OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

I'm wondering whether the DS' era is almost over, since there's going to be the DSi?
I do really hope not, but...

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oy. I'm getting pretty ticked at these kinds of questions...

The DSi is still a DS! It's just a smaller one with a better interface. The games are the SAME. The only difference is the camera for downloadable games. No extra power, no fancy new features. Its the GBM equivalent of the DS.

EDIT: The GBM was the third and last iteration of the GBA and it removed GB/C compatibility. The DSi is the third and, likely, last iteration of the DS and it removes GBA compatibility.

BlackAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerrix said:
Hey there,

I'm wondering whether the DS' era is almost over, since there's going to be the DSi?
I do really hope not, but...

QUOTE(Zerrix @ Oct 13 2008, 10:30 AM) No, it's not.
I hear, there ARE going to be DSi-only games ...

I think that Ds would still last for a few years.. but I hope that Ds would still live long
But I would be buying DSi. It also depends if there are some games that only DSi could play..
LONG LIVE DS
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

That would be bad if there were only gonna be DSi exclusive games.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there aren't. Whoever told that is ignorant. Nintendo announced the only DSi-only games. NINTENDO said that. The only things that are DSi-only are the things you download using the new DSiWare store. That's it. There would be no reason to release DSi-only games as its NOT a new handheld. Nintendo wouldn't alienate so many people like that. It would be a terrible business move.

BlackAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
underpressure116 said:
No there aren't. Whoever told that is ignorant. Nintendo announced the only DSi-only games. NINTENDO said that. The only things that are DSi-only are the things you download using the new DSiWare store. That's it. There would be no reason to release DSi-only games as its NOT a new handheld. Nintendo wouldn't alienate so many people like that. It would be a terrible business move.
Yeah your right fans would get mad at Nintendo if there would be different games for DSi that DS cant read..
So we gotta stay positive!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing to "stay positive" about. There will NOT be ANY DSI only game cartridges. The hardware is all the same other than the cameras. It would cost devs more money to produce the games on carts than it would as DLC just to take advantage of the camera.

Zerrix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so after your theory the DSi could also use the DS engine, since it's NOT a fully new handheld, which could make us able to use our flashcarts on the new DSi, couldn't we?

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It's not an "engine." It's the same hardware. There is a small chance that the new firmware could detect that the flashcart doesn't show up as a normal cart, but that is the only thing that could possibly happen and it is an issue that would be fixed within the hour. It's not some "theory," I'm stating the facts.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
It's technically possible there could be retail DSi games, but none have been announced at this point.

Yes, it's possible, but a terrible idea. Not only will it alienate some DS faithful, it would be more expensive for a retailer to release DSi only carts than it would to release them digitally. And considering the budget most DS games have, they could possibly lose money if they bother to sell them on carts. Pointless, stupid, costly.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no proof that it is region locked. And the only thing that would be region locked would be the DLC. It would be impossible to region lock old games like that. It isn't definitely region locked and DLC is all that could possibly be affected even if it was.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your last day with the DSL won't come till you get your last charge out of your last battery that can only work in a DSL.

I suspect you will become bored with your DSL long before that happens.

Now whether or not people will still be making DSL only games in 2009, well hmm how long did it take them to stop making games that could only be played on the GBA? how about the NES?, the SNES?, the N64? Do you still play any of those?

Myself, I am still playing games for my PC that were made in 97. I only stop playing a game when it is no longer fun to play it.
And I only give up an a game machine when the game machine will no longer play games I want to play.

I don't plan to ditch my DSL just because the market has decided to stop making new titles.

Besides, thanks to the R4DS and all the other items for the same task, it will take some of us years to play all of the games will might have had any interest in
smile.gif

Fraesh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got an old nds, it was one of the first and its still working but i dont think it will last till the next NEW handheld so ill get a dsi for sure i think... and about the old games dying... emulators on ds are so awesome popular! look at the essentials, snes emulator on top! i still love playing super mario world on my ds
biggrin.gif
so you see old console games are still alive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-