definitely make this (DS) game an improvemnt to the popular board game itself, especially if you don't have any friends to play against and even if you do.

Mario-Kart
- Mentioned many times before me. I feel you really need two cartridges to really enjoy Mario-Kart but, you can play (and enjoy) this game with only one cartridge though.

Pokemon D/P/P - Needs two cartridges to play (or wi-fi) and a partner with equal skill (or there of) to really enjoy, unless you love tubbing noobs.
lecture.gif
These Pokemon games (and Yu-Gi-Oh 2008) have an endless appeal to them due to the near unlimited stratergies that can be deployed and the seemingly endless options that can be used to help or hinder your cause.

And these games get a mere mention (but are still good multi-player games) :

Tetris
New! Super Mario Bros.
Big Brain Academy
Space Invaders Extreme
42 All-Time Classics
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the hell? I begged for over a year for my Multiplayer Essentials to get stickied and now it finally does.... as someone else's thread! Meh. It's cool, I like your organization system better anyways. As long as the list is out there. It's always been easy to find the "Essentials" for any system. You just go to a website like IGN and sort by rating. But finding the best MULTIPLAYER games is a much trickier affair because most (if not all) sites don't let you sort using # of players as a parameter. So I'm glad someone is continuing my work.
smile.gif

P

pasc

+1 Prey the Stars (got NWFC )
+1 Fifa 09 (got NWFC)
+1 YGO 2008 (got NWFC)
+1 Custom Robo Arena (got NWFC)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart
MPH
Custom Robo Arena
Yu Gi Oh Games
Pokemon D/P/P
Prey the Stars

ps is jump ultimate stars wifi enabled if yes then add it to the list XD

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I will update this as soon as I get a little time over. In the worst case I'll not be able to update this list until the weekend.

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing Wild World
Elite Beat Agents
Mario Party DS (even without wi-fi)
Metroid Prime Hunters
Jump Ultimate Stars

That´s it!

Cya:)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SlyGuy said:
What the hell? I begged for over a year for my Multiplayer Essentials to get stickied and now it finally does.... as someone else's thread! Meh. It's cool, I like your organization system better anyways. As long as the list is out there. It's always been easy to find the "Essentials" for any system. You just go to a website like IGN and sort by rating. But finding the best MULTIPLAYER games is a much trickier affair because most (if not all) sites don't let you sort using # of players as a parameter. So I'm glad someone is continuing my work.
smile.gif
It seems that when you finally got your topic stickied you weren't here, so after a while dice decided to let someone else continue what you started. That someone was me and now I'm trying to keep this topic up-to-date so that more people will know about the great multiplayer games for the DS. And here's to you
grog.gif

Ok, so this list is now once again updated, so keep up the good voting.
happy.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ok, a minor update. Animal Crossing was promoted to "Essential Multiplayer Games".

tinymonkeyt said:
i know this is gonna be on here so might as well toss it out before it comes out
COD5
Please, no votes for games that you haven't played, ok?
wink.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Animal Crossing: Wild World this game is a flipping blast. I went away with my friend and our respective families and we spent nearly a week playing Animal Crossing together. I bought it especially for the trip, and do not regret it at all. The trip was before I had my Cyclo, but still. Animal Crossing is essential. I say don't cheat, as you'll get more fun out of the game. The only reason to play Animal Crossing, after all, is to try to get lots of money to buy the next house upgrade/furniture item/tool/fun thing you need.

MarioKart well... It's MarioKart. Enough said, really. It's a blast with three or more people, and even with two it's fun.

Diagasso - Band Brothers fun for most people, but make sure your friends have rhythm. If not, you're going to get annoyed at them fairly quickly
biggrin.gif
. If they're not that competent, try not to outdo them too much. It's a good way to make enemies.

Prey the Stars is great. I played all the way through the single-player, and although it sometimes got tedious, it's just a blast. Multiplayer, it's even more fun. The backstabbing fun never stops!

All from me for now.

And J!US, which goes without saying if you enjoy Shoen Jump's anime or manga.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it