Gaming Nintendo DS Fat Problem

Nobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I try to charge my DS Phat, the orange light goes on for a second then disappears. I've read some accounts about this, and mostly it was a blown fuse problem. But, since I don't have the equipment to check it, I wanted to get opinions from your guys first.

So, this is the whole story. My DS was experiencing some screen issues. The upper screen had those black lines across it. I sent it to a technician and he said that the LCD ribbon was the problem. I waited for about a week but he had not been able to fix it since there was no ribbon available at the moment. I became impatient so I took it back since I saw DealExtreme selling a replacement LCD ribbon for a cheap price. When he gave it to me, the ribbon was removed. So, when I took it home, I tried to put it back. I was successful at opening my DS but to my surprise, I saw the WiFi Antenna Module's wires were disconnected and there was no way to put it back. Thinking that it won't matter since it's just for the WiFi, I placed the cable and put my DS back together. When I turned it on, it didn't work. I thought that the battery was dead so I tried charging it. There, I saw that the orange light does on for a second then disappears. I've searched this in the internet, and read some about blown fuses and cable problems.

Now, I wanted to ask you guys if it was just a cable problem or is it really a blown fuse? I'm still waiting for my ordered cable to arrive and I'll try it as soon as I get my hands on it. For the mean time, I want your opinions about this. If it was a fuse problem, is there any guide specific for the DS Phat about fixing the fuse? Guide with pictures or videos will be very much helpful.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Nobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edited it, except for the title. Thanks.

I'm sure it is not the battery since I checked it many times and I even put a paper so that it would stay in place.

Would the broken WiFi cables have an effect on my DS performance? I mean, if I were not to use the WiFi function for a game, would it matter?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Nobie said:

I'm sure it is not the battery since I checked it many times and I even put a paper so that it would stay in place.

Would the broken WiFi cables have an effect on my DS performance? I mean, if I were not to use the WiFi function for a game, would it matter?
Probably not.

Nobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
Nobie said:

Probably not.
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Do you know any guide for fixing a blown fuse?

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've had a similar problem with the orange light. I thought it was the charger, so I opened it and found the internal wires "cut. " It was because of both open and close the pins of the charger several times. So I weld the wires of the charger and it worked. But your problem isn't the same, I think
unsure.gif

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Nobie said:
AlanJohn said:
Nobie said:

Probably not.
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHvspGaiSY[/youtube]

Nobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bean_BR said:
I've had a similar problem with the orange light. I thought it was the charger, so I opened it and found the internal wires "cut. " It was because of both open and close the pins of the charger several times. So I weld the wires of the charger and it worked. But your problem isn't the same, I think
unsure.gif

I'll try to open it once I receive the cable I ordered since I want to minimize the number of times I open my DS. LOL. Thanks for your reply!

AlanJohn said:
Nobie said:
AlanJohn said:
QUOTE(Nobie @ Mar 12 2011, 03:11 PM) Edited it, except for the title. Thanks.

Probably not.
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHvspGaiSY[/youtube]
Thanks!
smile.gif

P

pas

actually... a broken wifi cable hinders a DS from powering on, as far as I can tell from the DS that I accidently ripped said cable off.... (correct me if I'm wrong)

OH, and sorry for necropsoting

v

QUOTE(Nobie @ Mar 12 2011, 03:11 PM)

Probably not.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
actually... a broken wifi cable hinders a DS from powering on, as far as I can tell from the DS that I accidently ripped said cable off.... (correct me if I'm wrong)

OH, and sorry for necropsoting

v

QUOTE(Nobie @ Mar 12 2011, 03:11 PM)

Probably not.
Well, this is embarassing.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there