Nintendo DS Lite - R4, M3 or TT?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by alkz, Jan 8, 2009.

Jan 8, 2009

Nintendo DS Lite - R4, M3 or TT? by alkz at 7:57 AM (1,647 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. alkz
    OP

Newcomer alkz Newbie

Australia
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get one of these cartridges but am unsure as to which one I should go for. R4 (SDHC version) seems to be the popular one, has been recommended to me and TT is said to be the latest and fastest. I would appreciate any feedback from users of these products and also a reputable place to purchase them online.

Cheers
    alkz

2. Kira Yamato

Member Kira Yamato GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I would recomend Edge or TTDS for price AND usefulness... Real R4 isnt getting new firmwares and even though some clones are decent or good... i would still prefer Edge or TTDS because they have good teams behind them releasing new firmwares when needed.

BTW... I believe this is the wrong forum to post that question

3. DJ Hobo

Member DJ Hobo GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    TT is not the latest, and R4 is not the popular choice.. I dunno where you get your info from..

If you want a card that's crammed full of features (such as Real time Guide, Save States, etc..) then go with either Cyclo or Supercard DS.

If you just want a cheap, simple, card just for playing games, then Acekard 2 or EDGE is the way to go.

M3 is also a very solid choice, if you go for that one.

4. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    The R4 SDHC Version is a fake. There are too many fake DSTTs on the market, and many people find that their microSD cards corrupt constantly. M3 is quite old, and outdated. Perhaps consider EDGE or Cyclo.

5. DJ Hobo

Member DJ Hobo GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well, if he does indeed get it, and it works, it won't matter that it's fake, really. But still, best to go with a card that is more trustworthy.

6. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    It actually will matter. The R4 fakes actually cause a lot of problems.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I hope you mean the M3 Simply [​IMG]

anyway my votes would be
    CycloDS, SuperCard DS One, or M3 Real Perfect Bundle

8. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    supercard ds-1 of course

9. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 Real has served me well. It has its firmware updated quite often, and I have been able to use whatever games and homebrew I want. So far it does everything I need.

10. alkz
    OP

Newcomer alkz Newbie

Australia
    i would like to thank everyone for the input into this topic
    i have purchased M3DS Real + Rumble Pack from ozmodchips for $63.50AU
    it looked like a good site because it has links to updates and install information
    thanks once again
    i will post when i receive it to let you guys know how it goes
    cheers

11. crazyazn5

Newcomer crazyazn5 Advanced Member

United States
    Yea I would go for the CycloDS if you would spend $50-$70 on a card. But if you want the same features go for the Supercard DS One, first cart and still loving it.

TT is also good but I think Acekard 2 is better.

12. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I would say M3 Real Perfect bundle, because its a great cart and has basically all the features of the CycloDS with the exception of ingame text reader mainly. M3 Real has Sakura which is great and the english version is coming out soon but in the mean time there is the triple booter.
    If I were you I would avoid getting an R4 or an M3 Simply (are those made anymore?). EDGE and DSTT are nice cheap and durable carts. Also the Supercard DS-1 and AK2 are great choices aswell.

13. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    CycloDS.

14. Matticle

Newcomer Matticle Newbie

Australia
    I have a DSTT and I find it works well and the interface is simple and easy to use. :yayds:

15. Blackiris

Member Blackiris GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I think you'd want the DSTT. The R4 SDHC as already mentioned is a fake (if for some reason you DO want the R4, look for the original one), and I actually haven't gotten the chance to use any card from the MS line, so I can't really say if it's better or not.

DSTT is easy to navigate and simple to use, so from the options you said I'd go for it.

IMO, maybe when you want more out of flashcarts, that's when you should start hunting for a CycloDS or an EDGE. ^^

EDIT: I forgot to mention that DSTT also has clones like DSTT ADV and even something that comes in a DSTT box which makes it harder to dstinguish as a fake. If you decide to get it, search around in GBAtemp for a guide on how to tell a fake from a legit one.