Hacking Nintendo DS Lite - R4, M3 or TT?

alkz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm looking to get one of these cartridges but am unsure as to which one I should go for. R4 (SDHC version) seems to be the popular one, has been recommended to me and TT is said to be the latest and fastest. I would appreciate any feedback from users of these products and also a reputable place to purchase them online.

Cheers
alkz

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I would recomend Edge or TTDS for price AND usefulness... Real R4 isnt getting new firmwares and even though some clones are decent or good... i would still prefer Edge or TTDS because they have good teams behind them releasing new firmwares when needed.

BTW... I believe this is the wrong forum to post that question

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
TT is not the latest, and R4 is not the popular choice.. I dunno where you get your info from..

If you want a card that's crammed full of features (such as Real time Guide, Save States, etc..) then go with either Cyclo or Supercard DS.

If you just want a cheap, simple, card just for playing games, then Acekard 2 or EDGE is the way to go.

M3 is also a very solid choice, if you go for that one.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The R4 SDHC Version is a fake. There are too many fake DSTTs on the market, and many people find that their microSD cards corrupt constantly. M3 is quite old, and outdated. Perhaps consider EDGE or Cyclo.

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
The R4 SDHC Version is a fake. There are too many fake DSTTs on the market, and many people find that their microSD cards corrupt constantly. M3 is quite old, and outdated. Perhaps consider EDGE or Cyclo.
Well, if he does indeed get it, and it works, it won't matter that it's fake, really. But still, best to go with a card that is more trustworthy.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJ Hobo said:
Hehe Moo said:
Well, if he does indeed get it, and it works, it won't matter that it's fake, really. But still, best to go with a card that is more trustworthy.

It actually will matter. The R4 fakes actually cause a lot of problems.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
M3 is quite old, and outdated. Perhaps consider EDGE or Cyclo.
I hope you mean the M3 Simply
unsure.gif

anyway my votes would be
CycloDS, SuperCard DS One, or M3 Real Perfect Bundle

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 Real has served me well. It has its firmware updated quite often, and I have been able to use whatever games and homebrew I want. So far it does everything I need.

alkz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i would like to thank everyone for the input into this topic
i have purchased M3DS Real + Rumble Pack from ozmodchips for $63.50AU
it looked like a good site because it has links to updates and install information
thanks once again
i will post when i receive it to let you guys know how it goes
cheers

crazyazn5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea I would go for the CycloDS if you would spend $50-$70 on a card. But if you want the same features go for the Supercard DS One, first cart and still loving it.

TT is also good but I think Acekard 2 is better.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I would say M3 Real Perfect bundle, because its a great cart and has basically all the features of the CycloDS with the exception of ingame text reader mainly. M3 Real has Sakura which is great and the english version is coming out soon but in the mean time there is the triple booter.
If I were you I would avoid getting an R4 or an M3 Simply (are those made anymore?). EDGE and DSTT are nice cheap and durable carts. Also the Supercard DS-1 and AK2 are great choices aswell.

Blackiris

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you'd want the DSTT. The R4 SDHC as already mentioned is a fake (if for some reason you DO want the R4, look for the original one), and I actually haven't gotten the chance to use any card from the MS line, so I can't really say if it's better or not.

DSTT is easy to navigate and simple to use, so from the options you said I'd go for it.

IMO, maybe when you want more out of flashcarts, that's when you should start hunting for a CycloDS or an EDGE. ^^

EDIT: I forgot to mention that DSTT also has clones like DSTT ADV and even something that comes in a DSTT box which makes it harder to dstinguish as a fake. If you decide to get it, search around in GBAtemp for a guide on how to tell a fake from a legit one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead